Merge servers

Vaitecata

This is actually getting ridiculous. We're paying $15 a month to essentially play a console game. Atleast on xbox live there would be people to play with. After another night leveling on planets with ZERO people on it, Ive decided to cancel my sub and go back to ftp. Didn't want to go back to WoW but atleast there's a new patch and people to play with. Guess Ill mess around with Overwatch as well.

It really is a shame that they're that cheap. Even if merging is too expensive, atleast throw your loyal customers a bone and let them transfer for free and enjoy a few months and then sunset the game.

Smh

Edited by gullets

This is actually getting ridiculous. We're paying $15 a month to essentially play a console game. Atleast on xbox live there would be people to play with. After another night leveling on planets with ZERO people on it, Ive decided to cancel my sub and go back to ftp. Didn't want to go back to WoW but atleast there's a new patch and people to play with. Guess Ill mess around with Overwatch as well.

It really is a shame that they're that cheap. Even if merging is too expensive, atleast throw your loyal customers a bone and let them transfer for free and enjoy a few months and then sunset the game.

Smh

yeah i resubbed a few days ago and have been playing through revan + kinghts of fallen, and ive been qued for warzones everytime and never get in on any of my characters. :(

• 3 weeks later...
Please BW, please please please, merge this server, i have been playing since beta, and I have 16 toons on this server, 13 of which are 65. I can't pay for all of my toons to xfer, much less 1 of them. If this doesn't happen soon BW will lose another paying customer, and I have been paying since launch, haven't missed a month, but I can't run any damn pvp and can never get a grp finder que pop, much less get the damn ops que to pop. I love this game, but am srsly about to quit because this MMO isn't an MMO on this server. BW needs to srsly address this issue and get the damn ball rolling.

Please BW, please please please, merge this server, i have been playing since beta, and I have 16 toons on this server, 13 of which are 65. I can't pay for all of my toons to xfer, much less 1 of them. If this doesn't happen soon BW will lose another paying customer, and I have been paying since launch, haven't missed a month, but I can't run any damn pvp and can never get a grp finder que pop, much less get the damn ops que to pop. I love this game, but am srsly about to quit because this MMO isn't an MMO on this server. BW needs to srsly address this issue and get the damn ball rolling.

It's obnoxious that they can leave the game in its current state without a word regarding their plans for resolving this issue.

Yes please, everything is dead af on this server. if its not the "busy" time of day, you will wait 2-4 hours for any kind of que pop. I really wish we could merge with anything!

You've gotten a pop in under 4 hours???

I am from Jung Ma and have made threads about a merge in the past. Bioware i dont know why you're neglecting your swtor fan base by not replying to the fans that love your game and just want to play it. Jung Ma has had this problem for quite some time and seeing this server struggle the same as we are there should be no excuse to merging the servers. Us combined would make a somewhat active server i hope and would only come with pros. Like me and others we are paying to play this game and have been for quite some time we deserve to atleast get a server merge so we can get our money's worth. Thanks to all who have joined the movement in wanting a server merge we only want whats best for us and the game.

I am from Jung Ma and have made threads about a merge in the past. Bioware i dont know why you're neglecting your swtor fan base by not replying to the fans that love your game and just want to play it. Jung Ma has had this problem for quite some time and seeing this server struggle the same as we are there should be no excuse to merging the servers. Us combined would make a somewhat active server i hope and would only come with pros. Like me and others we are paying to play this game and have been for quite some time we deserve to atleast get a server merge so we can get our money's worth. Thanks to all who have joined the movement in wanting a server merge we only want whats best for us and the game.

That pretty much says it all. Its not like these forums are super active and require heavy moderation. You cant even get a CS rep to take two minutes to address this with us. Shows what they think about their customer base for this game.

Yeah, I'm am in favor of a merge. I recently just got back after maybe 3 months and the entire population just vanished. If the price for transfer was back to 90cc I would consider doing that but it's far too expensive and I've put too much time into my toons to just start over. Over the past two weeks that I have been on, I have not been able to get into a single warzone which makes meeting those DvL requirements quite problematic. Here's to hoping that a merge will happen before the event is over or that people have a change of heart and return in droves. On a side note, I'm looking for a friendly casual guild. I mainly do story content and run flashpoints... I don't have the time to do ops sadly.

Yeah, I'm am in favor of a merge. I recently just got back after maybe 3 months and the entire population just vanished. If the price for transfer was back to 90cc I would consider doing that but it's far too expensive and I've put too much time into my toons to just start over. Over the past two weeks that I have been on, I have not been able to get into a single warzone which makes meeting those DvL requirements quite problematic. Here's to hoping that a merge will happen before the event is over or that people have a change of heart and return in droves. On a side note, I'm looking for a friendly casual guild. I mainly do story content and run flashpoints... I don't have the time to do ops sadly.

