The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Dark vs. Light Event

EricMusco

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have 18 lv 65's, i say have because i had 20, delete 2 because im doing everything for this event mirroring the 2 deleted alts (which i didn't use often anyhow). and you only need 2 open slots to do everything this event requires for everything.

False. To gain points in the Legendary tier you need to level up all 8 classes to 50.

Let's look at the rewards why don't we.

First the disclaimer they have: A few extra details on the packs -the armor sets come in three separate boxes, Upper Body, Lower Body, and Supplementary. Each item that you earn from a Force-Bound Dark vs. Light Pack is Bind on Pickup, so they cannot be sold. However, these items do unlock in collections similar to other pack items.

Tulak Hord’s Armor Set (Has been out forever- most will probably already have it)

Satele Shan’s Armor Set (See above)

Revan Reborn’s Armor Set (See above)

Black/Black and White/White Dye (one time use and only able to use on the one character you get it on)

MSM J-37 Jetpack (Again been out forever)

Volatile Conqueror’s Lightsaber (Maybe a good item)

Cathar Honor Sword (This was out a very long time and a lot of people have it)

Unstable Arbiter’s Lightsaber (Okay a good item)

Two new Weapon Tunings, Dark-attuned and Light-attuned (Good Item)

And more!

So looking at the list there is about 3 items that may be worth it but the rest most have or in the case of the dyes a one time use.

So Good rewards?

Not really.

Given the high prices for the first 3 armor sets, and i only have 1 (Revan Reborn) because i didn't appreciate the tulak hord armor set until later on, and i haven't made a female character nor am i into the sateele armor set. We may see more stuff like a classic Revan set, so i have hopes for it.

Yeah it's a fast moving thread tonight ;)

I make it 85 crates for getting Legendary unlocked.

Ya i know, i made i guide on how the best way to finish all of it up looks to be right now with the information we got. I'm always cold and calculating like that. The only difficult piece will be the very last level, which is going to appeal to more of the veteran players. Also its going to increase the raid community for the possible new raids in season 2 of KotFE.

I think people understand this just fine. The fact of the matter is, though, that some people DO NOT HAVE THE SPACE FOR NEW CHARACTERS. Get that through your thick skull.

I get some people have max slots, i deleted 2 lv 65 characters today so i can have the space, small sacrifice but in the end the 2 final characters after the lv 50 trash i reroll for the achievement, will be mirrored class, name, spec etc. So i don't mean to offend you but i'm sure you have 2 character alts that you never use, you could delete and reroll them in the end with the exact same stuff. If you have more space possible the 600 cc unlock isn't the worst option either. I'm just saying with no offense, if i can delete 2 lv 65's and im a big alt hopper im sure you may find 1 or 2 you can reroll as well.

False. To gain points in the Legendary tier you need to level up all 8 classes to 50.

Actually, true. While you do need to level up all 8 classes, they only need to reach level 50, and they do not need to exist after they reach level 50. You can delete the character and create a new one in a different class. So, you don't even need two slots available, you just need one. Level up to 50 (easy enough to do once you leave the starting planets, doing heroics and flashpoints, perhaps a smattering of warzones, as well), delete, rinse and repeat.

That's not to say many people will want to do it. I'm not even sure I want to, and I haven't been here since launch. I've only been around a little more than a year and I'm already weary at the thought of all that needs to be done for this stupidity.

You guys are on crack if you think that the vast majority of people, who've been playing this game since launch, are willing to level 8 more characters to fifty for a fancy mount.

You only need 2 open slots to do the 8 characters on, once they hit lv 50 you get the check mark for the achievement then you can delete and repeat, with the armor set which is bound to legacy gives you a 50% exp increase, going to lv 50 will be easy to do in less then 4 hours.

You guys are on crack if you think that the vast majority of people, who've been playing this game since launch, are willing to level 8 more characters to fifty for a fancy mount.

Idk, leveling doesn't seem that hard. Plus with the XP boosts and the gear that XP boosts you it shouldn't be that bad.

Plus you only need to get to 50 and only need one character to be lvl 65.

The guy who is trying to give his guide has a good idea with leveling your main class as your "keeper."

Regardless, it is still messed up that people who have completed all the achievements already have to do them again to get the rewards. It probably isn't BW's fault, it is probably EA's.

I wonder what Disney thinks...I doubt they care lol :rak_03:

Actually, true. While you do need to level up all 8 classes, they only need to reach level 50, and they do not need to exist after they reach level 50. You can delete the character and create a new one in a different class. So, you don't even need two slots available, you just need one. Level up to 50 (easy enough to do once you leave the starting planets, doing heroics and flashpoints, perhaps a smattering of warzones, as well), delete, rinse and repeat.

That's not to say many people will want to do it. I'm not even sure I want to, and I haven't been here since launch. I've only been around a little more than a year and I'm already weary at the thought of all that needs to be done for this stupidity.

Thank you ive been saying this for the last 30 pages :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

you only need 2 open slots to do everything as ive pointed out also. not 8 just 2.

I see. So they're basically wanting us to use a slot for a useless throwaway character we level to 50 7 times (because there's achievements to be had for OPs, SoR content, Ziost? and KOTFE up to Ch. 16.)

I have no words for this event, only that I might only do the easy stuff like level a toon. Lol. I have no desire to do content I've been doing for 3 years already. Hopefully they re-think some of this event. If not, that sucks. I really want those titles.

