Character Transfers from "Dead" servers

Cloma

HI everyone,

I have been playing since beta. I'm a huge fan of Star Wars and SWTOR. I love the new changes that came along with KOTFE. A little over a week ago I transferred two of my 65s from "Prophecy of the Five" to "The Harbinger" for 90 Cartel Coins each. I have 8 more 65s I want to transfer. However, the cost went up to 1000 Cartel Coins. PO5's population is dead. It takes hours to que for PVP. Operations are non existent. As a subscriber I don't think it's fair I have to pay around $90 Dollars to transfer my characters to a server with a decent population. I tried going through Customer Service a few times and only got generic responses. Please explain to me how this is fair. Thanks!

HI everyone,

I have been playing since beta. I'm a huge fan of Star Wars and SWTOR. I love the new changes that came along with KOTFE. A little over a week ago I transferred two of my 65s from "Prophecy of the Five" to "The Harbinger" for 90 Cartel Coins each. I have 8 more 65s I want to transfer. However, the cost went up to 1000 Cartel Coins. PO5's population is dead. It takes hours to que for PVP. Operations are non existent. As a subscriber I don't think it's fair I have to pay around $90 Dollars to transfer my characters to a server with a decent population. I tried going through Customer Service a few times and only got generic responses. Please explain to me how this is fair. Thanks!

Don't worry about it. If they don't do mega server soon there will be nowhere to go. Every server will be just like POT5 within 5 months from now. Save your 1000CC coins. At this point in the game its not worth it. Megaserver or just uninstall until they do one. But to pay 1000CC per toon at this point is a waste IMO.

Since it's still in my clipboard from the live stream...

You had the possibility to move! Transfers were dirt cheap forever, you have no one to blame but yourselves for not taking advantage of it! -A Jung Ma Player

What about all the new players trying this game that roll a toon on POT5? How do you think that will go over with a new player? Ill tell you how. They will quit within the first week when nothing they try to q for happens.

Should we just keep our fingers crossed and hope that they pick Harbinger for their choice? I mean since the development team thought it was of most importance to remove the server status from the start screen. And maybe if they like the game after they hit 65 would should ram them with a 1000CC transfer because they game decided not to give them a fair shake at picking a populated server?

Amazing thought process we got going on here. White Knights are out in force these days I see.

You had the possibility to move! Transfers were dirt cheap forever, you have no one to blame but yourselves for not taking advantage of it! -A Jung Ma Player

This is the first time i've looked at the forums in years. I'm coming here as a last resort....

You had the possibility to move!

Wrong. They now have the possibility to create an environment for people to stay or leave.

People pay to have fun. On empty servers, you cant have fun playing mmo (group based stuff).

This is the first time i've looked at the forums in years. I'm coming here as a last resort....

Its not your fault. Its the development teams fault. Don't let these trolls try to make this mess your in your fault. The development team should have addressed this issue almost a year ago and they decided to do nothing but make it worse.

Its not your fault. Its the development teams fault. Don't let these trolls try to make this mess your in your fault. The development team should have addressed this issue almost a year ago and they decided to do nothing but make it worse.

It's good to see people agree with me. Lets keep this civil. I just want a straight answer from someone at EA or Bioware.

BioWare reduced the price greatly, for months. You had your chance. Don't whine about it being unfair.

You are 100% correct. It's my fault PO5 is dead. It's my fault I didn't follow the forums night and day. I should have to pay and extra fee to a MMO with others.

It's good to see people agree with me. Lets keep this civil. I just want a straight answer from someone at EA or Bioware.

Then send them a PM, and stop with the drama.

If you honestly were oblivious to 90cc transfers for the last 10 months, then you also would not have known there was a 4.0 (KoTFE) release either ... being as they promoted one along with the other, and ran the 90cc for 6 months after 4.0 dropped. They did their part.. you failed on your end to be aware... (did you miss all the promotional emails to your email address too?).

Would free transfers off of "dead" servers be nice? Perhaps. But then again.... "dead" in forum discussion about servers is very fuzzy since different people measure this differently. But perhaps you will see free transfers offered when the studio decides if/when to twilight a server. That would be pretty normal business practice in MMOs. Free character transfers in general (just because the player wants to) however, is not the norm in the industry.

To move to a better server when the transfer price was so low.

Better server? Why is it better server?.

He cant play the game, that he payed for. And he's money is the same as people that got "better server". Thats why is better, because you can play the game there? Silliness. He pays, they pay. He pick server, he cant play, they pick right server. He had a window to join them, but he didnt. Now pay the price, pay but not play. :rolleyes:

Edited by Shivax

You are 100% correct. It's my fault PO5 is dead. It's my fault I didn't follow the forums night and day. I should have to pay and extra fee to a MMO with others.

