Free Warzones/ Operations !

ninjaworrior

So while there may be more people in the WZs (I can agree with your point there), BW as a company doesn't care how many people actively play the game. They care about how much money it brings in. So if there is 10x as many people in WZs, but 20% fewer subscribers, this would be a bad idea from BWs perspective.

/thread

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is always going to be people against what the OP had suggested. Anything that has to do with free to play/preferred players has always been met with this type of resistance.

I am with the OP. Warzones should be free to all players.

Warzones were already supposed to be made unlimited for all players. The Devs even stated that, but have since forgotten to implement that. Maybe because of the work around, I'm not sure.

I honestly think its because after the blog post about them removing people kept whining about it so they gave in to the community and not implement it.

Honestly, I think they should get rid of the passes and introduce sub tokens like WOW does. Even WOW allows you to play PVP for free even though you can only level to level 20 for free.

Yes thank you guys for agreeing with me ! glad to know im not alone on this, but even if they May or may not Change the warzones and Ops, I'd rather try than to sit down and do nothing for a game which i Really like and yes i squeezed in what i can/when i can for subscription so that i could get to level 65 to play with my friends and do ops/warzones with them.

i Reside in the caribbean a country called St Lucia 1USD = 2.67 + taxes and bank charge fee on purchases.

So basically the price is still $15 a month and your criminal government tacks on the rest robbing their own citizens. I don't think you will find much sympathy for that part. You choose to remain living there, own your decision.

As far as how much a F2P has access too, they get way too much already. We see posts and chat loaded with moans and groans on about a weekly basis of "woe is me, I can't, won't, don’t want to pay to play the way I want too so give me what you pay for but I want it for free!"

Simple, if you cannot or will not continue pay for the subscription, enjoy what the F2P model offers as it is or move on to a game you can play totally free. Don't like the F2P restrictions? Suck it up and keep paying the sub.

This reminds me of people that move next to an airport for the cheap real estate then demand it be closed due to the excessive noise from it.

Yes thank you guys for agreeing with me ! glad to know im not alone on this, but even if they May or may not Change the warzones and Ops, I'd rather try than to sit down and do nothing for a game which i Really like and yes i squeezed in what i can/when i can for subscription so that i could get to level 65 to play with my friends and do ops/warzones with them.

You actually already can play unlimited WZs. If you group up with a sub he can put you on GF and it doesn't matter if you're f2p or sub.

Over on Age of Wushu, monthly subscriptions didnt cost nearly as much, and was worth the Payment, Many Players still payed for sub, and Sub didn't but was still able to enjoy the game , If I didn't Like this game then I wouldnt be here typing this now wouldn't I.

Just googled this game - it's a complete P2W. They even sell SKILLS in the cash shop. So there is no point arguing that it's free, when to stay competitive you have to dump a lot more money than the 15$ you pay here.

You actually already can play unlimited WZs. If you group up with a sub he can put you on GF and it doesn't matter if you're f2p or sub.

when your Stuck as a F2p level 50 and your friends who pvp are lvl 65 you tell me how that works ^.^

Just googled this game - it's a complete P2W. They even sell SKILLS in the cash shop. So there is no point arguing that it's free, when to stay competitive you have to dump a lot more money than the 15$ you pay here.

you pay for Additional skill sets yes, but there A variety of FREE skillsets you get that actually can overpower those people pay for ( no joke no lie if seen this happen), you join 1 school you get 4 Skillssets for FREE, plus with this upcoming expansion theres gonna be a new FREE skillset you will get so 5 sets for joining 1 school + you can Train away while REMAINING in that school and Join a faction which gives you 2 More FREE skillsets Only Benifit sub has on those is Lets say you get Crystals from Dailys/weeklys well for Sub there Unbound from the Weeklys/ if your not subbed there Bound, and yeah its a bit P2Win , but Swtor you cant win if u Don't Pay either.

So basically the price is still $15 a month and your criminal government tacks on the rest robbing their own citizens. I don't think you will find much sympathy for that part. You choose to remain living there, own your decision.

As far as how much a F2P has access too, they get way too much already. We see posts and chat loaded with moans and groans on about a weekly basis of "woe is me, I can't, won't, don’t want to pay to play the way I want too so give me what you pay for but I want it for free!"

Simple, if you cannot or will not continue pay for the subscription, enjoy what the F2P model offers as it is or move on to a game you can play totally free. Don't like the F2P restrictions? Suck it up and keep paying the sub.

This reminds me of people that move next to an airport for the cheap real estate then demand it be closed due to the excessive noise from it.

