My ranked arenas today

DerSchneider

A common day of SWTOR ranked player.

Afternoon - read exciting bioware post about actions being taken.

Evening -

1st arena (Juggernaut): Loss with sorc healer to a team with merc healer. Had in my team a jugg who didn't press ED for 3 rounds and didn't exceed 100k damage (he wasn't focused).

2nd arena (Guardian): Win. Faced 3 operatives sync premade with a PT tank. Had no offhealers in ours team but managed somehow.

3rd arena (Guardian): Win. Nothing unusual, however 2 sorc healers seems kinda too common.

4th arena (Sniper): Loss. A team of 2 sorcs and assassin tank did less damage than virulence sniper under focus.

Assassin tank was just globalled. (Hardswitch on tank possible???)

5th arena (Sniper): Win. Known hacker was unbanned, his rating RETURNED and he was in enemy team. Good thing it was orbital station where you can't hack.

6th arena (Guardian) Loss. You can't do a **** versus 2 mandess sorc+operative sync in a team without offhealer AGAIN.

7th arena (Guardian) Loss. Hacker was on enemy team again and it was open arena with nice textures behind the map where he succesfully landed and survived through acid.

Night - smoking cigarette and trying to find appropriate words to describe level of frustration.

Probably should go continue leveling a sage, how do you think?

Edited by DerSchneider

Evening -

1st arena (Juggernaut): Loss with sorc healer to a team with merc healer. Had in my team a jugg who didn't press ED for 3 rounds and didn't exceed 100k damage (he wasn't focused).

2nd arena (Guardian): Win. Faced 3 operatives sync premade with a PT tank. Had no offhealers in ours team but managed somehow.

3rd arena (Guardian): Win. Nothing unusual, however 2 sorc healers seems kinda too common.

4th arena (Sniper): Loss. A team of 2 sorcs and assassin tank did less damage than virulence sniper under focus.

5th arena (Sniper): Win. Known hacker was unbanned, his rating RETURNED and he was in enemy team. Good thing it was orbital station where you can't hack.

6th arena (Guardian) Loss. You can't do a **** versus 2 mandess sorc+operative sync in a team without offhealer AGAIN.

7th arena (Guardian) Loss. Hacker was on enemy team again and it was open arena with nice textures behind the map where he succesfully landed and survived through acid.

Night - smoking cigarette and trying to find appropriate words to describe level of frustration.

So you're dealing with **** teammate lottery, people abusing the low population, and exploiters/hackers... sounds like an average night of solo ranked arena.

Good luck and remember, the only way to get ahead of the rng is to either join the people exploiting the system or just play enough games (preferably with enough constraint to stop queuing when you know the odds are stacked against you) that you have a chance to even out the RNG.

Evening -

sound like perfectly normal games to me , what are you frustated about

the condition of winning or losing down to these factors

1. you have better team than opponent --- win , got on weaker team Lose

2. you fight in 3 v 4 , so if you in 4 man team most likely you win

3. you got hacker on enemy team then you bad luck , hacker on your team auto win

4. meet syn que premade --- lost , unless your team is good to beat them

5. You can carry your weaker team member then prolly you can win the game since you dont know who you team up with

so if you solo que with the above win lose ratio seem quite normal to me.

Evening -

Sorry, but you have almost no control over your rating. That's what solo ranked is.

I wonder what his team members were thinking of him ? Was their ELO the only thing they were interested in ?

Then why do you put yourself through it? I pretty much avoid it. YOLO is meaningless and annoying IMO, and teams; well, they might be ok but more of an investment than i want to put in arenas.

I'm queueing because I don't like objective based PVP. Team ranked sucks even more, because few specs are viable there.

Wow! I didn't realize people still played ranked. Interesting. So just out of curiosity, what's the wait time these days?

When APG was the only thing popping it regs average wait time on BC was like 10 minutes.

It died down, but when players get organized it can still happen.

I'm queueing because I don't like objective based PVP. Team ranked sucks even more, because few specs are viable there.

I'm pretty certain that MORE specs are viable in group than solo. the competition is better though, so it may seem like yolo is more balanced, but that really is a perception problem. solo is only more accessible because the skill cap is lower. group is actually more accessible in terms of ACs and specs.

:2cents:

edit:

When APG was the only thing popping it regs average wait time on BC was like 10 minutes.

It died down, but when players get organized it can still happen.

^this. I avoided yolo like the plague from s4-6, but the constant APG pops pushed me back into yolo.

Edited by foxmob

Welcome to lottery fest. Anyway yolo is not enjoyable a lot of time. Was pretty fun in pre-season 1 (when not all good players gone after RWZ 8*8 was deleted) and 1-st season. 2-nd has good start, but in the middle yolo died.

Now idk, with currect meta, its unplayable for me and as entire game, playing this game like SIMS more than two years - login few WZ - GTN for new CM armors - logout. U should find another game to play. Coz everything what devs do - do it worse from patch to patch. Idk from everything what they promised to real players hopes - peoples still waiting something good? For mislef i found not bad game for fun - release 24-th may. Till that time i will play this game and nothing more.

Edited by helpmewin

Wow! I didn't realize people still played ranked. Interesting. So just out of curiosity, what's the wait time these days?

On the servers where I play pop times are 1-10 minutes in the prime time, assuming you don't queue dodge bads and sync premades. Pop times are not the biggest problem, many people are queuing every day.

Edited by DerSchneider