It wasn't a 24 hour sale, blink and you'll miss it - you had almost a whole year to transfer at the low price.

To move to a better server when the transfer price was so low.

Why should anyone pay anything? Isnt it the responsiobility of the development team to coordinate that? I have been thru 3 server mergers and all free of charge. The old development team seen a problem and reacted on it. Now its these peoples fault that the server they are on is dead and they need to pay additionally to play this game?

You White Knights need to calm down. Even cheerleads know when its time to concede.

Edited by MadCuzBad

Why should anyone pay anything? Isnt it the responsiobility of the development team to coordinate that? I have been thru 3 server mergers and all free of charge. The old development team seen a problem and reacted on it. Now its these peoples fault that the server they are on is dead and they need to pay additionally to play this game?

You White Knights need to calm down. Even cheerleads know when its time to concede.

Yay, I'm a White Knight again because I disagree with someone (How is it White Knighting to prefer to remain on the server I'm on - is that somehow defending Bioware or something?:confused:)

Once again - you have a choice to move if you want. If you don't want to pay the transfer fee, level up a new character with the double XP, and then using your CC stipend, you can transfer another character over later to bring your achievements and stuff.

If they merge the servers, I won't have a choice. I will be forced to move servers against my will. I won't be able to save up 2 months of bonus CC to transfer back to the server I want to play.

If you want to play on a different server that is YOUR want, YOU have to facilitate it. I want to stay on my server.

If they merge the servers, I won't have a choice. I will be forced to move servers against my will. I won't be able to save up 2 months of bonus CC to transfer back to the server I want to play.

If you want to play on a different server that is YOUR want, YOU have to facilitate it. I want to stay on my server.

This. I love my server and I do not want to go to the server some of these "children" are insisting everyone transfer to. I want to stay where I am and my server is not dead. We have a good population on Ebon Hawk so no thank you. No merger for me please.

Then send them a PM, and stop with the drama.

If you honestly were oblivious to 90cc transfers for the last 10 months, then you also would not have known there was a 4.0 (KoTFE) release either ... being as they promoted one along with the other, and ran the 90cc for 6 months after 4.0 dropped. They did their part.. you failed on your end to be aware... (did you miss all the promotional emails to your email address too?).

Would free transfers off of "dead" servers be nice? Perhaps. But then again.... "dead" in forum discussion about servers is very fuzzy since different people measure this differently. But perhaps you will see free transfers offered when the studio decides if/when to twilight a server. That would be pretty normal business practice in MMOs. Free character transfers in general (just because the player wants to) however, is not the norm in the industry.

I check the website from time to time not the forums. I do not recall ever seeing anything regarding 90cc server transfers. Like I said I love KOTFE and really think the game is going in a positive direction. I've been logging in and only doing the KOTFE story line and logging out. I was doing this mainly because there was no one else to play with on PO5. I did a search on server population and moved 2 of my characters over. There is no indication of server population on the server selection screen. I had to search a 3rd party website just to find a place to move to. When I moved my characters over for 90cc I still thought that was high considering I was doing it to actually play with other players. A little over a week later 1000cc! . This isn't right you know it man...

Yay, I'm a White Knight again because I disagree with someone (How is it White

you fascinates me that you feel it is ok to talk down to someone because they are voicing an opinion yet complain that you are equally allowed to state your opinion.

the simple fact is they didn't have to increase the cost and by doing so they created the current state of affairs. yes the servers, lots of them were slowly dying but it was a slow attrition, not the over the weekend servers have collapsed that occurred cause they were silly enough to give prior notice and brag about it almost.

so we have two issues. one being that the servers really most of them are barren wastelands that need to be merged like they have been in the past due to the very same issues that they created themselves this time. two it does not help the health of the game to have a f2p log into the game and poorly select a server due to yet again poor development here removing the semi worthless listing of server population (we all know they were very inaccurate but close enough) and seeing the game is a barren wasteland.

so really the current team has very little option but to merge servers be it one mega server which really should be done or two separate us servers one east and one west. will this help yes will it be the savior move no. i say no because the game itself has entered maintenance mode not because ea/bw decided to do so but because both mmo games in generally are taking a player hit and a lot of the current development direction tanking the game.

hate what i said, white knight defend swtor development and team all you wish the truth is the truth.

lastly if they are incapable of merging servers, which would boggle the mind really but what ever, they need to make it so those dead servers are a no go for adding new characters even accounts already on them (LOCKED) and they need to offer free transfers to 1 east or 1 west coast server. They can turn up their nose to guilds, guild ships and banks and simply say if you elect to stay on said server one it will eventually be closed and you will lose all characters and content and two we are offering you an option to change the stagnant play and move to a more populated server but you will not transfer anything additional over what is current employed in transfer system. They know exactly what server or servers are populated with highest cluster of players so just do it.

honestly if a BW team member is reading this you need to bring this option to your teams attention

so we have two issues. one being that the servers really most of them are barren wastelands that need to be merged like they have been in the past due to the very same issues that they created themselves this time. two it does not help the health of the game to have a f2p log into the game and poorly select a server due to yet again poor development here removing the semi worthless listing of server population (we all know they were very inaccurate but close enough) and seeing the game is a barren wasteland.

