Make decorations unlockable!!!

Hello,

I would really love to see decorations be unlock able through the cartel market. I went flipping through the packs and realized, we can unlock weapons, clothes, pets, mounts for our various legacy, but we can't unlock decorations. I get this is probably how you make a lot of money, but its frustrating. I would be really happy if you could change that.

There's been a few good suggestions of how to deal with this. One is cloning the way decos are currently donated to guild, so a deco that costs 25k to donate to guild, you could spend the same 25k to buy yourself another copy. Another is paying a modest CC fee (5? 10? 50?) to unlock additional copies for yourself.

If nothing else, I'd like a much better UI for handling decorations we already have. A lot of the decorations seem to be completely arbitrary as to what heading they fall under. What makes it worse is that there's no way to search; especially since all the dozens or hundreds of decorations we DON'T have show up in the list as well. It's an embarrassment and a gong show.

I wouldn't really like this considering i have spent nearly 3b on decors myself I'd say if you didn't them so what, there are still ways to obtain them in game through chance cubes. They will never allow an unlock for either dye or decor cause everyone would stop buying nearly as many packs as they do.

I wish there was a way to "unlock" decorations that there is currently no way to donate to your guild.

I would love to give my guild the fireworks launchers, for example.

They added the CM donation through the U Tab legacy decors as a donation to guild only

They added the CM donation through the U Tab legacy decors as a donation to guild only

Sadly their attempt has been a little inconsistent. Things like the Cantina Lounge CM item are unable to donated to the guild even though they came from packs. There are others too.

There are other donations that can't be donated to the guild, mainly those that are legacy bound and aren't centerpieces, and anything from the data crystal vendor that's bound.

The problem is the fact that you can claim decorations indefinitely which would cause problems since you have conquest bonuses on strongholds, imagine you could only by 1 pack, get a decoration and just use that deco to get nearly 100% on all your strongholds.

It's similar to why cartel gear and weapons can't be sold or broke down as players would abuse that 'privilege'

Edited by Jedi_riches

The problem is the fact that you can claim decorations indefinitely which would cause problems since you have conquest bonuses on strongholds, imagine you could only by 1 pack, get a decoration and just use that deco to get nearly 100% on all your strongholds.

That simply doesn't make sense to me. It's far, far cheaper to buy a bunch of chairs to get a guild stronghold up to 100%. Donating decorations through the "Purchase For Guild" feature would be many times more expensive. A chair is 250 credits and a donated deco is 25k to 250k credits. Keep in mind that the prestige of a stronghold has no effect on its conquest bonus.

I disagree with unlocking them in collections but my suggestion would be once you unlocked a decoration you can purchase (like you do for guilds) for a credit purchase and that would depend on the decoration. Unlocking and then getting them free I don't think is a good idea.

That simply doesn't make sense to me. It's far, far cheaper to buy a bunch of chairs to get a guild stronghold up to 100%. Donating decorations through the "Purchase For Guild" feature would be many times more expensive. A chair is 250 credits and a donated deco is 25k to 250k credits. Keep in mind that the prestige of a stronghold has no effect on its conquest bonus.

Except some guilds care about what their strongholds look like. It took me over 6-8 months to decorate our guild strongholds (one on both sides) because we cared more about what it looked like than getting the conquest bonus.

I disagree with unlocking them in collections but my suggestion would be once you unlocked a decoration you can purchase (like you do for guilds) for a credit purchase and that would depend on the decoration. Unlocking and then getting them free I don't think is a good idea.

There are already ways to obtain every decor in the game still, they will just lose continuous profit if they allowed any sort of self unlock be it credits, or cc they just simply make way to much $ off the rng packs, and also with them costing as low as they do with the guild donation, they should refund everyone that has multiple of every rare decor in the game as well.

There are already ways to obtain every decor in the game still, they will just lose continuous profit if they allowed any sort of self unlock be it credits, or cc they just simply make way to much $ off the rng packs, and also with them costing as low as they do with the guild donation, they should refund everyone that has multiple of every rare decor in the game as well.

I already have most of them but I understand there are some that don't and most of my strongholds (minus Yavin) are already 100% but we are going to disagree because I don't see the harm in letting people be able to purchase the decoration like you do for guilds and I have spent a considerable amount of credits as well but it doesn't bother me.

I can't see how they would lose any money, on the contrary, with casirabit's suggestion with each extra deco being pulled with CC only, they stand to make so much more, infact one could easily argue they haven't made a single cent on any of the decos from the earlier packs since they were last on the market.

There's a simple reason for this and easily explained.. Right now, if I want 20 of x deco, and there's none on the GTN and the packs that had them are no longer on the market or gtn, then how am I able to give BW the money?

I highly doubt you would find anyone gullible enough in the world to think they would even get one specific deco via chance cubes, so how are they able to support BW and buy 20 of them?

