Super Serious Solo Queue. July 30th

Maulkat

Event: Super Serious Solo Queue

Date: July 30, 2016

Where: Harbinger

Time 3pm EST-6pm EST and later in the day 10pm-1amest

Faction: Either one

Last event held on Harbinger was in the afternoon so more EU people could join easily and several showed up, so the next event is going to happen at the end of July. On the 30th, please join us on Harbinger for a Super Serious solo queue event. The only requirement is you have to queue solo and not be grouped with anybody.

I would like to see both factions involved. More likely, I will be imp side, but depending on who queues where, may go pub.

Might be a little late to add this now, but there will be a second part to this in the evening to include the NA and APAC people. I plan to run this from 10pm-1am est.

There are more prizes involved now.

Edited by Maulkat
Need to add

I've never given out prizes for an event before, but ten of the Starfighter packs have been donated for this event. Thank you for donating these, Brian. Being the one hosting the event, I will exclude myself from any of the prizes. There will be five packs given out randomly on each faction, but I need a list of those taking part in this event.

You can either message me on the forum or send me an ingame mail on Sixofone imp and Lucklessa on pub side. I will keep a list of names and post the winners after the event. After the names have been posted, I will pass the prizes to the winners.

• 2 weeks later...
An additional 20 GSF boxes have been thrown into the prizes. So now there's 30 boxes (15 each side) and 500k as prizes. If there aren't enough people participating, then the boxes will be held until the next event. Thank you again, Brian :)

• 2 weeks later...

Making an additional event that same day to cater to the NA and APAC people. In the US evening, from say 9pmcst-12amcst. I have something I'm doing between 6pmcst and 9pmcst, so won't make the first part of the second half.

Again, if you want to be entered into the contest for the prize boxes, credits and an additional secret prize, let me know.

I believe I will be able to make it (I will certainly try). I will be on Skye-Charrin on imp side (though the most serious thing I have unlocked on her ships is a base level hyperbeacon lol). If the matches seem lop sided I may try recreating my pub flier over here as well (Zrarrath'Oniqui) and fly that side for a bit.

Thanks for putting this event on Maulkat. I look forward to seeing everyone up there.

Edited by jmonka

There are two in the same day. One in the afternoon for the EU people and one in the evening for US and APAC. The one in the evening is from 10pmest-1amest. There have been more random nongsf prizes donated by Rose.

I ended up being able to fly about 5 matches in the afternoon session. Great games and pretty good faction balance. I noticed some people were getting skipped on pops. A few of us were discussing it in the GSF channel. Maybe next super serious could feature just teams of 2? That way no one gets skipped for pops.

I had a blast during the event. Won some and lost some, most games were very fair and even. Thank you all for coming.

Did the drawing the for two big prizes tonight and grats to Siraka for winning the K-59 Strongarm GS and Jams for winning the Onslaught bomber. I'm slowly contacting the other winners of the event and passing out prizes!

I had a blast during the event. Won some and lost some, most games were very fair and even. Thank you all for coming.

Did the drawing the for two big prizes tonight and grats to Siraka for winning the K-59 Strongarm GS and Jams for winning the Onslaught bomber. I'm slowly contacting the other winners of the event and passing out prizes!

I agree, this event was very fun. I didn't realize it was an event until it was over, but really noticed the solo queuing of the normally-premade-grouped players seemed to really balance it out good. Hope there are more solo events.