Season 2 of KotFE

Patroller

Recently, I have heard a lot of talk about season 2 of the KotFE. What are people talking about when they mention this? I thought we were going to be finished with these crappy monthly expansions and crappy story. I know I as well as many others hate what BW is doing and have mentioned it in the forums. If I understand "season 2" correctly, does it mean the devs are going to continue with these expansions and story?

Recently, I have heard a lot of talk about season 2 of the KotFE. What are people talking about when they mention this? I thought we were going to be finished with these crappy monthly expansions and crappy story. I know I as well as many others hate what BW is doing and have mentioned it in the forums. If I understand "season 2" correctly, does it mean the devs are going to continue with these expansions and story?

Yes, this was their plan from the very beginning.

They've been working on new chapters for next season for awhile. It's in Ben Irving's informal roadmap from a few months ago. From where did you get the idea that chapters and the story were over?

Edited by Savej

They've been working on new chapters for next season for awhile. It's in Ben Irving's informal roadmap from a few months ago. From where did you get the idea that chapters and the story were over?

Roadmap?

As far as I know the only thing that's been discussed is Season 2 - And I've never seen a date.... Are you talking about his open letter? The one where he said:

First off, I want to apologize for some of the issues you have experienced in the last couple of months. The monthly chapter release schedule is new and it has come with some unexpected bugs. It has caused problems for some of you and I want to say I am sorry. At our core, the SWTOR team are all gamers, just like you. We empathize with the excitement of wanting to play a great game only to be blocked by a problem. We spend all of our energy striving to make SWTOR the best game possible and when bugs and other issues get in the way of your player experience, we take it to heart. We are committed to doing better and I think Chapter XII: Visions in the Dark shows we are serious about listening to your concerns and making meaningful changes to address them - a high quality chapter, released on time that we hope has met the expectations of our players.

^Ironic.

Anyway, IMO that wasn't a roadmap. It's not even a dotted line on the floor leading to the loo.

Ya Season 2 is going to be very interesting, because like many games that can have drastic decisions in companions dying left and right, the first few parts of the game is relatively the same grinding the choices that you made making the pot boil. Once season 2 hits i can see us loosing 30% or more of our companions. Shoulda Killed/Banished Kalyio :p

I don't mind the monthly chapters but they need to release more content outside of KOTFE then all is good with the world :p

There's going be a few months gap between end of season 1 and start of season 2 so hopefully they have something planned but the event could be the only thing sadly....

Once season 2 hits i can see us loosing 30% or more of our companions. Shoulda Killed/Banished Kalyio :p

This is why I am only doing affection with companions we have gotten as rewards, Nico and HK 55, bought Treek, or grinded out HK 51. I am looking forward to season 2, I have enjoyed it thus far. I have my suspicions how it will all turn out.

It is what it is. It looks to be the content plan going forward. I don't dig it. I think the monthly releases brings the story down. I think the story would be better presented if it was released all at once even if it was a paid expansion.

It is what it is. It looks to be the content plan going forward. I don't dig it. I think the monthly releases brings the story down. I think the story would be better presented if it was released all at once even if it was a paid expansion.

Exactly! Of course there are others that will disagree since their contention is that having monthly chapters gives the player more options even if someone will blow through the content within an hour or so. A full blown dlc just makes more sense to me so the story will always be fresh in my mind and not strung out and diluted like the way it is now. I've only played to chapter 9 on a couple of toons and have stopped. The way it is now has made me think long and hard about my subscription for this game and as a result at the end of this month I will let it lapse and just will resubscribe only when all of season 2 has been released.

Edited by Bakgrind

Wait just a minute. Chapter 16 is supposed to be the KOTFE finale. If Season 2 is just more KOTFE then they need to stop refering to chapter 16 as the finale.

Chapter 16 is a finale of KOTFE (Season 1)

Looks like Season 2 will be called KOTET (check dulfy site). It could be Knights of the Eternal Throne.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.