Resolve needs to be fixed.

ArcAngelSeth

Im quitting pvp till BW fixes the resolve system, and i encourage other players to do so as well. resolve is so broken right now it might as well not even be in the game. I get the concept and its cool and all, but it needs to be fixed.

Resolve works as intended, save for a few bugs but those are just on certain abilities.

Also, forgive me if I'm wrong, but isn't Electronet only supposed to do damage if you're whitebarred, and not apply the hindered effect? Had a huttball where I was repeatedly getting netted either while whitebarred or had net on me when I was whitebarred, and then I'd CC break, but I still couldn't roll or use holotraverse.

Resolve is broken in the sense that a full bar does not fully prevent movement impairment.

A full bar should prevent any form of movement impairment including not only hard stuns but mezzes, slows, etc... Currently, it does not work in this manner.

Resolve works as intended, save for a few bugs but those are just on certain abilities.

Also, forgive me if I'm wrong, but isn't Electronet only supposed to do damage if you're whitebarred, and not apply the hindered effect? Had a huttball where I was repeatedly getting netted either while whitebarred or had net on me when I was whitebarred, and then I'd CC break, but I still couldn't roll or use holotraverse.

I think it's working as intended. Since electronet doesn't generate resolve or immobilize, it should still work through whitebar.

Resolve is broken in the sense that a full bar does not fully prevent movement impairment.

A full bar should prevent any form of movement impairment including not only hard stuns but mezzes, slows, etc... Currently, it does not work in this manner.

Whitebar does prevent mezzes. It turns stuns/roots into slows, but what's wrong with that?

Hindering effect is applied regardless of resolve bar. Only way to avoid it is to resist the net altogether.

Hindering effect is applied regardless of resolve bar. Only way to avoid it is to resist the net altogether.

Ah, good to know. I've usually just waited until someone else stuns me to whitebar me while I'm netted to CC break, don't often run into the situation where there's 3 mercs on the enemy team who all net you back-to-back.

Im quitting pvp till BW fixes the resolve system, and i encourage other players to do so as well. resolve is so broken right now it might as well not even be in the game. I get the concept and its cool and all, but it needs to be fixed.

let's say ppl do as you suggest and stop PVPing. do you think that would bother BW at all? they'd thank you. they wouldn't even need to pretend that they're concerned about PVP at that point.

resolve is fine in arenas. it needs minor tweaks in WZs. (such as activating and dwindling away in spawn and out of combat). as it stands now, resolve makes it so that you can only be stunned/sapped once. the second one will usually fill resolve and can be broken. a couple CC abilities don't fill enough resolve for this to be the case. that's another minor tweak issue.

Reslove is broken!

Been knockbacked 4-5 times in a row from sage/sorcs and without having full resolve.

Knockback should give 700 points of resolve. That means 2 knockbacks should give full bar.

Edited by reppaz

Reslove is broken!

Been knockbacked 4-5 times in a row from sage/sorcs and without having full resolve.

Knockback should give 700 points of resolve. That means 2 knockbacks should give full bar.

Resolve functions as intended. But yeah, Overload really needs to give more resolve. 5s root on a knockback with a low CD and gives low resolve..

Resolve is working as intended. Guess what? It still sucks. Being knocked back and rooted should fill resolve completely. Additionally, it should take at least double the time to drain. Playing in WZs is terrible compared to other games. There's a reason why everyone else is playing other games...

The fact that you can have some form of movement impairment indefinitely? I would think thats obvious

Slows are really not that much of a problem, especially with this mobility thing we have going right now. You can still use all your gap closers and mobility movements when whitebarred. Would you suggest that every slow add to resolve? That seems excessive to me, and it would make the life of sorcs and mercs a whole lot harder.

Slows are really not that much of a problem, especially with this mobility thing we have going right now. You can still use all your gap closers and mobility movements when whitebarred. Would you suggest that every slow add to resolve? That seems excessive to me, and it would make the life of sorcs and mercs a whole lot harder.

And sniper. 2 of 3 specs have constant damage effects that also slow they need to have up at all times. One even is applied via AOE.

Perhaps they are not an issue to you, but as a class that must kite to live, yeah, its an issue to me.

To me white bar should give 100% immunity to all forms of stun, slow, or anything related to imparing my movement at full speed, that would make the game far better and far less stun wars

Edited by Floplag

On my healer Ops I have to kite as well... I'm not impressed that resolve isn't ever intended to help me stay out of reach. On the other hand I was pretty ignorant about this and I assumed white bar would prevent slow going on. It means I can be more generous using my slow on someone trying to run me down.

Juggs must be laughing about this given they're all probably running around with Pooled Hatred saying yeah... slow me, I dare you.

Edited by Rantank

Juggs must be laughing about this given they're all probably running around with Pooled Hatred saying yeah... slow me, I dare you.

doesn't matter. every AC in the game applies snares or roots actively or passively in every conceivable "rotation." point is, I laughed like that the second I looked at the masterful skills set.

Perhaps they are not an issue to you, but as a class that must kite to live, yeah, its an issue to me.

To me white bar should give 100% immunity to all forms of stun, slow, or anything related to imparing my movement at full speed, that would make the game far better and far less stun wars

My main pvp toon is a serenity shadow... I need to kite just almost as much as any ranged class. My point was that making slows affect resolve would hurt classes that kite. Imagine as a merc, every time you use blazing bolts your opponent's resolve starts filling. Or as a sorc, every time you use force lightning... This would give you the exact opposite of kiting, because when you'll need your slow, you won't be able to use it.

Sure, it seems nice that you should be able to run away without worrying about slows, but frankly melee suffer from them more than ranged.

last i check you have to USE your CC breaker when you white barred, being white barred alone isnt supposed to stop anything

Sorry, i was a little tired when I posted this. But I played about 9 matches last night and had operatives chain mezzing me, and using sleep dart on me while My resolve was full. Their is also the issue of my resolve bar emptying while I'm stunned.

Iv also noticed that certain stuns generate WAY more resolve then others. Electrocute almost fills the resolve bar while carbonite only builds like 1/4 of the bar. So PTs can sit their and chain lock a team in carbonite freezes, but if a sorc stuns then overloads, the bar is full? This just doesn't make sense to me. There is also the issue of resolve emptying before it fills, so stealth classes can reaply mezzes freely simply waiting for it to start emptying then locking you again. I like the resolve system, it just need to be fixed cause Im sick of being stunned while white barred.