What will you be doing for the Light vs Dark event?

Zellous

Sorry but I'm giving it to close friends who will make good use of said stuff. :D

What happens 6 months later when you realize you probably over reacted and there is new content that you want to do in the game but all your stuff is gone? Carry on without said stuff?

I never did understand why people gave away anything when they left, odds are they'll come back one day. :)

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to keep playing my existing (and only) character at the usual leisurely pace. I don't mind the event but I'm not interested in speedrunning so I'm simply ignoring it. When I get him through all the available story content I'll start my next class but probably won't get her past Heroic before the event ends, if that. Still, that's one free reward more than I would have received otherwise so it's all good to me.

I'll be doing what I always do...which is working on my writing and decorating my house...I think Tatooine is due for an overhaul again. It's also summer, so I think I'll be out in the garden and doing things with my kid and my dog.

It's too hot here to be doing any of that outside stuff. I need to find a spider that raced through the door and over my foot like someone had set it's arse on fire. A ~15cm spider is a lot harder to find than you'd think. I've also picked up Arc Survival from the Steam sale.. .it's decent but kind of annoying with the limited console controls. The port is good but it's still like playing with one arm tied behind your back. I'm looking at a couple of smaller MMOs that are still in development. Here's hoping EA don't convince them to sell out. Forsaken Legends is interesting... sandbox not theme park so it holds a lot of appeal to an old timer like me. Then again, maybe I'll just clean up the balcony that I keep putting off and find whatever it was that terrified the spider enough to want to face certain death rather than stay out there.

What happens 6 months later when you realize you probably over reacted and there is new content that you want to do in the game but all your stuff is gone? Carry on without said stuff?

I never did understand why people gave away anything when they left, odds are they'll come back one day. :)

That's why I left it with close friends that are my best friends who play everything together from PC, Console, and etc. If I ever need stuff again they'll help me out just like they always have. I'll still have my credits, collections, and anything I really need. I just made sure to give them all the extra hypercrates, comp gifts, and extra fluff I had. If I do ever return it most likely won't be until the end of KOTFE Season 2. The lack of development in this game is pathetic as is the lack of new group content along with this pathetic sham of an event is reason enough to leave until they sort this cesspool out.

My plan...

SWTOR announced their LS/DS event and Steam started their summer sale the same day. Coincidence....

Serious.. I can blow through the KOTFE chapters in about a week. I figure I will play the chapters the week they get released then find something off Steam to enjoy till the next chapter.

Nothing... There is absolutely no reason that existing characters should be restricted from use in "events".

What this guy says. I was rather particular and deliberate in how I made my 8 core class characters and I'm not going to retread every Advanced Class to level 50+ again for achievement points, the modern day equivalent of high score in a NES title.

What this guy says. I was rather particular and deliberate in how I made my 8 core class characters and I'm not going to retread every Advanced Class to level 50+ again for achievement points, the modern day equivalent of high score in a NES title.

Agreed.

I'm torn between a new mara, jugg, or assassin. The Sith Warrior story is my favorite, and I've only played through it once, so I would rather make a marauder/jugg. However, I see this in teh patch notes:

The Sith Inquisitor Mission "Preparations" now awards the item "Kallig's Countenance." This is a new version of the item that is moddable and Legacy-bound. Existing version of the items have not been updated.

I'd really like that legacy helmet. And assassins are easier/quicker to solo content.