The price is not 15$ a month when i bought Sub it came up to 50$ even without my governments Fee sub is still 40$ and who knows how many others out here have a different currency or who has to pay more than i do just for 1 month sub of a Video game,

Ive said this before and ill say it again, the f2p access we current have doesnt really give squat in a "F2p" game,

You cant just tell The community to Move onto another Free game, What if they really love Star wars the old Republic ? i'd say just as much as you but from the negative input you have to offer it seems you don't care about others only yourself so why you bother to even write on this post ? if you couldnt afford to drive your Chevy Car Because of w/e reason would you just quit and downgrade, or would you look for another way to be able to enjoy your Chevy Car.

You cant just tell The community to Move onto another Free game, What if they really love Star wars the old Republic ? i'd say just as much as you but from the negative input you have to offer it seems you don't care about others only yourself so why you bother to even write on this post ? if you couldnt afford to drive your Chevy Car Because of w/e reason would you just quit and downgrade, or would you look for another way to be able to enjoy your Chevy Car.

No one's telling "the community" to move onto another free game; they're telling *moochers* who want free stuff without paying to move onto another free game. How much you "love Star Wars" is completely irrelevant; if you loved it so much, you'd find a way to pay to support it. You can accuse others of caring only about themselves, but the EXACT same description applies to you too.

And your analogy is also flawed; driving a car is a privilege, not a right, just like playing this game. A more apt analogy for what you're doing is, no longer being able to afford the LEASE on a Chevy and then asking the company to just give you the car and pay for your gas and insurance too!

Edited by HeatRacer

I've been to St. Lucia (albeit nearly 20 years ago). It's a beautiful place to visit ... very pleasant and not overtly "touristy" back then. Apparently, not so great a place to live if you play MMOs. But I always assumed that Life functions the same there as everywhere else. One must prioritize the expenditure of one's resources ... time, money, assets, contacts, {employable children}, etc. Taking the OP at his word, his SWTOR subscription costs $50 each month. That is certainly a price-point likely to give many players pause. Personally, I'd like to own an island. Maybe not as large as St. Lucia, but in that range. Only, the thing is, I hear islands are really expensive ... i.e., the price-point of an island would give me pause.

The way Life works where I live, I have two options: (1) I can invest resources of time, assets, and contacts ({I have no employable children}) to earn enough money to then afford the island or (b) I learn to exist without an island to call my own. Life in St. Lucia seems to offer an option (iii): Get someone to give me my island for free.

From the more recent posts in this thread, having been shown that F2P is not an impediment to unlimited WZs for anyone with subscribed friends, it appears the OP now wants unlimited levels so he can keep up with his friends without contributing to the game. His argument is premised on the age-old myth that F2Pers will all see the error of their ways and leap to subscribe ... but only if SWTOR gives them no reason to subscribe.

If SWTOR gave away all the milk for free, why would anyone buy the cow?

Well, what most of you fail to realize is that this is a Suggestion box, those of you who disagree that Warzones/ ops shouldnt be Free for f2p players why even bother to come with negative inputs on a Positive Thing, Someone tries to do good, but some of you only see the negative of this if you care so much for these to not be implemented you might as well go carry Biowares Bags for them if you know what i mean, What do you have to lose if these are implement ? Don't say the game will Close down because of this Iits most likely to bring more players to the game, rather than them leaving, for all those who Disagree then Thats your bold opinions No matter what you say or do, it won't change the fact that Warzones / Operations should be Free to Free to Play Players, if your mad well then suck it up okay, I did not write this suggestion for Undermined Insults, unnecessary Comments/ remarks, I wrote this Suggestions because I strongly believe A Huge part of this game Such as a PVP Arena or and Operation which is like your regular Dungeon, Or Players levels Should be FREE for Free to Play Players , there are million other ways to bring in Income to the game, Putting these things free shouldn't be a problem to bioware im sure if i were to create a Poll to see how many Agree with me the number would be greater than whos tho would Disagree so for all of you couldnt care less if This suggestion should be implemented or not your welcome to ignore my Post and do w/e it is you do.

I've been to St. Lucia (albeit nearly 20 years ago). It's a beautiful place to visit ... very pleasant and not overtly "touristy" back then. Apparently, not so great a place to live if you play MMOs. But I always assumed that Life functions the same there as everywhere else. One must prioritize the expenditure of one's resources ... time, money, assets, contacts, {employable children}, etc. Taking the OP at his word, his SWTOR subscription costs $50 each month. That is certainly a price-point likely to give many players pause. Personally, I'd like to own an island. Maybe not as large as St. Lucia, but in that range. Only, the thing is, I hear islands are really expensive ... i.e., the price-point of an island would give me pause.

