Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Dark vs. Light Event

EricMusco

I do wish they would clarify the issue with the flashpoints.

Does solo count or not considering they way they have worded it. Sounds like they are saying one thing and doing another.

Yes i wish for a clarification. So far that i see and read (blog post) is that the solo modes count for the fps that have solo modes, as not every fp has a solo mode. So you will have to solo those with no god droid (stupid to even try imo unless you want to waste time and brag) or group up with another or 3 others for.....Hammer Station, Mando Raiders, Cadedimu, Athiss, Colicoid War Game, Red Reaper, and Kuat. All the other ones have a solo mode IIRC. Hope that helps :)

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought it was according to the link guide.... Maybe I'm wrong....

Take a look at the champion rank

First page of it:

CHAMPION LEVEL REWARDS:

Victorious Trailblazer’s Armor Set

Victorious Pioneer’s Armor Set: Gloves and Boots – grants +10% Bonus XP (full set grants +50% Bonux XP)!

15 Force-Bound Dark vs. Light Packs (includes one “Best of” Dark or Light themed weapon, gear, mount, decoration, color crystal or dye from previous cartel packs plus either an XP Boost or Companion gift)

In-Game Title: “The Champion Victor”

COMPLETE ALL THESE CHALLENGES TO UNLOCK YOUR REWARDS:

Complete all 16 Chapters of Knights of the Fallen Empire Expansion on 1 Character (Chapter 15 launches June 30 and Chapter 16 launches late July)

Complete all Flashpoints in Solo or Tactical Mode

Reach Valor Rank 5

Complete 5 Alliance Alerts

now what you need to do on the next page:

Flashpoint Expert

To complete the objective “Flashpoint Expert”, you must take a Dark vs. Light event character and complete the following Tactical Flashpoints (in any order):

Hammer Station

Cademimu

The Red Reaper

The Battle of Ilum

Kuat Drive Yards

Korriban Incursion (either the Empire and Republic version)

Battle of Rishi

Athiss

Taral V (Republic only)

Boarding Party (Empire only)

Directive 7

Czerka Corporate Labs

Depths of Manaan

Assault on Tython (either the Empire and Republic version)

Mandalorian Raiders

Maelstrom Prison (Republic only)

The Foundry (Empire only)

The False Emperor

Czerka Core Meltdown

Legacy of the Rakata

Blood Hunt

RIP SWTOR 23/6/2016 ... I tell you all now.

The day EA/Bioware decided to pull the plug on this game by screwing over their playerbase.

Oh they really screwed us over, no doubt about it and i detest it and they way they are handling it and the requirements for it are stupid. But i will say that after rereading more and such, its not as bad as i thought. And also, it is optional so you don't have to do.

Yes i wish for a clarification. So far that i see and read (blog post) is that the solo modes count for the fps that have solo modes, as not every fp has a solo mode. So you will have to solo those with no god droid (stupid to even try imo unless you want to waste time and brag) or group up with another or 3 others for.....Hammer Station, Mando Raiders, Cadedimu, Athiss, Colicoid War Game, Red Reaper, and Kuat. All the other ones have a solo mode IIRC. Hope that helps :)

Problem is I know people that will do the solo one but if it doesn't count then they going to rightly upset as it said either or on the front page but not so on the expert list. They need to be truthful about whether solo counts or not.

Oh they really screwed us over, no doubt about it and i detest it and they way they are handling it and the requirements for it are stupid. But i will say that after rereading more and such, its not as bad as i thought. And also, it is optional so you don't have to do.

I am not against the event perse, hell speedrun sounds fun ... but there are way to many things wrong with the event. One of the biggest gripe I have is that you need to level EIGHT toons of different classes just to get part of it done. No loyal longstanding member wants to do that, I am sure.

And their lack of communication today is disturbing and unbelievable. Why? Because they keep silent. Because they know they did something wrong, and just do not want to admit it.

Take a look at the champion rank

First page of it:

CHAMPION LEVEL REWARDS:

Victorious Trailblazer’s Armor Set

Victorious Pioneer’s Armor Set: Gloves and Boots – grants +10% Bonus XP (full set grants +50% Bonux XP)!

