BioWare Heed My Advice Before It's Too Late

GraunKrynn

Yeah, for all of WoW's problems... it actually had pretty smooth, responsive, and fluid combat.

This game... does not.

I have had as many issues with TOR's combat as I've had with WoW's. Only I'd rather use more than just a 3 button rotation laden with macros that do all the work for me so I can browse reddit while I farm raids the day they go live. Grass is always greener. :rolleyes:

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry that you don't enjoy reading as much as other people do. I guess you wouldn't be my target audience if I was a professional writer.

There could be a job at Bioware for you.

Stories for people who don't like reading.

edit: Sorry, I didn't read the "n't" behind the "would"... must have been subconscious.

Still, it fits.

Edited by Gunfox

It plays similar to WoW yes, but not exactly alike. If this game plays exactly the same way WoW does, then WoW plays exactly the same way EQ does. The games follow the same MMORPG market. If you don't think WoW is past it's peak and starting it's inevitable decline (much like SWTOR will face one day) then you need to look again.

I looked here for that very reason (WoW decline). And found nothing new. So following the same MMORPG market is all i can hope for in the futue? That makes me sad.

I have had as many issues with TOR's combat as I've had with WoW's. Only I'd rather use more than just a 3 button rotation laden with macros that do all the work for me so I can browse reddit while I farm raids the day they go live. Grass is always greener. :rolleyes:

uh huh. Cause it was like that.

I'm not defending WoW in any way really... but that's not really even close to the truth.

I looked here for that very reason (WoW decline). And found nothing new. So following the same MMORPG market is all i can hope for in the futue? That makes me sad.

The new innovation that BW wanted to bring the current model of mainsteam MMOs was the pillar of story. That is the leading innovation behind this game as with all of BW's games. The rich story lines that keep you coming back to find out what happens next and to play through again to find out how your decisions can alter/change the story.

These types of MMOs watch countless others rise and fall and leech some of their features and implement them as their own.

uh huh. Cause it was like that.

I'm not defending WoW in any way really... but that's not really even close to the truth.

It's an exaggeration and WoW's combat hasn't always been as fluid as it is now. Every game has their share of hiccups and bugs. I'm sure the developers are looking into the feedback they've gotten on the combat system and will make the necessary changes. How many changes have been made to WoW's combat system? Way too many to count.

It's an exaggeration and WoW's combat hasn't always been as fluid as it is now. Every game has their share of hiccups and bugs. I'm sure the developers are looking into the feedback they've gotten on the combat system and will make the necessary changes. How many changes have been made to WoW's combat system? Way too many to count.

That's perfectly fair to say.

However, I'm not sure that it can be fixed. And I'm pretty sure that it was discussed to death in Beta. I think there are some pretty strict limitations in the engine, and doubt that they'll overhaul the combat system.

If they can, I'll be pleasantly surprised. But I'm far too cynical to believe that they can.

"Agree" with everything you said except for the slicing nerf. It was needed, but they nerfed it too hard. 40-50% nerf would have been much better than the 71-80% nerf they gave it.

It can always be adjusted later. The nerf may have been a little harsh but this will give BW time to collect new data and observe before making another change or letting the past situation cause more problems.

That's perfectly fair to say.

However, I'm not sure that it can be fixed. And I'm pretty sure that it was discussed to death in Beta. I think there are some pretty strict limitations in the engine, and doubt that they'll overhaul the combat system.

If they can, I'll be pleasantly surprised. But I'm far too cynical to believe that they can.

Yeah it was discussed at great length in beta. I really think the main problem comes from button mashing though and not focusing on the timing of the combat moves you're making. They wanted the combat to be stylish and more 'realistic' so that your character's actually fully perform the moves that you command them to. It's a great concept that could use some tweaking. If it's stemmed to the animation sequences, then those sequences can always be edited to the point to maximize functionality. It's hard to tell if this is on BW's priority list though.