The way Life works where I live, I have two options: (1) I can invest resources of time, assets, and contacts ({I have no employable children}) to earn enough money to then afford the island or (b) I learn to exist without an island to call my own. Life in St. Lucia seems to offer an option (iii): Get someone to give me my island for free.

From the more recent posts in this thread, having been shown that F2P is not an impediment to unlimited WZs for anyone with subscribed friends, it appears the OP now wants unlimited levels so he can keep up with his friends without contributing to the game. His argument is premised on the age-old myth that F2Pers will all see the error of their ways and leap to subscribe ... but only if SWTOR gives them no reason to subscribe.

If SWTOR gave away all the milk for free, why would anyone buy the cow?

Because a Cow has many other Uses than Supplying Milk. :)

Don't say the game will Close down because of this Iits most likely to bring more players to the game, rather than them leaving, for all those who Disagree then Thats your bold opinions No matter what you say or do, it won't change the fact that Warzones / Operations should be Free to Free to Play Players
I see how it works now. Our positions are simply our opinions. Your position is "fact". You've offered no empirical data to even suggest that your idea would improve SWTOR. It would surely improve your personal enjoyment of SWTOR since it would let you play as you like without contributing to the game.

And you keep claiming that giving away greater access to F2Pers will "bring more players to the game." So what? Assuming you're right and more players play SWTOR for free, they'll have no reason to subscribe. Even worse, current subscribers would have reason to cancel their subscriptions. How does losing revenue help SWTOR?

Just because an idea gets posted in the Suggestion forum doesn't make that idea a good one.

Because a Cow has many other Uses than Supplying Milk. :)

I'm going to assume you mean that there are benefits to subscribing other than access to WZs and OPs: "Give away free access to WZs and OPs and players will still pay their $15 for those other benefits." Maybe. But only until someone like you shows up demanding that they get what they want for free.

You're advocating giving current subscribers a reason to cancel their subscriptions. Nothing more.

Edited by Thoronmir

You say that subs cost $20 USD. You're wrong. It's $15 USD. It always has been. It's cheaper than a bottle of soda on a per day basis to play.

In XCD (East Carribean Dollars) it's $40.50 XCD. It's still the same price. If the market fluctuates then the price may vary slightly. According to my search, the price hasn't fluctuated in the past 4 years.

Here's some more examples for you (all based on the current exchange rates at $15 USD):

Japan - 1599.45 JPY.

Germany - 25.76 DEM.

Australia - 20.37 AUD.

The reason there's a difference is because the above listed currencies, along with your XCD, have less value than the USD. It's economic balance.

Here's a suggestion: Do your homework before trying to tell a company how to run their business on an international scale.

Edited by PorsaLindahl

I'm going to assume you mean that there are benefits to subscribing other than access to WZs and OPs: "Give away free access to WZs and OPs and players will still pay their $15 for those other benefits." Maybe. But only until someone like you shows up demanding that they get what they want for free.

You're advocating giving current subscribers a reason to cancel their subscriptions. Nothing more.

^^This. Forum vicious throw. /thread

I can kinda see both sides of this argument. It would be nice if there were more players for both Ops and Warzones as it would make Wz pops probably more frequent, and finding people for ops quicker and easier. Which as a subscriber would improve my personal enjoyment of the game...but how to do it without people freeloading is the tricky part.

I think offering former subs(Level 65 only) one Ops per week seems reasonable, without BW having to give up the store (so to speak). Maybe with some sort of loot restriction. They could also sell a daily ops pass for a lower CC amount, maybe only allowing one daily pass per week to be used.

Concerning warzones, they already seem to accommodate f2pers by giving them a weekly allotment and allowing them que with subs, so even though I'd like to see more pvpers for more frequent pops...I think BW has this policy about right where it should be, so I wouldn't change it.

I might be wrong, but I don't think St Lucia is really a poor country. The Op does bring up a good point as the cost for playing this game in some countries is economically prohibitive. Thus it is somewhat discriminatory albeit unintentional.

The solution here is to offer a lower price subscription to a certain subset of countries. Not wholly perfect but certainly better. You can make it available only in those countries by requiring a verified billing address from that country and restricting access by ip address to that country, so as to prevent first world cheapskates from exploiting it. Seems like they should pay less anyway since they probably have to put up with a higher degree of latency in their connection.

