Customer Support, why the downgrade

cunninspg

So last two tickets i opened up, the response has been disheartening.

When a ticket had a response, we had a green ? on our bar to indicate that the ticket had a response.

that has stopped. I did get an email though.

With the LAST ticket, opened up this past weekend, I did not even get a email response.

So my question is to Bio/EA, what the F?

Why has customer support gone so down hill?

You do not fix anything anymore. And now you don't properly respond.

The only response to both tickets have been "open a bug report"

Well why don't you open the F'ing bug report yourself. :mad::mad::mad:

Do you expect us to Open a bug report for the issue we just reported?

Just wow on the total downgrade of support. Guess you really don't care about people who pay to play. :mad:

Last time I contacted customer support it was to ask a simple question: I had changed my payment information and had somehow accidently "unsubbed". I am paid up until August but had planned on keeping the subscription going. All I needed to know was which lousy button to push to fix where I had cancelled my sub but no...I got a formatted response from one of their "Droids", good description since it might as well be, telling me anything to do with an account had to be done by phone. They also suggested I learn how to use Google phone or Skype. Um...no, I am not making a long distance phone call, nor am I using Skype or any other technology just because they refuse to answer a question which required no discretion. Since they couldn't be bothered offering proper customer service they don't need my money and I won't bother renewing my sub when it runs out.

You have to remember EA has some of the worst customer service of any gaming industry. I came over to SWTOR because I was fed up with WOW but at least Blizzard still has excellent customer service, the best I have ever come across. So I guess I will just go back to spending money over there.:cool:

Sounds like another victim of CSR Droid M0-R0N.

(Or the droid formerly known as M0-T0)

If it makes you feel any better (and I imagine it won't) I don't think they ever had any sort of hiring standards for that position. Even in the early days the level of idiocy in responses, if you got one, would peg the meter.

What kind of ticket was it?

They recently changed how bug reports are handled. Those don't even get a ticket number anymore and are just routed directly to... QA? the recycle bin? without response.

On the other hand I opened a ticket last week because I put a BoP dye into the wrong slot and asked to have it put into the correct one. I added screenshots by sending an email with the ticket number. Email was replied to within hours (closed, as there was already a ticket and emails open new tickets), and the issue itself was also resolved a couple hours later.