BoP armor sets vom Dark vs. Light packs don't unlock in collections

Jerba

i have tested to bind revered seer and reaver armor from event box and cm box. it is indeed unlock in collection, eventhough the armor part from event seem stand alone. so i just grab the armor from collection and replace the stand alone part.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is still an issue for me. Since the start of the event I have found crystals and mounts unlock in collections but not armour. I have a full set of revered seers armour which has not unlocked, and 4/5 Satele Shan pieces which have suffered a similar fate, along with a few other sets I haven't bothered unboxing yet because I didn't have the invent space. I have yet to receive a weapon from the boxes though the thread in general suggests weapons are fine.

I can confirm that even though the BoP armor pieces don't appear to be "collected," when you equip the whole set it WILL unlock in your collections. You'll still have to pay CC to unlock it for other toons, but that's to be expected. Edited by Shambolic

• 1 month later...
Hey folks,

The items SHOULD be unlocking in Collections, like the blog states. We are investigating the issue currently.

Thanks!

29th June - now mid Sept and still not fixed or even updated

Or is it another one of these issues that will disappear under the office carpet after the event is over :rolleyes:

It is still happening and all CS says is that Tait will decide if things will be unlocked or not.

Since Tait did decide...I wonder why they can't unlock armors in collections?

And I wonder how many items I did not see that weren't unlocked in collections.

And why this is not in "known issues" since it is an issue, and it is known.

I just finished my Legendary Victor achievement for the Dark vs Light event. I opened that pack and got the upper, lower and supplementary armor set for Remulus Dreypa's armor set.

Remulus Dreypa's I equipped set on one of my characters and it did not unlock in my collection at all.

I did the same with Satele Shan's Upper Body armor set, but it did not show me even having the pieces, I had bought Satele Shan's belt and leggings, when I equipped them it showed that I had those piece on my character but Satele Shan's Tunic and Gauntlets were not despite having equipped them.

None of the armor I got from Dark vs Light pack that I received for completing the event achievements seem to be unlocking in the collection.

I even logged out and logged in again but nothing changed.

I have decided to refrain from claiming any more item from the stash until this problem is fixed.

I spent weeks completing the Dark vs Light achievement for the event only to be disappointed.

Please fix this problem soon.

29th June - now mid Sept and still not fixed or even updated

Or is it another one of these issues that will disappear under the office carpet after the event is over :rolleyes:

They actually did fix it and stuff was added to collection. Issue seems to have come back with 4.7.1. :(

Hey folks,

The items SHOULD be unlocking in Collections, like the blog states. We are investigating the issue currently.

Thanks!

Would you kindly inform your customer service droids of this? I received the following reply to a ticket I opened about this problem (emphasis mine):

"I hope you have been having a good day so far! Sorry to hear you were having trouble with a few sets not unlocking, you didn't say what sets where affected by this, so on investigation I could see that the leggings and boots of the Remulus Dreypa's set had not unlocked, along with the complete sets of ceremonial mystic and ceremonial. Rest assured I will look in to this for you and see if there is anything I can do to help you get these sets unlocked in your collections.

After investigating the issue it seems that the versions of these item you got are not the correct version for unlocking in collections. I'm truly sorry that this has happened to you, so here what I am going to do, just between you and I, it is not technically against the rule but I might get in trouble if my boss finds out. I have granted you the whole new sets of Remulus Dreypa's armor as well as a whole new set of both the ceremonial mystic and ceremonial sets which I have bound and unlocked for you in collections.

You should be able to see that the set in now complete if you check your collections. Again i'm really sorry this happened and If this has happened on other characters with other sets just reply back to me via this email and I will see what I can do! This ticket will automatically close after talking to you but your cases has not been closed so feel free to reach out to us again. If you have any issues please do let us know and we will be happy to help you out"

I'm sorry... how are the versions that come from the DvL packs NOT the correct versions to unlock in collections when the DvL rewards blog explicitly states that they will? And the idea that a customer service rep could get in trouble for actually solving my problem is pretty ridiculous.