You say that subs cost $20 USD. You're wrong. It's $15 USD. It always has been. It's cheaper than a bottle of soda on a per day basis to play.

In XCD (East Carribean Dollars) it's $40.50 XCD. It's still the same price. If the market fluctuates then the price may vary slightly. According to my search, the price hasn't fluctuated in the past 4 years.

Here's some more examples for you (all based on the current exchange rates at $15 USD):

Japan - 1599.45 JPY.

Germany - 25.76 DEM.

Australia - 20.37 AUD.

The reason there's a difference is because the above listed currencies, along with your XCD, have less value than the USD. It's economic balance.

Here's a suggestion: Do your homework before trying to tell a company how to run their business on an international scale.

It was a Simple Mistake Mr/Ms Perfect and in the end i still have to pay 50$ so i dont see what this has to do with anything really, So you opened this Post just Read peoples errors ? Interesting.

It was a Simple Mistake Mr/Ms Perfect and in the end i still have to pay 50$ so i dont see what this has to do with anything really, So you opened this Post just Read peoples errors ? Interesting.

It has to do with the following:

2. Reduce the Cost of Subscription and remove it as recurring, for most games There Subcription is usually 10USD dollars, but you guys charge 20$USD for subscription, Not Every Single Player out there Lives in the US and share the same currency as the US, Sub cost almost 3x as much for me of what you guys charge i really like this guy I urge to please stop Taking advantage of your players, and one last thing i don't get why wouldnt just give us all the Knights of the fallen empire Chapters for free if we alrd subbed once ? why not just give us the entire expansion for free, Thats a Total Rip off! >.< :mad:

And you completely missed the point of my post.

The point is you are paying the same as everyone else, whether those other players are from Japan, Germany, the USA, etc. Maybe you do pay $50 in your local currency (sub cost plus any other added local taxes/fees - which is probably what's making it $50 in your currency). It's still $15 USD, no matter how you slice it.

To make it so you pay $15 XCD, they'd have to lower the sub cost to $5.56 USD for you. If they lowered the cost in Japan to 15 Yen, they'd have to lower the sub cost to $0.14 USD - 14 cents!! How long do you think they'd stay in business if they did that?

Edited by PorsaLindahl

It has to do with the following:

And you completely missed the point of my post.

The point is you are paying the same as everyone else, whether those other players are from Japan, Germany, the USA, etc. Maybe you do pay $50 in your local currency (sub cost plus any other added local taxes/fees - which is probably what's making it $50 in your currency). It's still $15 USD, no matter how you slice it.

To make it so you pay $15 XCD, they'd have to lower the sub cost to $5.56 USD for you. If they lowered the cost in Japan to 15 Yen, they'd have to lower the sub cost to $0.14 USD - 14 cents!! How long do you think they'd stay in business if they did that?

But your missing the Big Picture here, im not asking them to Lower there subscription cost to 14 cents, im asking for what many others also want, to enjoy this Game even more,

The price is not 15$ a month when i bought Sub it came up to 50$ even without my governments Fee sub is still 40$ and who knows how many others out here have a different currency or who has to pay more than i do just for 1 month sub of a Video game,

Ive said this before and ill say it again, the f2p access we current have doesnt really give squat in a "F2p" game,

I wouldn't be demanding that Chevy give me all the FREE gas I could use, or drive me everywhere for FREE.

I'd either pay to have my Chevy fixed or I would find alternate means of transportation.

But your missing the Big Picture here, im not asking them to Lower there subscription cost to 14 cents, im asking for what many others also want, to enjoy this Game even more,

Sure, by making the parts of the game you enjoy FREE so that you don't have to pay a single cent to play the parts of the game that you want to enjoy.

If you want to enjoy the bells and whistles this game has to offer, and that INCLUDES unlimited WZ's and OPS, then you need to SUBSCRIBE and not demand that BW make it possible for you to have all the bells and whistels for FREE.

It seems that you only want to FREELOAD, MOOCH and SPONGE off the subscribers that actually SUPPORT this game financially.

You're the one missing the Big Picture with your narrow viewpoint. Like I stated: No matter how you slice it, you're still paying $15 USD for the game. It's not EA / BW's fault, or problem, that your local currency has less value than the USD, or that you may be paying extra fees / taxes to make it cost slightly more than the base currency conversion rate.

And l completely agree with Rat. If you, or others, want to enjoy all the perks that subs have, then you need to step up and pay for those perks just like everyone else that subscribes.