constently failing to beat a boss

Shineside

im trying to fight the emperor to go on in the story but he is WAY TO POWERFUL he one shots me every time how can i counter that when even my level 65 character who could take on the top bosses and shrug it off cant eat that kind of damage i have faced him 43 times and he keeps killing me its getting to the point i want to quit because im tired of getting him below 25% hp then he one shots me why is he to powerful im not even under leveled

Please tell me this is a troll!!

Unfortunately the concept of forming a question is not something many folks understand any more.

May want to try google'ing for the name of the mission to see if someone has put together some sort of guide for the mission. Every mission in the game has at the very least been indexed somewhere on the net if not discussed at some length.

Use your interrupts to...well, interrupt that one-shot skill he has.

That, and check your gear. It might be completely broken.

i only have one ay my current level is there a way i can buy moves or something

im trying to fight the emperor to go on in the story but he is WAY TO POWERFUL he one shots me every time how can i counter that when even my level 65 character who could take on the top bosses and shrug it off cant eat that kind of damage i have faced him 43 times and he keeps killing me its getting to the point i want to quit because im tired of getting him below 25% hp then he one shots me why is he to powerful im not even under leveled

What's the item level of your gear? Skills are purchased from the class trainer on fleets if you can't summon them on the field. Note they only give you new skills, upgrades to existing skills are automatic now.

Use Interrupts, upgrade your gear and if you haven't purchased any upgrades on your character, see your trainer. There are no costs involved in skill upgrades now.

There should be no trouble with him now. I was level 60 on my sentinel and had no problem with him.

Isn't the fight scripted to auto-complete when his health goes below 75%/50%?

No; the only fights that I'm aware of that auto-complete like that are all in Fallen Empire. This is from the original class stories (the Jedi Knight's story, to be specific).

No; the only fights that I'm aware of that auto-complete like that are all in Fallen Empire. This is from the original class stories (the Jedi Knight's story, to be specific).

It still auto completes when you beat him down. It may be 20% - been a while since I did it.

As far as the fight goes, though, it's insanely easy now. He's like level 17. Prior to 4.0 he was 50.

Make sure your skills and armor are up to date. If they are, then it's basically a problem between PC and Chair.

It was that voice or breath of the Emperor thing that was the major difficulty because it would hit for about 40k hp's, but his cast would take about 30 seconds so it was easy to interrupt.

Iirc my difficult part of the fight was that he cast a bunch of copies of himself, and you had to basically ignore them and beat down the Emperor, if you decided to go after the replicons you'd lose every time.

He was speaking about a generic "Emperor". Thought it was Valkorion, but in the end he and Vitiate are the same person, so it works for both his encounters as the Odessen fight is scripted aswell.

How is that even possible to find problematic a lv17 boss fight? With level sync it should be as hard as beating poop with a stick. 1-2 full rotations at most and good riddance, for a while at least.

Even pre-level sync, I found that encounter very easy and underwhelming. I got to fight the Sith Emperor himself and at the end, that was it? The Hutta finale for the warrior was 10x times better, in all aspects.

Take T7 with you, pick up his new gear just outside the entrance to the emp's area.

Turn off T7's area of effect stuff, target real emp at start of combat, do not target the clones ever, concentrate on the emp.

Unfortunately the concept of forming a question is not something many folks understand any more.

May want to try google'ing for the name of the mission to see if someone has put together some sort of guide for the mission. Every mission in the game has at the very least been indexed somewhere on the net if not discussed at some length.

It doesn't need a guide. Hack and slash, and interupt the 1 instant kill.......the end....

Take T7 with you, pick up his new gear just outside the entrance to the emp's area.

Turn off T7's area of effect stuff, target real emp at start of combat, do not target the clones ever, concentrate on the emp.

Not required anymore. Comps aren't affected by gear. Even with T-7 tanking (his original role) that fight's always been a breeze. The first few times I did it, with a well undergeared T-7 (because he's required) with very little influence, it was a very easy fight.

It doesn't need a guide. Hack and slash, and interupt the 1 instant kill.......the end....

That's it. The classic "Tank 'n Spank" fight of the century.

I'll reiterate my earlier post with a change in gear. As long as your gear is level 15+, the problem lies between the your chair and your PC.

Neither Valkorion nor Arcann do so when you encounter them either

Well, Valky has plans... whatever those are, and Arcy isn't much of an Emperor, he's just a kid playing Emperor with his sister. Wait, that came out wrongish.

EDIT: As for the Jedi Knight Story, you should have an interrupt with the icon of a foot kicking something, use that ability.

Edited by LyraineAlei

This is the consequence of 4.0. Everyone can faceroll the content without knowing any abilities except for basic attack.

And when a boss requires 1 interrupt ability, bam, stuck.

Haha so true!!! Everything has been nerfed, its all too easy, easy lvling, crew skills, training abilities, highlighting procs, TOTAL NERF TO EVERY PART OF THE GAME!!

AND THIS IS WHAT YOU GET!!

People are carried in flashpoints since they que as lvl 15 and get in a group with a lvl 45 and 65 and 60. People dont learn a thing!! GJ Bioware!

This is the consequence of 4.0. Everyone can faceroll the content without knowing any abilities except for basic attack.

And when a boss requires 1 interrupt ability, bam, stuck.

Agreed.

Makes you wonder how these people managed to install the game

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.