Has there been a fix/workaround for the GSF sound bug yet?

HeatRacer

Ever since GSF came out, it always had a strange conflict with my computer where, during the load-in screen to a match (or the tutorial), I hear a pop through the speakers and the sound is completely disabled for the duration. Then upon rezzing back into the normal game mode, the sound usually returns. I know GSF has languished with lack of developer attention for a long time, but I wonder if anyone has ever figured out a fix/workaround for this. Like, does GSF have certain sound card requirements above the normal game? Or is there some setting that could be tweaked? Edited by HeatRacer

The only sound bug I encountered had to do wtih my USB headphones. I don't know if it helps, but I'll post this anyway.

When I plugged them in during the loading screen, there was a chance I won't hear any game related sound during that match. The chance of that happening was higher, if I minimized the game before.

If that bug occured I minimized the game after the GSF match was loaded, unplugged the USB headphones and plugged them in again, then tabbed back into the game. That usually helped.

Edited by Danalon

Wasn't this bug only a thing in Windows XP?

Hm, admittedly, I am using XP. I'm surprised that would be the culprit when the rest of the game runs fine on it. It'll be a shame if the only fix is to get a whole new OS.

Edited by HeatRacer

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it was only a Windows XP bug. That's almost certainly why it hasn't been fixed yet; even Microsoft stopped supporting XP. You can't really expect anyone else to.

Edit: And you should get a new OS. XP is beyond outdated at this point, which wouldn't be a problem but for the fact that it's terribly insecure and no longer receiving security updates.

Edited by DakhathKilrathi

It's a good time to get a new OS now. Windows 7 costs only a few bucks and if your machine is compatible, you might even be able to upgrade to Windows 10.

On the other hand, never change a running system. Give it some thought before you change your OS. Changing your OS to fix a single bug, might cause other bugs to appear.

Edited by Danalon

It's a good time to get a new OS now. Windows 7 costs only a few bucks and if your machine is compatible, you might even be able to upgrade to Windows 10.

On the other hand, never change a running system. Give it some thought before you change your OS. Changing your OS to fix a single bug, might cause other bugs to appear.

Do you have a suggested source for Windows 7 that cheap? Last I checked on Amazon a few months ago, it was almost a hundred bucks, I think. Part of the reason I'd been so hesitant to change from XP, is that 7 and later removed some odd QOL functionalities that I found infuriating. And after the debacle that was Win 8, I'm leery of Win 10.

Do you have a suggested source for Windows 7 that cheap? Last I checked on Amazon a few months ago, it was almost a hundred bucks, I think. Part of the reason I'd been so hesitant to change from XP, is that 7 and later removed some odd QOL functionalities that I found infuriating. And after the debacle that was Win 8, I'm leery of Win 10.

I bought a new Laptop in April and a WIndows 7 Professional key for around 13€ on amazon (just checked, price is on the same level currently). The key was "refurbished", so I had to activate it via phone. Windows 10 upgrade wasn't a problem.

Personally I'm ok with 7 and 10, never used 8.

Edited by Danalon