The Eternal Championship - Good Lord~

DeLaaNie

don't use all of the abilities on it.

the only one seems to be useful is the grenade (which is the first ability) that you can kite nocturno through to keep stunning her.

But I am owner of the belt!!!

/shouts at a cloud

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess I just suck at the game. DPS Commando, 65, rank 44 comp, couldn't get past knock-off Batman and Robin. I know what to do, it just wasn't working. Nocturnal kept avoiding the stun mines, and then my comp got "kidnapped", and I got slaughtered in about 10-15 seconds, despite having great gear. I honestly don't know what to do, and hearing everyone else talk about how easy it is makes me just say "nope, I'll never be good enough, so why bother?"

It's a tough fight so not sure why people are stating it's super easy ... it can b e once you get the trick of it but before then it's definitely quite tricky, by far the hardest I did on PTS though we couldn't see the mines back then.

You just have to work at ensuring there is a mine between you and nocturno to help with your stun mine issue. Best way I found was to attack drake knowing nocturno was coming up from behind me ( though my companion slowing them down by taking agro with heals ) so that drake would throw the mine towards me and I would then move around him and attack from the other side so nocturne would have to go through the mine to get to me.

As far the kidnapping as soon as you get the audio queue I think it is head straight for where the droids are and beat the crap out of them ... from memory you only had to take out the bigger droid to free you companion and it's pretty quick n easy if you get straight on it that nocturno shouldn't even make it to you.

After you get drake down nocturno will enrage so this is where you need the utility belt and just make sure you use the right abilitites as you can get your own companion kidnapped again and that's a lot tougher when you have enraged nocturno to deal with.

Not sure why people are having problems with this activity. I literally logged on that morning right after patch, grabbed the quests (luckily in the right order, srsly bioware?) and then zoned in to do the matches. They were extremely easy - started on my main (Sentinel - Watchman) and then Marauder right after. Was on watchman spec (the one that heals from dots) and kept my companion healer all throughout the entire event. Rank 50 on one, 15 on other.

Given im in full pve gear with bonuses, but this really doesnt make much difference. These are like mini-raid solo bosses. You need a little know how, and be able to do more than just stand there and punch a bag to death. Move away from circles, observe mechanics, and think.

Im one of those players KOTFE was made for, im loving this content and the story and this is what Star Wars is all about. Sure it could use a little polishing, but overall this is what mmos should be with the other stuff like raiding and pvp as tertiary content.

As far as clearing the championship, it was way to easy on all the classes, didnt have a time, the thing i found most effective was the level of companion, the higher they were (over 30 to be exact) I found myself using less cooldowns.

Remember you have heroic moment and can use once per fight, unless your seeking to do the timed run, wait between fights for your Heroic Moment to refresh. Use your immunity abilities at proper moments, like most mechanics, the bosses do some pretty moves when they're near death, easily predictable and avoidable.

Do you have a med pack? use it. Do you have 6 hr stim buff? Use it. Do you have a 15 sec burst stim? Use it. Have fun, run around avoid circles, punch bosses in the face. Learn your class rotation and find optimal button placement. Thats what this really does - it separates the players that havent actually learned their class, from those who have optimized their rotations, button placement and situational awareness. This is not like daily heroics where u run in and kill a couple of dumb computer controlled mobs, these are raid bosses, similar to flashpoint bosses for solo players.....

Oh wait, you can even go in as a group cant you?

Good luck! (Oh and the rewards suck other than Bowdarr)

Not sure why people are having problems with this activity. I literally logged on that morning right after patch, grabbed the quests (luckily in the right order, srsly bioware?) and then zoned in to do the matches. They were extremely easy - started on my main (Sentinel - Watchman) and then Marauder right after. Was on watchman spec (the one that heals from dots) and kept my companion healer all throughout the entire event. Rank 50 on one, 15 on other.

Hmmm. It really depends. With my Infiltration Shadow, my first run, it seemed easy. With my Marksmanship Sniper I got my rear end handed to me. Curiously the first few encounters were even easier. But once you get to the encounter where you have to stay in melee you are in trouble. With my shadow it was a simple matter, I just taunted the opponents I wanted to deal with and took them down, while my companion stayed on the boss and used my hard stun. With my sniper it was difficult enough to resist the urge to commit suicide by using ranged attacks. That's not to say it isn't doable, but I have yet to figure out how.

