Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Dark vs. Light Event

EricMusco

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the legendary achievement, can we lvl 1 toon to 50, delete and repeat or does each of the 8 toons have to complete the specific requirements?

One character slot, level to 50 with trooper, delete, level JK to 50, delete, level BH to 50 delete, ect ect ect. And remember its just lv 50, not completing their storylines.

For the legendary achievement, can we lvl 1 toon to 50, delete and repeat or does each of the 8 toons have to complete the specific requirements?

As far as I know yes.... only two toons have to make it to 65... one pub one imp.

You just have to unlock the achievement after that you can delete.

Once you have completed the objective by receiving the achievement, that character no longer needs to be active. So you could level to 50 on a character, and then delete it.

-eric

For the Legacy achievement, do you have to have a separate legacy for the new character?, since if the character was on my existing legacy they wouldn't be able to collect datacrons since I already have them all.

I believe they are 5 new datacrons being added.

It will not matter per character. Only the total of every lightside and darkside choice made from new characters made on June 28th onward will count. Meaning even if your total lightside and the darkside wins overall when the event end, you can ONLY get the darkside companion. and vice versa.

Which I think is stupid, it's like your choices don't matter.

I've got 16 characters, one for each adv. class, all maxed out.

I have countless number of armors, mounts and other useless stuff all over my legacy.

I can only imagine how many of you are in similar position as myself. Did BioWare really think we would create yet another character (for which I don't have room on account anyway and don't intend to spend real $ to make some) just to play all the content... yet again? Content we all already know by heart?? For what? Another bulk of useless stuff? And a chance for all-time-favorites? Like we wouldn't know what are packs chances for premium stuff...

If BW would say - hey - we won't do any new content in any forseeable future - in the meantime we encourage you to play all the old content all over again - but we will give you - as a compansation for your effort and patience - Tulak Hord's, Unstable Lightsaber, Darthomir Shaman's and, let's say, a full set of white crytals - then, maybe - MAYBE - I would concider to spend hours to do it all over again.

But in that case... unsubbing.

Which I think is stupid, it's like your choices don't matter.

You choices matter to this outcome the same way your vote matters in an election.

You don't get to unilaterally decide the outcome, but you do play a role in determining what that outcome is.

Edited by DarthDymond

once you hit 50, you get an event achivement which is saved, you can delete the toon if you wish.

You choices matter to this outcome the same way your vote matters in an election.

You don't get to unilaterally decide the outcome, but you do play a role in determining what that outcome is.

Oh please, don't give me that we already know how most people play the game so it is already decided it will be darksided especially when a friend of mine plays and she chooses light side on her sith and is rake over the coals for it so it is very evident that most everyone chooses dark side.

Edited by casirabit

You need to touch those too, actually. It said you have to have done all eight class stories with a new character.

Nope

As far as story/levelling goes, you have to complete SoR and KotFE on one character, reach L65 on one imp and one pub, and reach L50 on each of the 8 classes.

You don't have to do ANY other "story" content. You can level by whatever method you prefer, except for the one character that has to do SoR (not class story) and KotFE.

Nope

You don't have to do ANY other "story" content. You can level by whatever method you prefer, except for the one character that has to do SoR (not class story) and KotFE.

You cannot use diplomacy skill for light side / dark side options.

You cannot use diplomacy skill for light side / dark side options.

You can use it to make Light V or Dark V. Diplomacy missions don't move the galactic karma meter.

And you can get karma options in repeatable content - grind Esseles/Black Talon, or a couple of the heroics.

Edited by IanArgent

Oh please, don't give me that we already know how most people play the game so it is already decided it will be darksided especially when a friend of mine plays and she chooses light side on her sith and is rake over the coals for it so it is very evident that most everyone chooses dark side.

I've been running a lot of Tatooine heroics on my characters since 4.0 in PUG groups of 4. Complete strangers to me.

One of the Heroics 'Call Down Thunder' has a LS/DS choice in the conversation at the end, to be honest I'm surprised at how many LS sith there are out there about 50/50 on TRE.

Never played WoW or EQ2, huh?

That's not helpful unless you point out some specific examples of where those games had a level based system of progression with attached achievements and rewards that you could bypass.

I've played any number of TT RPGS where a rank 4 ability requires you to have levelled through ranks 1,2 and 3 first.

Edited by Vhaegrant

That's not helpful unless you point out some specific examples of where those games had a level based system of progression with attached achievements and rewards that you could bypass.

I've played any number of TT RPGS where a rank 4 ability requires you to have levelled through ranks 1,2 and 3 first.

I think the one that bothers me the most is having to do my blasted crafting again. That costs credits to do it and is not easy to accomplish and then the blasted alliance recruitment. I just finished 3 of my 10 doing those and now I need to do those again.

The other achievements don't bother me so much, as some I don't have but those two bother me the most.

I've got 16 characters, one for each adv. class, all maxed out.

I have countless number of armors, mounts and other useless stuff all over my legacy.

I can only imagine how many of you are in similar position as myself. Did BioWare really think we would create yet another character (for which I don't have room on account anyway and don't intend to spend real $ to make some) just to play all the content... yet again? Content we all already know by heart?? For what? Another bulk of useless stuff? And a chance for all-time-favorites? Like we wouldn't know what are packs chances for premium stuff...

If BW would say - hey - we won't do any new content in any forseeable future - in the meantime we encourage you to play all the old content all over again - but we will give you - as a compansation for your effort and patience - Tulak Hord's, Unstable Lightsaber, Darthomir Shaman's and, let's say, a full set of white crytals - then, maybe - MAYBE - I would concider to spend hours to do it all over again.

But in that case... unsubbing.

Not true as a subscriber you don't have to spend any cash to unlock a slot, you could use some complimentary cc (they are planning on putting the unlocks on sale).

Not sure I understand, you're not willing to do all the existing content for the useless stuff in paragraph one. But are willing to do existing stuff for useless fluff and vanity items in paragraph two??

I think the one that bothers me the most is having to do my blasted crafting again. That costs credits to do it and is not easy to accomplish and then the blasted alliance recruitment. I just finished 3 of my 10 doing those and now I need to do those again.

The other achievements don't bother me so much, as some I don't have but those two bother me the most.

And you can meet the OPs requirement and level 10 EC boss?

DarthYunman,

They are not retroactive. They can only be earned with an event character, which is any character created on or after June 28th when the event goes live.

-eric

I understand trying to get us all to level another couple of characters, but a goal to completely re-do all 8 classes to 50 is pretty uncool (especially for those of us who have played since launch). This also ignores the demographics of the gaming community today, assuming we reasonably have time to level that many characters that far in just a few weeks.

Not allowing these rewards to be retroactive is a monumental slap in the face to the long-time players of the game and an epic charlie foxtrot in planning ahead.

Some of us don't have the available character slots or the time to start and finish 8 new characters in the next few months. And frankly, when some of us have already leveled at least 1 of each class already, it seems pretty pointless to have to level each class AGAIN.

The lack of retroactive reward is typically short-sighted on Bioware's part. Am I surprised at the lack of foresight on the devs' part? No. Just disappointed. Again. Still.

The Dark vs. Light Event goes live on June 28th! Learn more about the event and the great rewards that you can earn here.

-eric

In order to unlock the highest rewards we have to run multiple characters through, are we going to be able to get both Light vs Dark companions?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.