If they were regularly bringing back the packs where each of the decos existed, you would have a point but they don't so I fail to see how any money can be lost?

That would be considered Pay to win, cause if they did that it would be Bait and switch everyones used to the RNG system, so they don't need to change it you can already obtain them in game with chance cubes

Mate, pay to win doesn't apply to cosmetic stuff. There are cheaper and faster ways to reach 100% stronghold completion than spending a ton of cartel coins on unlocking decos. Even if they set the price of each unlock at 5 cc, it will still be cheaper to buy stuff with in-game currency.

This will take the profit away from the gtn overpricers, if they had one to begin with because I don't know how many people spend 10+ credits for a single item. If I have to be honest though, I'll be happy to screw up those people. It's one thing to sell something for a high price and completely different to sell that same thing for a ridiculous amount of money. You're just rubbing it in the face of everybody if you do the latter.

Edited by starwarsfansix

Mate, pay to win doesn't apply to cosmetic stuff. There are cheaper and faster ways to reach 100% stronghold completion than spending a ton of cartel coins on unlocking decos. Even if they set the price of each unlock at 5 cc, it will still be cheaper to buy stuff with in-game currency.

This will take the profit away from the gtn overpricers, if they had one to begin with because I don't know how many people spend 10+ credits for a single item. If I have to be honest though, I'll be happy to screw up those people. It's one thing to sell something for a high price and completely different to sell that same thing for a ridiculous amount of money. You're just rubbing it in the face of everybody if you do the latter.

Actually it will be a P2w system cause of the Prestige system, it's there choice to list it for whatever they want because they are hard to get now so what if you don't have it, if you already didn't claim them in the past you should not have an advantage over those that have spent to much time & credits on them.

I'm always confused when people talk like the decorations are "optional" and not critical to game play. Basically, those people are telling me that I play wrong. Stronghold decorating is my favorite part of the game. The items required to fully enjoy my play-style are locked behind Cartel Certificates, chance cubes, and all sorts of other hurdles. For me, these items aren't a "want", they're a "need". Just like you "need" good gear to do missions and participate in PVP. You don't really need the best gear, but you want it and it improves your enjoyment. The same is true for me when I have a variety of interesting decorations to work with.

Actually it will be a P2w system cause of the Prestige system, it's there choice to list it for whatever they want because they are hard to get now so what if you don't have it, if you already didn't claim them in the past you should not have an advantage over those that have spent to much time & credits on them.

Ah, you do know that you need to have bound an item or a full set on a character to be able to unlock it, right? Also, the prestige is about who's stronghold is gonna show up higher on the list.

I'm always confused when people talk like the decorations are "optional" and not critical to game play. Basically, those people are telling me that I play wrong. Stronghold decorating is my favorite part of the game. The items required to fully enjoy my play-style are locked behind Cartel Certificates, chance cubes, and all sorts of other hurdles. For me, these items aren't a "want", they're a "need". Just like you "need" good gear to do missions and participate in PVP. You don't really need the best gear, but you want it and it improves your enjoyment. The same is true for me when I have a variety of interesting decorations to work with.

That's an interesting point of view, I haven't thought about it that way. I've always considered the important parts of a game objective based, like warzones, raids, space pvp, heck, even the rail space simulator fits into the category. For me, strongholds are a fun side activity. Well, as long as you don't need an item and find out it either costs a fortune or is not listed at all. But I can understand the people that consider it their main reason to keep logging in the game.

Edited by starwarsfansix

Actually its called "Greed" cause so many people are wanting the cheap way out to obtain everything in game right, next to the most minimal effort you can possibly think of? Do you realise what others had to go through to obtain what they currently have in the past, its called RNG not buying it directly for next to nothing.

Edited by Theeko

I agree, once we get a decoration we should be able to purchase it like we do for our guilds. It should be no different for our houses

That would just kill there revenue off there packs which they will never do, that's why the dyes aren't on the collections tab as well

Edited by Theeko

Here's a little more food for thought...

It's interesting how some people characterize a desire to have fun as "greed" or "laziness". Why do people feel comfortable associating the words "work" and "expense" and "grind" with a game? This is supposed to be fun and entertaining. The proper words would be "challenging" and "engaging", hopefully even "stimulating" and "thought-provoking" through the storylines. I do enough "work" at my full-time job to get the money to play this game.

It's also amazing how some people will jump right to the conclusion that players don't want to do any work if they ask for slightly less work, or in some cases just the possibility to do it at all. Quite a few avenues of progress in the game have been closed, so no amount of work will achieve those rewards.

I can understand being competitive in PVP pursuits, but why do some people have such a strong urge to lock other people out of the game, opposing any ideas to reduce work and grind? Giving other people more does not mean giving them less. Many of the good ideas I've read in these forums would cost them nothing. It all sounds very Scrooge-ish and curmudgeonly to me.