Lost in the sauce.

Kozer

Heya guys. So I just came back to the game after quitting when I hit level 60.

After a very long download time (seriously whats up with those 56kbs speeds) I finally logged in.

Saw I could make a new character at 60 to see the new story. Went with my old one anyway.

First thing I noticed was a ton of mail giving me a lot of items that I didn't know I needed.

Second was that I had no clue what I was supposed to be doing.

Anyone got any tips on what exactly I should focus my Sith juggernaut on? Or what I should do for fun?

Thanks all

Heya guys. So I just came back to the game after quitting when I hit level 60.

After a very long download time (seriously whats up with those 56kbs speeds) I finally logged in.

Saw I could make a new character at 60 to see the new story. Went with my old one anyway.

First thing I noticed was a ton of mail giving me a lot of items that I didn't know I needed.

Second was that I had no clue what I was supposed to be doing.

Anyone got any tips on what exactly I should focus my Sith juggernaut on? Or what I should do for fun?

Thanks all

Welcome back!!!

56kbs? That's on your end my friend. I've never had an issue with download speeds ever...in fact, they're faster than anything else I download...I've always been impressed with that.

And I agree with the guy above me...start a new level 1 character. Don't forget to do a planets Heroic missions after you finish a planet...that is the best way to get gear AND level up doing only class quests if you like.

Welcome back!!!

56kbs? That's on your end my friend. I've never had an issue with download speeds ever...in fact, they're faster than anything else I download...I've always been impressed with that.

And I agree with the guy above me...start a new level 1 character. Don't forget to do a planets Heroic missions after you finish a planet...that is the best way to get gear AND level up doing only class quests if you like.

Are heroics a new thing or is it something I have been missing?

Also I've no idea why the download was so slow. I usually average like 2-3mbs for downloads. But for this game I am lucky if I get 500kbs

Are heroics a new thing or is it something I have been missing?

Also I've no idea why the download was so slow. I usually average like 2-3mbs for downloads. But for this game I am lucky if I get 500kbs

Odd...may have just been a bad time for the download...it's really not them.

The Heroics themselves aren't new, they've been here since launch, just few people did them, but the way they work now is new. On Fleet, there is a Heroic Mission Terminal, find that and pick up the missions you can. By taking the missions, you get a little icon next to the mission...click that and you get transported right to (most) the heroic. They can all be done solo, but there are often other players running them as well...don't hesitate to ask them for help or to tell them you're new...most of them will understand.

The rewards from the heroics are credits, huge XP and GEAR!!! Gear is the best reward in this new system too - you used to get good gear and planetary tokens while doing any missions, but now you don't get nearly what you need, so I find it's far better to do Heroic missions, which, until level 61, give you a box that grants you 2-pieces of blue quality gear (relic, ear, implant, offhand, chest etc). It's more than enough to keep me well geared while leveling.

Odd...may have just been a bad time for the download...it's really not them.

The Heroics themselves aren't new, they've been here since launch, just few people did them, but the way they work now is new. On Fleet, there is a Heroic Mission Terminal, find that and pick up the missions you can. By taking the missions, you get a little icon next to the mission...click that and you get transported right to (most) the heroic. They can all be done solo, but there are often other players running them as well...don't hesitate to ask them for help or to tell them you're new...most of them will understand.

The rewards from the heroics are credits, huge XP and GEAR!!! Gear is the best reward in this new system too - you used to get good gear and planetary tokens while doing any missions, but now you don't get nearly what you need, so I find it's far better to do Heroic missions, which, until level 61, give you a box that grants you 2-pieces of blue quality gear (relic, ear, implant, offhand, chest etc). It's more than enough to keep me well geared while leveling.

Thanks for all the info. I think I have a decent gear build right now. I believe I am wearing the Reaver set and I think I have all 186 item level gear mods. Or whatever the level was for the last expansion.

I also did 1 random dungeon and hit level 61 so I got that now. Haha.

Thanks for all the info. I think I have a decent gear build right now. I believe I am wearing the Reaver set and I think I have all 186 item level gear mods. Or whatever the level was for the last expansion.

I also did 1 random dungeon and hit level 61 so I got that now. Haha.

Gear is a joke. Unless you do operations and heroics regularly you don't really need to gear up for anything because the story will provide you with enough to progress. I recently finished all the story content up to KotFE in level 32 gear and KotFE gives you the gear you need rather quickly. My level 32 (item rating 98) gear was still enough to get me through the first couple of chapters mixing in the gear rewards as I went along.

Also, you'll have easily gotten the hang of your class abilities again by the end of the first or second chapter.

And I am a horrible player. Like, really horrible.

Edited by Drachehexe

Slow downloading speed is probably a bitraider problem.

Nah. I'm on the old non-bitraider system and highest I get is around 178Kb/s download on DSL.

Funny thing is when I switch to my satellite connection it soars to 1Gb +.

"Why you always lyin? Why you always lyin?"

In level 32 gear going against level 65 mobs it will take you forever to slowly beat down each mob. It isn't a matter of skill you just wont do much damage.

Champion mobs were a bit tough, some elites too. And I remember now that my weapon was allways up to date level wise so it wasn't completely level 32 gear. Anyway, my main point is that if he has anywhere close to level 60 gear he won't have any problem burning through the KotFE content.