A person can log onto the server and go to the Welcome to Community page and then the server status and check the status. I know I would and if I saw servers that are light I would head to the ones that are standard such as:

The Shadowlands

Jedi Covenant

The Ebon Hawk

The Harbinger

People do need to take some responsibility and check the status before they make a toon especially if they are a new player.

you fascinates me that you feel it is ok to talk down to someone because they are voicing an opinion yet complain that you are equally allowed to state your opinion.

My complaint was about being called a White Knight for stating my opinion. I didn't call anyone a name for wanting the opposite of me. The process here went - someone voiced their opinion, I voiced mine, I got called a derogatory name. And now I'm even being called out for "talking down to someone" when I ask why I got called name? That seems about right.

the simple fact is they didn't have to increase the cost

They didn't have to reduce it either. And they gave plenty of warning before they did.

and by doing so they created the current state of affairs. yes the servers, lots of them were slowly dying but it was a slow attrition, not the over the weekend servers have collapsed that occurred cause they were silly enough to give prior notice and brag about it almost.

Aren't you supposed to throw in some figures there about server populations to back up your claims? At least name the servers you regularly play on and have noticed this sudden dip. Is this a normal happening a couple of days before another chapter is launched? Something for us to analyse and discuss, rather than you making up a story to fit your claims.

Again, we really need some figures here. And again, name these servers that you play on that you feel have suddenly become a "barren wasteland" in the last few days.

As for the "poor f2p player" (and I know you're just desperate to help these people), I've noticed on my server (seems to be a remarkable boost in player on DK with the double XP, BTW) that a lot of people on the first couple of planets were asking if it was a good server for PvP, and if it was a busy server. Apart from a couple of trolls (you know what it's like) they got some very friendly advice, and one of them, after being told it was easy enough to roll another character on another server, decided to change servers. It was really quite beautiful to see.

so really the current team has very little option but to merge servers be it one mega server which really should be done or two separate us servers one east and one west. will this help yes will it be the savior move no. i say no because the game itself has entered maintenance mode not because ea/bw decided to do so but because both mmo games in generally are taking a player hit and a lot of the current development direction tanking the game.

Is it maintenance mode when they are still bringing out content, and have been quoted on twitter saying they are continuing to develop the next volume in the story? It seems we have very different views of what maintenance mode is.

hate what i said, white knight defend swtor development and team all you wish the truth is the truth.

Again with calling names? So, am I allowed to question why you need to call me names this time, or will you say I'm talking down to you again?

lastly if they are incapable of merging servers, which would boggle the mind really but what ever, they need to make it so those dead servers are a no go for adding new characters even accounts already on them (LOCKED) and they need to offer free transfers to 1 east or 1 west coast server. They can turn up their nose to guilds, guild ships and banks and simply say if you elect to stay on said server one it will eventually be closed and you will lose all characters and content and two we are offering you an option to change the stagnant play and move to a more populated server but you will not transfer anything additional over what is current employed in transfer system. They know exactly what server or servers are populated with highest cluster of players so just do it.

Why would they limit access to servers? If they are "dead" wouldn't it make more sense to promote those servers to new players and populate them again? Servers like Harbinger and Shadowlands are pretty well populated from what I gather, so it would make more sense to keep those servers at the level they are at, and push new players into other servers.

This serves 2 purposes - not only does it level up the other servers ad balance them out better (you know for server stability and such - anyone remember the rollbacks on Harbinger?) but also the older players, who no longer do levelling or tactical FP's as much can stay and reminisce about the good old days, and newer players can play together, doing the tactical FP's without screams of "SPACEBAR!!!"

honestly if a BW team member is reading this you need to bring this option to your teams attention

Only if you bring my points as well so they can make a balanced decision.

My complaint was about being called a White Knight for stating my opinion... /snip for brevity .

Heh.. according to my bingo card, you have been hit by most of the usual suspects already, at least until morning when TUXs runs in to defend the usual suspects once more as though they are perfect social angels. After that, I guess we can expect they will begin the repetitive circular talking points to keep the thread fluffed up, while stanchly ignoring anyone's point of view that disagrees with them. :)

You know you have prevailed in the discussion when they start with the name calling. :D

Edited by Andryah