The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Dark vs. Light Event

EricMusco

Question. On the Dark vs. Light homepage, here, it says this:

For champion level: "Complete all Flashpoints in Solo or Tactical Mode."

However, on the Champion Level Guide page, here, it says:

"To complete the objective “Flashpoint Expert”, you must take a Dark vs. Light event character and complete the following Tactical Flashpoints."

So which counts for Champion level? Solo AND/OR tactical, or just tactical versions?

Not 100% sure if these lists are still valid http://www.swtor.com/blog/operations-and-flashpoints-fallen-empire

but some of the flashpoints listed in the champion achievement aren't listed as being available as a tactical.

Until official conformation my best guess would be solo the solo ones and do the tactical ones as a tactical.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did we get an answer to this - Eric said they will track it through the Achievements, but what happens if we've already got the achievement? Do we need to start on a fresh server, or will it still trigger the flag?

eg I've already got the Wealthy achievement on my main server. If I now get another character to having 1mil creds on the same server, will I still get flagged as having done it?

They are new achievements with a new name (Dark vs Light: [name of achievement] ), they just have the same requirements as the old ones.

Edited by Vhaegrant

For those of us who have worked hard since launch to do this already, you just slapped us in the face and told us our hard work was for nothing. what a *********** joke.

Next summers event: Full Server Wipe! Rebuild your legacy from scratch! Live the adventure... yet again...

I imagine that's the response they are hoping for. I think a lot of the vehemence is more players thinking they'd get some OP before season 2 :o

You can see most of the rewards and judge for yourself. The only thing I haven't seen is a picture of the Legendary armour reward.

As to the companion, you better hope the one you want is the one the community want ;)

Where has anyone demonstrated vehemence over this being because they didn't get a new OP? I'll assume you were being sarcastic.

Also there is nothing to suggest we won't be getting an OP before season 2 ... yet. ;)

The Dark vs. Light Event goes live on June 28th! Learn more about the event and the great rewards that you can earn here.

-eric

Okay, going to summarize just to make sure I got everything. Tell me where I screw up or got the info wrong please...

1. Is on only new characters created during the event. So if they are previously made, you need to either "reroll" or delete and replace.
  2. You will be offering a 'discount' on new character slots. I don't mind this, but could you please make it a real deal and not something stupid like 5% off?
  3. All characters must be of the same legacy. So honestly there is no point of doing this on multiple servers unless you want to restart on a second (or more) server.
  4. You only need to get to level 50. How you get to level 50 is completely up to you - can be FPs, PvP, etc.
  5. Diplomacy missions DO NOT count.
  6. Question - will the rewards be legacy bound or Bind on PU? Honestly make it legacy please because I prefer my gear on my Tier 1 team and not my 4th string Misfits.
  7. So since it is "Story" mode, you are not going to offer us the chance to literally shove my Lightsaber where the sun don't shine on Quinn for one of the best death scenes ever for 1,000 DP? This is a request please if you can make it work. That bastard needs to die. Horribly. and Painfully. Worse that death by snu snu.

Did I forget anything?

Blak

DarthYunman,

They are not retroactive. They can only be earned with an event character, which is any character created on or after June 28th when the event goes live.

-eric

Total garbage. Why would it not be retroactive? Talk about total ignorance. :mad:

Let's look at the rewards why don't we.

First the disclaimer they have: A few extra details on the packs -the armor sets come in three separate boxes, Upper Body, Lower Body, and Supplementary. Each item that you earn from a Force-Bound Dark vs. Light Pack is Bind on Pickup, so they cannot be sold. However, these items do unlock in collections similar to other pack items.

Tulak Hord’s Armor Set (Has been out forever- most will probably already have it)

Satele Shan’s Armor Set (See above)

Revan Reborn’s Armor Set (See above)

Black/Black and White/White Dye (one time use and only able to use on the one character you get it on)

MSM J-37 Jetpack (Again been out forever)

Volatile Conqueror’s Lightsaber (Maybe a good item)

Cathar Honor Sword (This was out a very long time and a lot of people have it)

Unstable Arbiter’s Lightsaber (Okay a good item)

Two new Weapon Tunings, Dark-attuned and Light-attuned (Good Item)

And more!

So looking at the list there is about 3 items that may be worth it but the rest most have or in the case of the dyes a one time use.

So Good rewards?

Not really.

Also for anyone here who REALLY wants the black/black or white/white dye or any dye this might drop you are better off making a toon, using cantina codes for the few cantina events that put them out ( still valid ), getting the dye that drops from the pack and if it's not the one you want then delete the character and do it again.

It might take you many, many attempts but it's still less grindy than this event.

Net result is the same though - a dye on a new character you can't send to other characters.

Ya i know, i made i guide on how the best way to finish all of it up looks to be right now with the information we got. I'm always cold and calculating like that. The only difficult piece will be the very last level, which is going to appeal to more of the veteran players. Also its going to increase the raid community for the possible new raids in season 2 of KotFE.

Instead of going on about that guide can you tidy it up instead? It's a bit of a mess and very hard to read. Use things like spoiler tags to separate out the stuff you are quoting that people can already read themselves and the parts that are new advice you yourself are offering.

I tried to read it but yeah ... too messy.

I get some people have max slots, i deleted 2 lv 65 characters today so i can have the space, small sacrifice but in the end the 2 final characters after the lv 50 trash i reroll for the achievement, will be mirrored class, name, spec etc. So i don't mean to offend you but i'm sure you have 2 character alts that you never use, you could delete and reroll them in the end with the exact same stuff. If you have more space possible the 600 cc unlock isn't the worst option either. I'm just saying with no offense, if i can delete 2 lv 65's and im a big alt hopper im sure you may find 1 or 2 you can reroll as well.

