BioWare Heed My Advice Before It's Too Late

GraunKrynn

/agree

The guy made more than a few good points. For me the only major concern I have at the moment is the broken Follow command.

Fix that and I will resubcribe.

Besides that macros need to be put in. You dont have to allow everything to be put into a macro. But not having some basic level is just ridiculous.

I am just really amazed that over the whole course of development the devs didnt think this would be an issue. Its not like the beta testers didnt tell them about all the issues. They just ignored them from what I can tell.

Lol, you left because of a command.

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

/agree

The guy made more than a few good points. For me the only major concern I have at the moment is the broken Follow command.

Fix that and I will resubcribe.

Besides that macros need to be put in. You dont have to allow everything to be put into a macro. But not having some basic level is just ridiculous.

I am just really amazed that over the whole course of development the devs didnt think this would be an issue. Its not like the beta testers didnt tell them about all the issues. They just ignored them from what I can tell.

Devs have commented on macros and they actually like them. They're figuring out a way to implement them so that 1) Spammers can't use them to annoy the player base 2) That they start becoming a necessity for both pve and pvp

Typing in "DPS LFG CADA!" for 40 minutes with no response is not social interaction and the strangers you meet in this fashion have no more of a connection to you than people you meet in the LFG tool, it is not enjoyable, it is not better than a LFG queue system, it definately IS lazyness by the developers not to add one. There is nothing you can say to trump these facts, and these facts are much greater than any reason you can think of not to have one.

Damn it you got there before me...

I have to ask...you really quit over a /follow not working?

Now THATs hardcore lol...

Driz

Eh if he wants to leave because of the /follow bug then that's his problem. I use the auto run feature way more than /follow. It can be annoying though if you're with a friend and need to go AFK for a bit and want to put them on follow. I know I'd be frustrated but I wouldn't quit over it. I'd submit a bug report and keep playing until it's fixed.

Typing in "DPS LFG CADA!" for 40 minutes with no response is not social interaction and the strangers you meet in this fashion have no more of a connection to you than people you meet in the LFG tool, it is not enjoyable, it is not better than a LFG queue system, it definately IS lazyness by the developers not to add one. There is nothing you can say to trump these facts, and these facts are much greater than any reason you can think of not to have one.

You got a source for those facts?

Oh wait...they are all YOUR opinions...my bad :)

Besides which, BW have already stated that LFD is not going to happen.

We already have some social / community tools with which you can LFG...they will be improved with time so get over it.

Driz

Eh if he wants to leave because of the /follow bug then that's his problem. I use the auto run feature way more than /follow. It can be annoying though if you're with a friend and need to go AFK for a bit and want to put them on follow. I know I'd be frustrated but I wouldn't quit over it. I'd submit a bug report and keep playing until it's fixed.

Exactly...

Annoying - yes

Worthy of quitting - not imo

Each to their own tho :)

Driz

SWTOR has MILLIONS of players, MILLIONS!

I just can't seem to find them in the world anywhere, they must be hiding.

BW themselves announced this game recently hit 1 million registered. 1 million is not "millions" it's what rift, aion and warhammer had at launch.

Sorry they have over 1 million active accounts currently. My mistake, but only they know the real numbers.

I love how you called your post fact and not opinion.

FACT - There is a LFG Tool

FACT - You can always use the /who search feature and send tells instead of spamming a channel

FACT - You can create a user LFG channel

FACT - You can add people you run with to your friends list for future FPs if you find a good PUG

FACT - You can create/join a guild whose focus is running FPs

FACT - BioWare has said they'd currently rather have people be more social when making a group instead of relying upon an automated LFD tool.

Sorry bud. I'm sorry that I can't trump your opinion. Thanks for bumping the thread though.

Edited by GraunKrynn

GraunKrynn, I love you man.

And I love you too essell :D

Now THAT made me laugh. It does sound like him, doesn't it.

Good post OP, I chuckled as I read.

Thanks! I'm getting a bigger chuckle out of the replies.

Kudos to OP. He made the best use of the +4 helm of hyperbole for comic effect, so effective , in fact, that some anti-troll defenders got aggroed into making legitimate responses. This is fourm gold!