Idk, leveling doesn't seem that hard. Plus with the XP boosts and the gear that XP boosts you it shouldn't be that bad.

The guy who is trying to give his guide has a good idea with leveling your main class as your "keeper."

Regardless, it is still messed up that people who have completed all the achievements already have to do them again to get the rewards. It probably isn't BW's fault, it is probably EA's.

Ya Bioware primarily focuses on the story content, so its really EA if you want to play the blame game, and the guides just an outline to get people thinking of strategies on how to tackle the entire event.

you only need 2 open slots to do everything as ive pointed out also. not 8 just 2.

You're wrong. You only need one. Only one character really needs to exist at the end of it all.

You need two characters to be level 65, one Imp one Rep.

You only need one character to play through the SoR and full KotFE content.

Question. On the Dark vs. Light homepage, here, it says this:

For champion level: "Complete all Flashpoints in Solo or Tactical Mode."

However, on the Champion Level Guide page, here, it says:

"To complete the objective “Flashpoint Expert”, you must take a Dark vs. Light event character and complete the following Tactical Flashpoints."

So which counts for Champion level? Solo AND/OR tactical, or just tactical versions?

Edited by CloudCastle

I see. So they're basically wanting us to use a slot for a useless throwaway character we level to 50 7 times (because there's achievements to be had for OPs, SoR content, Ziost? and KOTFE up to Ch. 16.)

I have no words for this event, only that I might only do the easy stuff like level a toon. Lol. I have no desire to do content I've been doing for 3 years already. Hopefully they re-think some of this event. If not, that sucks. I really want those titles.

They only want you to level to 50 six times, you have to level to 65 twice (one Rep, one Imp).

2 65s actually. 1 Imp and 1 Rep.

As he said, you really only need 1, if you're careful and don't care about any of the first tier rewards that can't be transferred. ( Don't do the 3 flashpoints, galactic stronghold, or EC until on your 8th character, and you won't receive Tier 2-5 rewards until you do them on number 8. )

I get some people have max slots, i deleted 2 lv 65 characters today so i can have the space, small sacrifice but in the end the 2 final characters after the lv 50 trash i reroll for the achievement, will be mirrored class, name, spec etc. So i don't mean to offend you but i'm sure you have 2 character alts that you never use, you could delete and reroll them in the end with the exact same stuff. If you have more space possible the 600 cc unlock isn't the worst option either. I'm just saying with no offense, if i can delete 2 lv 65's and im a big alt hopper im sure you may find 1 or 2 you can reroll as well.

No, you don't get it. It's not only about the max slots. It's the entire premise. They're slapping everyone who's been here longer than the event itself in the face with all of this. It wouldn't be difficult for them to reward existing players who've already done this stuff with the achievements if they've already finished it all. It would require them to implement a few more "if" statements in their coding, but eh, such is the life of the programmer.

If you can delete 2 (you really only needed to delete one, though) level 65's, that's great. Now think about those who DO NOT WANT TO. And if you want to argue that they're whining about it for no good reason, you can take your argument and do something not very nice with it that I'm not willing to voice on here. Those of us who have completed any part of what they're asking of us should not have to complete it again to participate in this event and have a chance of completing it.

"To complete the objective “Flashpoint Expert”, you must take a Dark vs. Light event character and complete the following Tactical Flashpoints."

So which counts for Champion level? Solo AND/OR tactical, or just tactical versions?

Unfortunately they haven't clarified yet.

They will hopefully clarify this. The hardest thing will be finding people who want to do the HM's without ragequitting.

best bet would be to get a main to lvl 65 and legacy everything to that toon.

No, you don't get it. It's not only about the max slots. It's the entire premise. They're slapping everyone who's been here longer than the event itself in the face with all of this. It wouldn't be difficult for them to reward existing players who've already done this stuff with the achievements if they've already finished it all. It would require them to implement a few more "if" statements in their coding, but eh, such is the life of the programmer.

If you can delete 2 (you really only needed to delete one, though) level 65's, that's great. Now think about those who DO NOT WANT TO. And if you want to argue that they're whining about it for no good reason, you can take your argument and do something not very nice with it that I'm not willing to voice on here. Those of us who have completed any part of what they're asking of us should not have to complete it again to participate in this event and have a chance of completing it.

I hate it, but I can see where they're coming from too: It's to force a clean slate, and people to rerun old stuff and make LS/DS choices. It's the entire point of the event. It's also exceedingly grindy.

There's more to it than just leveling. Besides I only like titles on my mains. Looks like I don't have the motivation for this event.

Titles are rewarded across the legacy as soon as you unlock the level.

Good question! The rewards are delivered in three different methods, depending on the reward:

• Titles - These are tied to the Achievement and therefore are unlocked for each character in the Legacy.
  • Dark vs. Light Packs and Pioneer Armor Set - These will be delivered via in-game mail to the character who completes the final objective in that event level.
  • End of event Cosmetic Rewards - Things like the Companion and the vehicles will come at the end of the event and will be delivered to every character on the account, similar to the monthly sub rewards.

-eric

Did we get an answer to this - Eric said they will track it through the Achievements, but what happens if we've already got the achievement? Do we need to start on a fresh server, or will it still trigger the flag?

eg I've already got the Wealthy achievement on my main server. If I now get another character to having 1mil creds on the same server, will I still get flagged as having done it?