Point is they shouldn't have to delete the 2 characters they worked hard to get to a point they were happy with just to participate in this poorly thought out event.

Bioware should offer everyone 2 free slots in anticipation of this issue.

Net result is the same though - a dye on a new character you can't send to other characters.

Unless you use legacy gear and send the chest piece to the newbie for the dye. Legacy gear that looks like *** compared to the cartel stuff.

Okay, going to summarize just to make sure I got everything. Tell me where I screw up or got the info wrong please...

1. Is on only new characters created during the event. So if they are previously made, you need to either "reroll" or delete and replace.
  2. You will be offering a 'discount' on new character slots. I don't mind this, but could you please make it a real deal and not something stupid like 5% off?
  3. All characters must be of the same legacy. So honestly there is no point of doing this on multiple servers unless you want to restart on a second (or more) server.
  4. You only need to get to level 50. How you get to level 50 is completely up to you - can be FPs, PvP, etc.
  5. Diplomacy missions DO NOT count.
  6. Question - will the rewards be legacy bound or Bind on PU? Honestly make it legacy please because I prefer my gear on my Tier 1 team and not my 4th string Misfits.
  7. So since it is "Story" mode, you are not going to offer us the chance to literally shove my Lightsaber where the sun don't shine on Quinn for one of the best death scenes ever for 1,000 DP? This is a request please if you can make it work. That bastard needs to die. Horribly. and Painfully. Worse that death by snu snu.

Did I forget anything?

Blak

1) Yes, new characters only created on or after 28th June 2016.

2) Not sure where you heard about discounts.

3) Yes, same legacy.

4) No. Two level 65s (one Imp one Rep) for Eternal, and at least 6 level 50s for Legendary across all eight classes.

5) Yes, only conversation based ls/ds counts, and only from characters with that are eligible.

6) A mixture of legacy (Pioneer armour), sent through mail to all characters (companion, mount) and bound on pickup (crates and content)

7) No, only old preexisting content, no new stuff apart from 5 datacrons.

Edited by Vhaegrant

Idk, leveling doesn't seem that hard. Plus with the XP boosts and the gear that XP boosts you it shouldn't be that bad.

Plus you only need to get to 50 and only need one character to be lvl 65.

The guy who is trying to give his guide has a good idea with leveling your main class as your "keeper."

Regardless, it is still messed up that people who have completed all the achievements already have to do them again to get the rewards. It probably isn't BW's fault, it is probably EA's.

I wonder what Disney thinks...I doubt they care lol :rak_03:

I'm just curious though ... WHY would you want to do if you've already done it numerous times?

The rewards are cosmetic and recycled for the most part ... why would you bother doing this all over again instead of going to play another game or just doing what you normally do?

I just see no point in this event to veterans if it means they can't at the VERY LEAST do it on their existing toons.

Well you could put it in a legacy chest piece. There's some nice ones now many of the old OP rewards are out in the alliance crates and the level 9 vendor on fleet.

2 65s actually. 1 Imp and 1 Rep.

As he said, you really only need 1, if you're careful and don't care about any of the first tier rewards that can't be transferred. ( Don't do the 3 flashpoints, galactic stronghold, or EC until on your 8th character, and you won't receive Tier 2-5 rewards until you do them on number 8. )

Let's hope they don't then track the a tiers progress only after you've finished the previous tier then ... imagine that lol. Someone does the 8 classes only to find the 7 didn't count because they hadn't got the 2nd/3rd/whatever tier first.

Unless you use legacy gear and send the chest piece to the newbie for the dye. Legacy gear that looks like *** compared to the cartel stuff.

True enough and that would work via the event too for dyes.

Be interesting to see what the full contents of the packs are to get an idea of the drop rates as so far they've only listed gold/platinum items I think?

Hey Eric! Quick question...

1 ) On the off chance that I do create a new set of characters on another server (Solely for the event). Can I transfer my rewards to the server that my main toons live on? Or are they bound to that server never to be seen again after this event?

Well you could put it in a legacy chest piece. There's some nice ones now many of the old OP rewards are out in the alliance crates and the level 9 vendor on fleet.

True and as I said it's no different between a new toon using cantina odes or hoping for the drop from these LSDS packs ... I maintain it's easier to get those dyes via cantina codes.

Roll toons non stop until you get what you want, mail that toon the legacy piece you want to dye then dye it and send it back.

1 ) On the off chance that I do create a new set of characters on another server (Solely for the event). Can I transfer my rewards to the server that my main toons live on? Or are they bound to that server never to be seen again after this event?

Well being that most are bind on pickup you can't transfer them to another character let alone another server.

The rest are bind on legacy so you can only send them to characters in your legacy.

You can of course transfer the toon with the items to the server you want afterwards which would work but bind rules still apply.

I think this may help you:

Good question! The rewards are delivered in three different methods, depending on the reward:

• Titles - These are tied to the Achievement and therefore are unlocked for each character in the Legacy.
  • Dark vs. Light Packs and Pioneer Armor Set - These will be delivered via in-game mail to the character who completes the final objective in that event level.
  • End of event Cosmetic Rewards - Things like the Companion and the vehicles will come at the end of the event and will be delivered to every character on the account, similar to the monthly sub rewards.

-eric

Some of the rewards are account wide, of those that aren't (items from the crates) if you unlock the armour set, weapon or mount in the collection that is account wide (but will require cc) and some can be transferred across if you transfer the character (dyes and other inventory items) although you'd need legacy gear to make use of it.

You'd not be able to transfer the titles unless the achievement carries over with the transferred character, never transferred a character between a server so not sure how it applies.