Ascensión is recruiting people on the Republic side of things. We try to be helpful, and we've been pretty active. You're welcome to join.

:rolleyes: Squeaky wheel here:

It's Saturday evening August 27th and all of the servers in North America are Light with the exception of Harbinger. Even on Harbinger pop times are longer than they ever have been. On the Light servers FP's seldom pop, and pvp you usually end up playing the same people every match. The reasons the devs had for merging the servers in the past certainly can be applied to the present time.

We all know that most of the group content is stale having not been updated since 2014 so wouldn't it be nice to get the most people possible together who still do operations, fps, galactic star fighter, star fortress, or anything for two or more people?

• 1 month later...

Let's resurrect this thread, shall we?

I took about 10 months or so off from the game. When I left, numbers in fleet were down to 100-150 or so. I resubbed a couple days ago, and the first thing I noticed was that Bioware seems to have taken down population indicators for servers. Not a good sign.

It seemed really quiet, so I decided to log on to fleet. I knew it was low, but I wasn't expecting this.

14. On a Sunday night at 6PM EST.

Something needs to be done. This is ridiculous.

My raid has dissolved. We were running content twice a week - pretty casually since we hadn't finished all the raids in HM - and we lost a character. We needed to PUG one routinely.

When you cannot routinely PUG one spot, any role, in primetime - your server is in bad shape.

THAT WAS MONTHS AGO. My guild has since dissolved. 90% of the guild left for other games, 10% for another server. I have done the entire DVL event on a west-coast server - because it has SOMEONE on it. It is obnoxious beyond description that you haven't merged this server. Twice. I remember when Belgath's Beacon merged to the Fatman, and then the Fatman merged with Pot5 - there were literally ten times as many people on when we merged previously.

This server routinely sports 7 people on fleet during primetime, and half of them are gold-spammers.

What's worst is the nonexistent GTN economy...

There are so many things that I simply can't find on the GTN that are common on other servers.

I couldn't/wouldn't move, even for cheap transfers, I need a merge.

I was trading WZ and OP passes for Creds because there was no demand for anything else. I got nailed with a stack of passes that went Legacy Bound after the latest update.

If there is no Merge before my sub is up, I am going to be forced to use those passes myself... in all honesty why bother with the passes when there is no one to group with.

I still think the merge of Jung Ma and POTF is a temporary fix at best. They are the two lowest pop servers. I Think more than 450 people would be required to make it fun again. Harbringer is hitting 6-7 times that.

Edited by Fatty_The_Walrus

If there is no Merge before my sub is up, I am going to be forced to use those passes myself... in all honesty why bother with the passes when there is no one to group with.

You'll get the full CC value of any passes on your toons refunded...

Hey folks,

As we discussed in my previous post, the Cartel Market Access passes are all being removed from the game with Knights of the Eternal Throne early access on 11/29. One of the big questions that has come up from that announcement is what our compensation plans are for anyone who still has passes. Our plan is quite simple, for each pass that is present on an account as of 11/29 you will receive a 100% refund of Cartel Coins for the cost of the pass. Note that whether you directly purchased the pass from the Cartel Market or received it from another method such as the GTN, trade, etc. you will still receive the refunded Cartel Coins. As a reminder, here are the Cartel Coin costs for each of the passes which are being removed:

• 240 CC - Weekly Pass: Flashpoints
  • 240 CC - Weekly Pass: Operations
  • 240 CC - Weekly Pass: Space Missions
  • 240 CC - Weekly Pass: Warzones
  • 4,320 CC - 180-Day Pass: Starfighter
  • 720 CC - 30-Day Pass: Starfighter
  • 240 CC - 7-Day Pass: Starfighter

Once Early Access launches on 11/29 all passes will be removed entirely from the game and players will see the Cartel Coins added to their account. It is important that any passes which are in Guild Banks are removed before this happens. If a pass is in a Guild Bank it will be deleted and no compensation will be provided.

Thanks everyone.

-eric

I'm missing something. Doesn't the above apply?

It does apply to half of my problem. Thank you for letting me know.

However, it does nothing for the low population problem. Still not enough people to do anything other than solo material and dance with the local credit spam bot. If I wait on a Queue I get D/C for being idle too long :(

I was not here for the last cheap server transfers, but I hope they offer them again soon enough. This way I, and many others, will still be here to buy them.

cheers