I'm sorry... how are the versions that come from the DvL packs NOT the correct versions to unlock in collections when the DvL rewards blog explicitly states that they will? And the idea that a customer service rep could get in trouble for actually solving my problem is pretty ridiculous.

This was the chestpiece of the Freedon Nadd's armor set I pulled out of as DvL box. There are no tooltips as to how many pieces there are in the set, or if I had collected them.

I contacted CS (with character- and server name to make it easier for them to find it), and they unlocked the whole set for me. And this is the "correct" version I did retrieve from collections after that. So, yeah, the stuff from the packs are not the "correct" versions. A bug, as the CS rep stated in the message I got from them.

I agree that the CS rep stating that they could get in trouble is ridiculous. :D

Edited by DesertusRatticus

I know I made a snide remark earlier but I'l go ahead and ring in some of my own concerns.

I got the Reaver set mixed in with three different DvL achievements and the set actually unlocked. All of the set was completed through the DvL rewards. I believe I also was able to unlock the Ceremonial set this same way. These two sets were recieved and unlocked before the new crate opening experience and I believe I was awarded all the pieces on one character. Edit: Ceremonial was awarded but different pieces were received on two different characters to get the unlock.

I've pretty much finished what I can do with the DvL content so I wanted to try to complete some of the partial sets I was rewarded. Two of these sets Drepya's and Freedon's sets did not unlock when I completed the set by buying the missing pieces off the GTN. Yes, I equipped them to make sure. I think there was another set that did not unlock but I don't remember what it was at the time. I remember I just needed one crate (supplemental I think) so I went ahead and bought it. It has not unlocked.

None of the pieces register as me owning them when I look at the Collections set. Not the GTN bought or the DvL rewards pieces.

Edit: @Skiersaur: I'm going to guess that a 'new' version of the armor set had to be made to be BoP while the pieces that unlock the armor set to begin with are BoE. Copies created from the CM are BoP so maybe these pieces we're getting from the DvL are the 'copy' version and therefore do not count toward the fulfillment of the armor set? That's just a hunch.

Edit 02: Logging out and back in, the pieces I bought off the GTN for the Freedon set now register but not any of the pieces I received through the DvL event.

Edited by Keraejis

Same problem here.

I have the Reaver's upper body armor from a DvL reward pack, the lower from a regular cartel pack and just picked up the supplementary armor off of the GTN. The lower and supplementary are registering in the collection, but not the upper pieces.

Is there any chance of getting this fixed?

Hey folks, The items SHOULD be unlocking in Collections, like the blog states. We are investigating the issue currently. Thanks!

Are there new informations after 12 weeks of investigation?

Write a ticket, as long as you have the complete set the CS will unlock it manually for you.

That could be a solution for some tickets of some players. I think now, as long as DvsL comes to an end with increasing Unlocks in Collections, there should be a better way ...

Edited by Han_Salo

Hey folks,

Thanks!

It used to work perfectly (I have unlocked Reaver's and Satele Shan's set on different servers and at different dates with mixed pieces from the DvL event and GTN) but just now for the first time it derped... Ceremonial Mystic's armor.

Sad panda :confused:

Edited by BenduKundalini

I have also received a full armor set and am unable to unlock it under collections. It says that 0/7 are unlocked, when all 7 are bound to one toon. I'm now hesitant to grab anything else from the packs stash for fear that it won't actually bind properly in order to unlock from collections. :confused::(

I absolutely second this thread - I have encountered the very same issue and hope this gets fixed soon, since it really kinda devalues the rewards you gain through this event. For me it affects the Reaver Armor set which does not unlock due to 5 parts not contributing to the set count, only chest and gloves feature the set counter.

I'm able to provide screenshots in case this helps the devs.

Cheers,

Force42

Edited by force_fortytwo