The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Treasure Hunting Lockboxes are causing massive inflation and a proposed solution.

Rozaran

Who the hell has 6 MAX influence companions?

Well, not on ONE character, but I have 12 and I'm working on Bowdaar, Gault and Vette getting them to rank 50. (They're in their late 30s atm).

I have 8 classes I took through KOTFE.

I have 8 classes with 550 crafting.

I have the ORIGINAL companions, for each class, I got back, to rank 50 (except the three above). This was began on October 20th and it's now May 22nd.

I use Credits, turn in boxes, and I use up all my green crystals on about 14 people?

So it's possible just money, resource and time consuming.

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a member of the swtor forum community, it is my god given right to overreact about everything...:D

You don't understand, I've encountered 3-4 posts by this person about this, all in an attempt to shoehorn his one bat-crap crazy theory that a single person is running more than 200 character simultaneously to farm millions of credits a day.

This scenario does not seem all that logistically manageable or profitable in regards to the cost of operating. Even if you automate some of it, I seriously doubt this person (or anyone) has an AI capable of making all the decisions needed to farm at this level and able to click the right buttons (This in not Star Trek and there is no Lieutenant Commander Data). If such an AI existed, it would be a real waste to use it on a game to make scraps.

When trying to make a case, it is best to use logical information, plausible data, and don't present results that look like fine Swiss cheese. I can only come to the conclusion that any of the following observations may apply:

• This has absolutely nothing to do with protecting the game economy.
  • You have ulterior motives for your multiple threads, possibly to remove your competition.
  • You are some kind of sick attention deprived troll.
  • You may be mental and actually believe your drivel.

Quite frankly, you need to drop your agenda to damage other competing players/persons/companies with this kind of bogus witch-hunt, you are only going to hurt the player base as a whole.

Such style! You made my day :cool:

No idea what you're talking about, I haven't been shown nothing is an exploit, if your talking about what I said, then let me make it clear for you: Putting unGodlhy high prices on the GTN because Bioware did this stupid thing with rare drop items in packs is why people go looking for exploits in the game. Wouldn't be any need for it if Bioware would stop doing that. So I'm not spreading false anything. Don't like the facts, oh well, I'm gonna speak it.

It is easy to make credits even without doing treasure hunting lockboxes. I made over 2m just doing the KOTFE from Chapter 1 to the current chapter. So hard right. That doesn't include doing dailies, crafting, heroics. Just sounds like you want things for nothing and no work.

Just sounds like you want things for nothing and no work.

Just sounds like you've never been taught don't waste your money. Don't come at me, just cause I have values and morals and know right from wrong don't make "want things for nothing and no work." How about those who ducking work their asses off 40 hours a week to make their hard earned cash to waste it not getting an item the want cause of that? **** and get some moral okay? Later.

You don't understand, I've encountered 3-4 posts by this person about this, all in an attempt to shoehorn his one bat-crap crazy theory that a single person is running more than 200 character simultaneously to farm millions of credits a day.

Don't forget about his other threads, posted under multiple sock-puppet IDs (Mezarkan, etc), in which he insists it's happening but offers no proof at all.

(And by "proof", I mean something where we don't have to just take his word for it...)

Edited by Max_Killjoy

currently the most profitable thing in the game and being exploited by hundreds of accounts 24/7

Let me guess though Mezarkan even if BW banned all those accounts that wouldn't be enough for you would it? You'd need to let that misery erupt and spread towards nerfing treasure hunting right? Just like you did with slicing and all those incompetent posts. Enough of these useless posts give it a rest and let BW do their job they do know better than you. After all it's their game and I'm sure they will do what's in their best interest not yours, learn to live with that. I want this thread to die more than I want the game is dead thread to die.

Edited by squirrelballz

people who exploit treasure hunting lockboxes 24 hours a day with a bot for profit and then spam your mailbox with credit sale advertisements. that's how they get their near infinite credits to sell.

Who is online 24 hours a day? You have to except missions, resend characters out, empty inventey and so on.

A bot? again if BW could stop bots THEY WOULD HAVE BY NOW!

After all this you can make just as much per hour with many crafts not just T.H. Not to mention actual questing! Bots aside which as said BW cannot stop, If T>H saw changed the bots you worry so much about will just move on to some other way to make credits.

Really most of us just DON'T CARE. Send your finding to BW. If they care they will snuff T.H as they do everything else.

Then you will need to find something else to get over excited about.

Also was it not you who less than 6 months ago were saying the exact same thing about slicing? So now its Treasure Hunting, what's next Cybertech? Then Armstech and so on until its back to slicing?

If you spent as much time actually playing and enjoying the game as you do worrying about what others are doing you be much happier, more to the point so would everyone else.

BTW in your other thread all you did was post pic's of names which was on all servers who had befriended each other. That was your so called proof?

First if bots why would they befriend each other????

but mainly you showed no proof they were on 24/7.

No proof that all names in that list had Treasure Hunting as there craft.

No proof that they had all comps at max affection.

No proof they were sending out comps on crew missions 24/7

Not even proof they were all on at the same time etc. etc. etc..

In fact same as with this post the only thing you proved was that you are doing to get your figures which are questionable at best. as it showed no failed missions, you showed no way how you can keep sending out comps 24/7, no proof how they mange to open boxes, sell items while not online, to make room in inventory to keep sending out comps on missions. No proof what so ever other than your assumption of what was happening.

Mainly though sending out crew on missions no matter which craft is not an exploit! Which you offered no proof that was even happening.

Edited by DreadtechSavant

it needs to be fixed, that's the main thing.

which is it???

Do you want players to be more miserable or do you want bw to ban exploiters don't cherry pick and hide your agenda!!!

Pick an answer it really is that simple!!!

Edited by squirrelballz

which is it???

Do you want players to be more miserable or do you want bw to ban exploiters don't cherry pick and hide your agenda!!!

Pick an answer it really is that simple!!!

the first thing is to fix the thing that is being exploited. otherwise the exploiters will just be back to exploit the same thing again. so first fix it, then ban them.