IKR? Thanks for stopping by.

I totally agree. Tho imagining Jerry Seinfeld's voice reading the first paragraph helped immensely. After that not so much.

Yet it STILL went over people's heads. Ah well.

This game is awful. The millions of people playing this game and enjoying themselves are fools. You should listen to me and my opinion on the game that you worked so hard to create because I'm a professional MMO expert and can also predict the future of the gaming industry. SWTOR will go F2P in 2 months once everyone is tired of the voice acting. Most people are hitting spacebar already anyway, opening their easy mode map and hopping from marker to marker playing collect the gear.

Seriously you guys couldn't make some new quests? It's all just start from point X go kill or click on N of Ys and then either return to point X or continue on to point Z. Also all of this instancing is terrible because I want to compete with 200 other people for the same quest objective that's on a 30 minute respawn timer.

Also, what's with the lack of a LFD tool? I mean seriously. I should be able to click one button and be transported to the dungeon of my choosing with random other strangers. I find it tedious to actually have to talk to people and go to the area that links all of the dungeons together. So dumb.

Another thing, your UI. I mean look at it. It's just there. I can't do anything with it at all. It just sits there taking up space. I can't drag things around like I want. Nevermind that I had to download, install and update (with every patch) at least 5 add-ons in other games to get the UI the way I wanted and it took years of trial and error to finally get this right. I want you guys to give me full control right away because it's 2011 and just because other games have had 7+ years worth of development on you, you should be past them already in every single area.

I don't care if you've done your market research. I don't care if you've had the biggest and arguably smoothest/successful MMO launch to date. I speak for all the players out there because instead of playing the game that I paid for, I'd rather #occupy these forums and spew forth this hatred I have for you.

Server maintenance? You're joking me right? This game should be online and active 24/7 because I'm a paying customer and I pay the right to play when I want. By taking servers offline during what you call 'non-peak' hours are peak gaming hours for me. Who needs to do things like sleep, work, go outside and productive when I could waste away in front of my computer playing a game that I despise because it's just a clone of WoW which is just a clone of EQ which is just a DIKU MUD clone.

Oh and you have the nerve to toss out a nerf with the first weekly patch? My word. I've never seen something so idiotic in my entire life. Who cares if slicing was allowing players to have hundreds of thousands if not millions of credits in a much quicker fashion than those without the profession that could've potentially lead to a virtual economic crisis? It was profitable to me and I'm the only one that counts. Have you not figured this out yet?

I haven't even mentioned how bad this game looks. I don't care if you're trying to cater to a broad audience with literally infinite variations in hardware/software configurations. You should be catering to me and my wants. I want my eyeballs to explode in graphical awe of your art conquests. Not this filth that you've presented me with. I don't care how many stunning videos of this game I see in 1080p this game looks like crap because I say it does. My uber system can handle more. GIVE ME MOAR.

Space combat is another thing. If you're going to give me Star Fox, at least give me all of the controls. I keep waiting for Falco to come out of left field and take out that Destroyer for me, but noooooooooooooooo I have to fire the missles at it myself and then take my free credits, commendations, and xp for playing such an awful mini-game that is designed to give me a break from the grind of questing for my daily profits.

I think this enough for now BW. You have been warned. This game will implode soon if you don't just scrap the whole project and start over because this game is a steaming pile of dung because I say it is and I'm a professional MMO expert and I speak for everyone here.

If you so dislike this game so much, go play the F2P games with the kiddies.

If you so dislike this game so much, go play the F2P games with the kiddies.

I see you quoted my post, but either you A) You didn't read it or B) It went over your head. Either way thanks for coming.