15 Force-Bound Dark vs. Light Packs (includes one “Best of” Dark or Light themed weapon, gear, mount, decoration, color crystal or dye from previous cartel packs plus either an XP Boost or Companion gift)

In-Game Title: “The Champion Victor”

COMPLETE ALL THESE CHALLENGES TO UNLOCK YOUR REWARDS:

Complete all 16 Chapters of Knights of the Fallen Empire Expansion on 1 Character (Chapter 15 launches June 30 and Chapter 16 launches late July)

Complete all Flashpoints in Solo or Tactical Mode

Reach Valor Rank 5

Complete 5 Alliance Alerts

now what you need to do on the next page:

Flashpoint Expert

To complete the objective “Flashpoint Expert”, you must take a Dark vs. Light event character and complete the following Tactical Flashpoints (in any order):

Hammer Station

Cademimu

The Red Reaper

The Battle of Ilum

Kuat Drive Yards

Korriban Incursion (either the Empire and Republic version)

Battle of Rishi

Athiss

Taral V (Republic only)

Boarding Party (Empire only)

Directive 7

Czerka Corporate Labs

Depths of Manaan

Assault on Tython (either the Empire and Republic version)

Mandalorian Raiders

Maelstrom Prison (Republic only)

The Foundry (Empire only)

The False Emperor

Czerka Core Meltdown

Legacy of the Rakata

Blood Hunt

Oh! Are you pointing to the fact that heading right above the list of the fps says "Tactical Flashpoints" and not "Solo"? Well they are technically tac fps, just you can do them solo with the god droid. In fact before they added the dailys for solo modes, they counted for the tac fp weekly (still might just cant be bothered atm because I'm lazy.)

Oh! Are you pointing to the fact that heading right above the list of the fps says "Tactical Flashpoints" and not "Solo"? Well they are technically tac fps, just you can do them solo with the god droid. In fact before they added the dailys for solo modes, they counted for the tac fp weekly (still might just cant be bothered atm because I'm lazy.)

yea but some of those are the list are also soloable (Korriban, Tython, Maanan, Rakata, and a few others) so they need to be specific if the solos for those count.

I am not against the event perse, hell speedrun sounds fun ... but there are way to many things wrong with the event. One of the biggest gripe I have is that you need to level EIGHT toons of different classes just to get part of it done. No loyal longstanding member wants to do that, I am sure.

And their lack of communication today is disturbing and unbelievable. Why? Because they keep silent. Because they know they did something wrong, and just do not want to admit it.

Well as much as i was contemplating leaving SWTOR on Thursday when the blog was released, it has subsided somewhat with reading over more info. I already run heroics on multiple characters for creds anyways throughout the week (I'm poor and have a GTN problem) so doing it and leveling characters at the same time isn't big of a deal for me. The main reason i was mad was i thought i had to do ALL 8 storylines through chapter 8, now THAT would have been beyond stupid. But its just lv50, not even the max lv 65. (only 2 for lv65 one pub one imp) Also, which as much as i detest them and i am mad at them for not responding more to the fears and concerns and explaining more, it is the weekend. So maybe they are doing things with family or other things then being at work and responding to the forums? I mean i have spent HOURS just reading through all the 134+ pages of this forum, and then responding to them? And I'm just one dude, ONE. And remember it seems that the dev team for this game was gutted by EA, so there are less people working there. And they are busy working on assets ingame and such, not sitting and reading forum after forum and responding to them. Yes i wish they would hire me to just sit and read and respond and get paid for it :D But life is what it is. So not defending them not responding, but just making sure we all have are common sense bought helmets on and think. :)

Okay a more reasonable post from me then ... I do not mind the event to be fair and honest ... I mind the RIDICULOUS requirement to create 8 new toons. Bioware is actually asking us to shelve the toons we have worked so hard to built up, some of us put years in, for the entirety of the event, cause from what I hear achievements can only be done with toons created for the event.

I don't mind leveling ONE toon or maybe TWO, for both Light and Dark then, but eight is RIDICULOUS and UNACCEPTABLE.

Oh and then of course there is the problem of character slots. As it stands now, I have none left. I do NOT plan on going to another server just to do this event. Bioware needs to adress those players as well. They need to increase the character limit cap.

Edited by SebastiaanZ

yea but some of those are the list are also soloable (Korriban, Tython, Maanan, Rakata, and a few others) so they need to be specific if the solos for those count.

Should. (Other solo mode fps are, Esseles, Black Talon, Taral V, Maelstorm Prison, Boarding Party, The Foundry, Derective 7, Battle for Ilum, False Emperor, and the 4 you listed) Specifically the Legacy tier requires Esseles, Black Talon, Taral V, Maelstorm Prison, Boarding Party and The Foundry to be done, and solo mode or tac count. So i don't see the solo modes for the flashpoint not counting, as they count for previous tiers. But a 100% clarify is needed. Please Eric? Answer this. :):):)

Okay a more reasonable post from me then ... I do not mind the event to be fair and honest ... I mind the RIDICULOUS requirement to create 8 new toons. Bioware is actually asking us to shelve the toons we have worked so hard to built up, some of us put years in, for the entirety of the event, cause from what I hear achievements can only be done with toons created for the event.

I don't mind leveling ONE toon or maybe TWO, for both Light and Dark then, but eight is RIDICULOUS and UNACCEPTABLE.

Oh and then of course there is the problem of character slots. As it stands now, I have none left. I do NOT plan on going to another server just to do this event. Bioware needs to adress those players as well. They need to increase the character limit cap.

