The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Sith Sorcerers In PVP

Narat

Its funny that people complain about force lightning when Lightning specced Sorcs do way more damage and burst. My level 50 sorc in full purps can do a 1.7 second cast Thundering blast for 4k followed by an instant chain lightning that also hits for 4k.

Force lightning and madness in general is pretty lame, I imagine it's frustrating for people not playing sorcs, but lightning sorcs demolish madness ones if played right. Lightning just takes a lot more skill, you actually have to kite and stuff.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if most people rolled it then there is a reason. the reason being they are easy and OP'd with current build. I have no issues killing a sorcerer one on one. but when you have 6 of them something is out of balance. That is the issue that Bio Ware must address.

No, people rolled them because they wanted to be OMG LIGHTNING, something, something Darkside, Palpatine!!

Currently I'm playing a Sorcerer due to the fact that Madness is kinda similar to the Affliction spec for warlocks in world of warcraft. I've played a warlock since release of warcraft and I like the multitasking aspect of dotting and crowd controlling dangerous targets, so it was a natural choice for me, since it fits my play style. But, as with a warlock, we can easily be taken down by counter CC'ing and interrupting our main spells for dishing our damage. But I do agree with you that they can be OP on the lower levels because of their spell pool early on. At lvl 13-14 you will as a sorcerer have a knock back, a stun and a very viable slow (Overload, Electrocute and force lightning). where as my friend (who plays a marauder) had only a simple charge ability. In 1v1 duels I found CC'ing him very easy due to the slow and knock back, (I didn't even need to use my electrocute in most cases.) But as we leveled up together I found it harder and harder to duel him since he could easily interrupt any viable spells with force choke or a simple interrupt ability. this is where skill and positioning comes in. Due to the very nature of the PvP in The Old Republic (With people of all lvls in the same War zone) its kinda hard to balance the game and say who's op and who's not, since some classes might get their most viable spells early and some late. When people start reaching max lvl and Bioware ads an Arena or war zone only for lvl 50s we might see the differences throughout the 8 classes. So please wait for that moment to call classes or people overpowered and under powered. (Bioware also has claimed to balance the game in PvE instead of PvP so take account for that as well).

No, people rolled them because they wanted to be OMG LIGHTNING, something, something Darkside, Palpatine!!

I'm not going to lie, this is what I was thinking when I selected the icon on character selection. Chose assassin instead because healing seems mediocre.

I think they're pretty annoying when left alone, but if they are that's the error of the person being attacked. If I see one of them at range spamming telekinetic throw, I either nullify what they're doing with stun/interrupt or get on them right away.

I'm really annoyed when I see two sages spamming Telekinetic Throw, but that's just getting 2v1'd.

To be honest it is far too early to determine what is and isn't overpowered.

Also lack of a combat log makes it difficult to evidence which is kicking out best dps/burst etc.

Wait will we have a lot more in the 50 bracket and some decent bigger scale premade versus premade situations, should find out then what is overpowered or not.

In reality only endgame needs balance for PvP.

Simply this. Make the Sage/Sorc bubble a cool down, and upon exp...make the next hit on them an auto crit. No class should absorb all damage at all times.

Make Interrupts cause a GCD on that ability.

Make Stun Break CD less.

Overall PvP...make 1 stun the max, then a 1 minute CD/Block on being stun/rooted again.

The OP complains about SIs/Sages, when the true kings of warzones are troopers/BHs of all sub-classes.

On my server, there´s a republican PvP-Guild. They just have sages and troopers (most of the troopers are healers, just two tanks). Without their healers, the Tanks are a force to be reckoned with: Highest damage in Warzones, high defense-numbers, very few deaths for a pure melee class. But as soon as one or more of the healers join in, this trooper-tanks turn into immortal juggernauts.

Edited by PalapaDalapa

sorcs and there absorb bubble makes them harder to kill than a tank and routinely do 250-300k a match.

survivability for a cloth wearing turd is way to high.

nerf

I've seen other classes do this routinely too and those are not clothwearing turds, so what gives? And not to rain down on your parade but that bubble is often one-shotted off.

I've seen great players on every class. Nerf everything then? Please.

I've seen other classes do this routinely too and those are not clothwearing turds, so what gives? And not to rain down on your parade but that bubble is often one-shotted off.

I've seen great players on every class. Nerf everything then? Please.

While I agree with the cynisim of the Nerf Everything... Sage/Sorce has the ability to throw up the bubble almost w/o impunity. It should be an "Ah **** Button" Like every other class has. Long CD.

While I agree with the cynisim of the Nerf Everything... Sage/Sorce has the ability to throw up the bubble almost w/o impunity. It should be an "Ah **** Button" Like every other class has. Long CD.

You can't use it on yourself for 20 seconds after casting it though. It buys you an extra second or two.

20 seconds < 2 Minutes. IMHO.

Sorry, just bitter lol. My ultra-crit/surge shadow can't 1v1 and bubbled Sorcerer most of the time.

It's often a case of who you face though, i've destroyed people 1v1 but i've also had 1v1's where I'm just brushed aside.

Edited by Phinub

I think their damage is ok and only feels OP because of the ranged the problem i have with them is

1) bubble

2) sprints

3) heals

4) lots of cc

Their damage is on par but with all the rest of these it does make them OP.

This is coming from a Sith Jugg

Playing as a commando and also a sage i can only say i somewhat agree with OP, as we fill somewhat of the same functions. Both are RDpS, and can heal. The difference is however

- Commandos get one stun, the sage got 3.

- Commandos got one point blank snare for 4 seconds every 30 sec. Sages got waaay more.

- As commandos have no way to get out of a fight, the sage got force run to swoop around the corner to heal up.

- As troopers have one shield reducing damage by 25% every 2 min, the sage got a shield reducing damage by 100% every 20 sec.

- Sages got Dots, making them able to hitn run and keep stealthed players visible, commandos dont.

- Troopers wear heavy armor, sages light. The breakdown however is only 5% difference or so in damage taken due to sage evasion.

- The healing i cant complain too much on. As sage is way better pre 40, Ive seen level 50 medics do almost as good in healing as level 50 sages.

- Besides that damage is pretty much on par. Both classes can dish out much damage if left unchecked. However, commandos have few ways to finish off a running target as they have no consistent root/snare/CC, as a sage have all the tricks in the book.

All in all, I cant say I find these comparable ranged DpS/Healing classes balanced as of how many tricks and abilities they can pull up from their bag. There is currently a large disparity between two classes that should be comparable.

Edited by Niconogood

imo the reason SI feel op is due to all the non damage breaking cc in this game. if i have my cc break up SI do not feel so op. However when my break is down and i get stunned sit there taking a full channel, and then get knockback rooted and take another full channel... well thats basically a free kill. in most pvp the nukers dont get a 4 second stun that lets them free cast on you.

Dunno if it's just me, but i'm a level 44 sith assassin, and i seem to be getting less powerful compared to other players, especially Scoundrels (kills me in about 5 seconds) and Vanguard (impossible to kill due to huge damage absorption),