Well done, kind Sir, well done! A++++

:cool:

Thank you :)

such a fail attempt at whatever it is you are trying to accomplish. Let me poke holes in your post. firstly if this game is so fail why havent you cancelled your subscription and ran back to wow with all the little children. Secondly go pull up the sale information on the game for its first few days it basically in one day matched what world of warcraft cataclysm did. also an mmo expert so basically your openly admitting that you have no life. Also you can't expect a new birthed mmo that has been out for just nearing a week or a bit longer now to come preloaded with everything that for example world of warcraft has. one such example is the lfd feature you are complaining about not having. ill tell you a secret world of warcraft which i keep mentioning because its the only other mmo that even somewhat is on level with this one, and i say somewhat loosely. well hint hint there wasent a lfd feature untill lich king and it wasent even fully implemented untill like 6 months after lich king was established. my point is that is i say oh 4-5 years it took to get a lfd option. now i do not hope it takes bioware that long but still. either or to be honest your opinion dosen't matter to any of us players or to Bioware because in the end when it comes to Bioware you are the consumer they are the provider and to be honest if you were to cancel your sub you wouldnt be missed, you would be replaced in under 5 min. now to finish poking holes in your moronic post i leave you with this this game has been doing quite well for the amount of time it has been out and it continues to grow and get more subscribers on a daily basis. so with or without you we as a player base and Bioware as the game's developement company shall continue forward and enjoy the relationship we are forming with or without you. so case in point you are a little man who dosent matter. ;)

This game is awful. The millions of people playing this game and enjoying themselves are fools. You should listen to me and my opinion on the game that you worked so hard to create because I'm a professional MMO expert and can also predict the future of the gaming industry. SWTOR will go F2P in 2 months once everyone is tired of the voice acting. Most people are hitting spacebar already anyway, opening their easy mode map and hopping from marker to marker playing collect the gear.

Seriously you guys couldn't make some new quests? It's all just start from point X go kill or click on N of Ys and then either return to point X or continue on to point Z. Also all of this instancing is terrible because I want to compete with 200 other people for the same quest objective that's on a 30 minute respawn timer.

Also, what's with the lack of a LFD tool? I mean seriously. I should be able to click one button and be transported to the dungeon of my choosing with random other strangers. I find it tedious to actually have to talk to people and go to the area that links all of the dungeons together. So dumb.

Another thing, your UI. I mean look at it. It's just there. I can't do anything with it at all. It just sits there taking up space. I can't drag things around like I want. Nevermind that I had to download, install and update (with every patch) at least 5 add-ons in other games to get the UI the way I wanted and it took years of trial and error to finally get this right. I want you guys to give me full control right away because it's 2011 and just because other games have had 7+ years worth of development on you, you should be past them already in every single area.

I don't care if you've done your market research. I don't care if you've had the biggest and arguably smoothest/successful MMO launch to date. I speak for all the players out there because instead of playing the game that I paid for, I'd rather #occupy these forums and spew forth this hatred I have for you.

Server maintenance? You're joking me right? This game should be online and active 24/7 because I'm a paying customer and I pay the right to play when I want. By taking servers offline during what you call 'non-peak' hours are peak gaming hours for me. Who needs to do things like sleep, work, go outside and productive when I could waste away in front of my computer playing a game that I despise because it's just a clone of WoW which is just a clone of EQ which is just a DIKU MUD clone.

Oh and you have the nerve to toss out a nerf with the first weekly patch? My word. I've never seen something so idiotic in my entire life. Who cares if slicing was allowing players to have hundreds of thousands if not millions of credits in a much quicker fashion than those without the profession that could've potentially lead to a virtual economic crisis? It was profitable to me and I'm the only one that counts. Have you not figured this out yet?

I haven't even mentioned how bad this game looks. I don't care if you're trying to cater to a broad audience with literally infinite variations in hardware/software configurations. You should be catering to me and my wants. I want my eyeballs to explode in graphical awe of your art conquests. Not this filth that you've presented me with. I don't care how many stunning videos of this game I see in 1080p this game looks like crap because I say it does. My uber system can handle more. GIVE ME MOAR.

Space combat is another thing. If you're going to give me Star Fox, at least give me all of the controls. I keep waiting for Falco to come out of left field and take out that Destroyer for me, but noooooooooooooooo I have to fire the missles at it myself and then take my free credits, commendations, and xp for playing such an awful mini-game that is designed to give me a break from the grind of questing for my daily profits.

I think this enough for now BW. You have been warned. This game will implode soon if you don't just scrap the whole project and start over because this game is a steaming pile of dung because I say it is and I'm a professional MMO expert and I speak for everyone here.

I'm sensing a slight degree of sarcasm here.