As much as i want that (yes I'm at the 40 character limit atm and yes i have no life and yes i need a girlfriend, but i want all the other server characters on one big main server so all my perks i have got effect them all (yes i know about transfers, which were ok with 90CC, but 1000CC or 10 bucks? *sigh*) I can't remember where, but I remember reading that it was hard for them to add more slots in. I can try looking around if want. It was a dev post ,so the dev tracker should have record of it.

I would really like an answer to this. It was mentioned before characters only created on or after the event count toward the event. However, I have dozens of characters level 1 with my names saved and the looks set.

Since they are still level one do they count?

Or how about they have been created but never been loaded into the game?

Or they have been loaded but never left the first mail box?

Like I said before I have more than i can count already created characters with names and looks already set. Some I have loaded to get mail, some I have never even loaded into the game.

I would hate if I have to delete these characters and possibly lose their names. Thank god at least I wrote down the numbers for the looks categories.

I would really like an answer to this. It was mentioned before characters only created on or after the event count toward the event. However, I have dozens of characters level 1 with my names saved and the looks set.

Like I said before I have more than i can count already created characters with names and looks already set. Some I have loaded to get mail, some I have never even loaded into the game.

I would hate if I have to delete these characters and possibly lose their names. Thank god at least I wrote down the numbers for the looks categories.

No they have to be created on or after the 28th to count.

Edited by DarthEnrique

Oh Lakemine, do you know anyone who has successfully transferred between EU and US? I just looked on the transfer page and it says that you can't. I'm wondering if they just haven't updated their rules page.

Also, does anyone know if transferring your Legacy includes character inventory slots you've unlocked?

I'm thinking this might be a good time to rebuild my Legacy on a server closer to home, as much as I love you EU people.

Sad news....did some looking around yeah, the cross country server transfers are disabled atm :o:( Thought when they disabled the transfer system a month ago they turned them all back on, guess not. Hopefully when/if they turn that feature back on, they will say so in a big clear sign so people like you can see it. *sigh* Sorry i couldn't be more help. :(

Edited by Lakemine

Yeah like what was posted just above, ANY character made atm, lv1-65 will NOt count what so ever for the new event. Only characters made on or after June 28th count. Yeah i have a bunch of name saves to. Imo, write down the numbers at the appearance terminal, then write down your characters name (and any alt codes if need be) wait till a off peak time, like 1-4 AM, and then switch them out. That's what i do with my guys and gals. Hope that helps :D May the Force be with you.

"The most important part of any event is when you get your rewards!"

This one line is probably the greatest indicator of the problem the Devs have had in managing this game since the time they first unveiled the crafting system to be used.

No, the most important part of any event is not when you get your rewards, but the enjoyment you get in playing the event, and the idea that the event is somehow worthwhile in the overall story of the game. People who think the only point in an event is to hand out rewards are those who think grind is the gold standard of making games.

Of course, coming from a company that went on record stating they wanted crafting to be done by NPCs so it didn't take player characters away from the 'real game' of combat and looting, I suppose we have to expect this kind of oversight into what actually constitutes the 'most important part' of an event.

My two cents.

Wouldn't it make more sense to have the companions as the very last reward? Cause the last rewards seem kinda lackluster by comparison.

Seriously!? Imagine the forums/social media if that was the case. The current outrage would be drop in the ocean compared with what that would unleash.

What they should do is add a repeatable "level" for veteran players. Something similar to a conquest would work really well IMO (and there have been several suggestions made by others that would be workable). Have a force-bound pack or two (or more) as a reward and give a varied array of objectives that the player can choose from—complete missions / heroics / story / FPs / OPs / GSF / PVP etc etc to earn a certain amount of packs. A feature that can be completed by any character on the account, old or new, no matter the character level or gear level. (Though, this would only really work well if they changed the reward packs to BoA or BoL).

They wouldn't have to release it on the 28th, just add it in a week or two. It would multiply my enthusiasm for this event by... I can't event put a number of it. It would check a lot of boxes on the things that are frustrating me, and others, about this event.

Well, just when I didn't think you all could pull something even more stupid than before, you pull this. I'm not even mad. I'm actually amazed at the stupidity of this event. Re-roll characters that we have already leveled since launch for some legacy achieves and random pieces of legacy gear....wow...really? Where are the new Ops and FP's based on the this Xpac? Where is the actual new group content to hold us over after we play the 60 minutes of "epic story" every month?

If this was the best idea you all could come up with, I'm even more worried about the future of this game than ever....

Well you were nicer than I would be. I would have said when Mustafar (the one in Revenge of the Sith) freezes over.

Hmm....i know my Jedi Knights wife thinks that Hoth and Tatooine together would be a interesting planet.....wonder what would happen if Mustafar and Hoth got thrown in a blender?

Edited by Lakemine

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.