Best "Canon" Class for KotFE?

Stultophobe

My question is, as all of the 8 player characters have apparently vanished prior to KOTFE, does it fit better with the 'Bioware' canon to have a 'new' start at Level 60 character and say the previous characters are MIA or captured?

It would seem that Bioware has a preference for the JK but should it be the Hero of Tython or should it be just a 'veteran of the great galactic war' who has now come to prominence?

I haven't started KOTFE yet so just looking at whether I should do a JK playthrough first to continue the story or if it SHOULD be a 9th PC whether to start at Level 60.

A start-at-60 character of a certain class will still be treated as having done that particular class story at a bare minimum level. So your previous exploits will still get the occasional reference and your class-story companions will still react to you as if you'd done everything from the beginning.

It's kind of a shame, because I agree, it'd be nice to have just a "sequel character".

Smuggler. "From Loner to leader" and "Criminal as far as he can tell" (I think..) I don't see how an Imperial or Jedi would qualify for those. he did mention something about that at one point (or maybe it was just My class version of one of his speech's). My Character wanted nothing of him, to be *The Galactic leader,or whatever he wants. he's just Thrust into this terrible spot (that's the theme here ,Reluctant leader). For a Jedi or Imperial force user I can see wanting a unity in their Known galaxy so the Zakuul need to be put down. As my character did say already; He's just doing this to get his life and friends back. This story does to me seem more for a Force user, but it does seem to fit my class well enough

The fact that this is even up for discussion shows that Bioware has worked hard to incorporate as many classes as possible.

If you want only one answer, however, then it is the Jedi Knight. (no bias, i hate the knight) KOTFE is written by drew karpshyn, the guy behind KOTOR and Revan, Lord Scourge, Vitiate, etc.

His final Revan book before his spat with Bioware that caused him to leave ended with Lord Scourge betraying Revan (who was on the cusp of victory) because he had a vision of someone else who would be the one to defeat Vitiate. Who defeats Vitiate? All classes, but the Knight is set up to be his archenemy from the get go.

Scourge also says that he saw himself placing a crown on the Knight's head. Everything in KOTFE tells the player that their destiny is to sit on the eternal throne. And thus it ties to Scourge's vision more so than anything else presented in vanilla SWTOR.

And who writes KOTFE? Yep, Karpshyn does, having buried the hatchet with Bioware.

The entire plot is you becoming Revan 2.0, experiencing dark/light and finding a common ground between the two just as he did., again with the direct tie to Vitiate, who wound up able to influence Revan through his power - just as he attempts to do with you for much of the story.

That said, any class with a direct tie to Valkorion is a good candidate although that fades the deeper in the storyline we get. As of the latest chapter I'd say any of the classes work well, although force users work best for obvious reasons.

Edited by maxetius

The fact that this is even up for discussion shows that Bioware has worked hard to incorporate as many classes as possible.

If you want only one answer, however, then it is the Jedi Knight. (no bias, i hate the knight) KOTFE is written by drew karpshyn, the guy behind KOTOR and Revan, Lord Scourge, Vitiate, etc.

His final Revan book before his spat with Bioware that caused him to leave ended with Lord Scourge betraying Revan (who was on the cusp of victory) because he had a vision of someone else who would be the one to defeat Vitiate. Who defeats Vitiate? All classes, but the Knight is set up to be his archenemy from the get go.

Scourge also says that he saw himself placing a crown on the Knight's head. Everything in KOTFE tells the player that their destiny is to sit on the eternal throne. And thus it ties to Scourge's vision more so than anything else presented in vanilla SWTOR.

And who writes KOTFE? Yep, Karpshyn does, having buried the hatchet with Bioware.

The entire plot is you becoming Revan 2.0, experiencing dark/light and finding a common ground between the two just as he did., again with the direct tie to Vitiate, who wound up able to influence Revan through his power - just as he attempts to do with you for much of the story.

That said, any class with a direct tie to Valkorion is a good candidate although that fades the deeper in the storyline we get. As of the latest chapter I'd say any of the classes work well, although force users work best for obvious reasons.

Okay, I understand where you're coming from, but is the person in Scourge's vision specifically a Jedi Knight? (I didn't read the books.)

KOTFE is written by drew karpshyn, the guy behind KOTOR and Revan, Lord Scourge, Vitiate, etc.

[...]

Drew K. started writing for SWTOR again after the writing for the current KOTFE chapters was already finished - we haven't gotten to any of the stuff he's written yet, and as of last month we still aren't even close to it.

KOTFE was written by a team of writers (with Charles Boyd as lead writer), with different writers working on different chapters (for example Alexander Freed wrote the latest one, Mandalore's Revenge, and also Anarchy in Paradise).

Okay, I understand where you're coming from, but is the person in Scourge's vision specifically a Jedi Knight? (I didn't read the books.)

Yes, the reason Scourge joins the Jedi Knight during the class story is explicitly because Scourge recognizes the Knight from his vision.

Edited by DarthDymond

of course, i'm a bit biased, but i'd say the JK. SW is a pretty close second. but i've played through the story on both and the knight just feels the most natural to me. of course, as someone who has 3 jedi guardians, i might be a little biased. (for the record, i have 2 warriors also, a jugg and a marauder).

Yes. I agree with you. Plus, knight storyline I could see as the most reasonable for kotor. I would definetly go for jk.

So far my Sith Inquisitor has been a reasonably good fit.

She knows of the Emperor through his indifference to the Empire and his destruction of Ziost, which isn't the greatest of impressions but there's no strong connection there which so far seems to be a plus to me. If the game isn't going to make a big deal out of a previous relationship, which it can't really because of KotFE's one size fits all style, I'd rather have a blankish slate and go from there.

While she was frozen the ghosts have managed to free themselves (headcanon) so it makes sense that she sometimes uses his power in tough battles. As a Force-Walker it's what she's used to doing.

And she was on the Dark Council running her own department, leadership on a large scale isn't new to her.