Edited by Rabenschwinge

Did this today on my sent in record time but was given no award, here's how its done.

The first 3 bosses are obvious burns with your comp set to dps.

4Th have her attack the handler as dps and you attack the beast. Once yours is down help your comp

5th heals comp, burn all your cds and attack him, once he shields, interupt the guys making the shield and keep burning.

6Th okay, its tough, comp as heals, you have to attack the brawler first, build aggro and kite him to the other side. Once hes on that side focus on one beast. Save your adrenals, relics, boost, zen for burning.

7Th dps comp, you both attack ths sniper, avoid aoe, should burn her fairly quickly, hard part is staying alive after you kill her. The tank wants you bad. Save all your defense cds for this phase.

Last two are pure mechanical. Heals comp.

Edit

After 14 hours I finally did it without dying in 13.14 terminal to terminal

Edited by dherpin

Given im in full pve gear with bonuses, but this really doesnt make much difference. These are like mini-raid solo bosses. You need a little know how, and be able to do more than just stand there and punch a bag to death. Move away from circles, observe mechanics, and think.

Learn your class rotation and find optimal button placement. Thats what this really does - it separates the players that havent actually learned their class, from those who have optimized their rotations, button placement and situational awareness.

ladies and gentlemen - I present to you exhibit A - someone who doesn't really get it.

yes pve bonuses and optimized gear makes a difference. a HUGE difference. as does optimizing your rotation (and I don't mean just understanding your class - I mean optimizing rotation where you hit buttons faster, with no errors or gaps between button presses.. which is actualy not easy to do for most of us). otherwise leaderboard differences wouldn't be THAT significant, otherwise minmaxing would not be a thing.

its easy for you because your output is significantly higher than that of an average solo player.

and given that this championship is supposed to be, ostensibly balanced towards players in 200 quest gear (seeing as bosses drop 204 blues and gear you can buy with tokens is what.. 216?)

why is this a surprise that people are having trouble? and that includes people who ARE observing mechanics and ARE moving out of the circles.

in my personal opinion. either they need to rebalance the fights (specifically, reduce the damage you take from mechanics IMO, becasue right now margin for error for someone who doesn't dps quickly enough to be able to skip mechanics? is almost nonexistent)... or significantly improve rewards. becasue right now? its not even remotely worth spending additional time on once you get bowdaar. decorations are not even that great, legacy gear looks.. well I guess its a matter of taste, stated gear is worse that what you can get from crystal vendors with a LOT less effort and crystals.. well.. unless no one on your server crafts them.. I'd rather farm up the credits needed to buy them from a crafter if I wanted those colors. personaly

Edited by Jeweledleah

It's a tough fight so not sure why people are stating it's super easy ..

I'm not that much into swtor, but I played WoW back then for quite a time, I was a healer and dps for a long time, so it's fair to say I'm fairly experienced in these kind of MMOs.

As I said in this thread, I didn't read any guides, didn't watch any videos, and as a combat sentinel with 216 - 208 augmented gear and a lvl36 Lana companion I had to spend 100k+ creds on repair, so I died a lot.

I'm sure many people with 100+ hours min-maxing, spanking dummies and watching the arena fights (PTS) had a much-much easier time and then they come here to show off.

Providing a flame attempt does not serve well to prove a point. By making a personal attack, that actually derails your argument by making a fallicious attempt to begin your "opinion".

This is "OPTIONAL content" MMOs are not supposed to be "easy" - OPTIONAL

Contrary to popular opinion - this generation of gamers and peoples are NOT entitled to anything more than any other generation.

Take a moment to work through the content instead of expecting to log on and clear it all in 15 minutes without having to use the strongest muscle in your body.

Learn to play your characters and your rotations. There are such things as DPS checks. This is a simple pve "check" similar to what we have in operations.

Repeat this is "OPTIONAL" content. it is not required to move the story along or provide any specific benefit. Hence the challenge is there for those who wish to have a "challenge" as compared to rails.

Get it? Good. Move along these aren't the droids you are looking for. May the Force be with you!

Remember:

Anyone online can easily access the guides posted at fan sites such as dulfy. They are straightforward and will get you through this content. Internet connection is required last time I checked to play the game, so there ya go! Use a browser!

None of this is unbalanced content. if youve made it this far in KoTFE, the chance is likely you have some decent gear. The short term difference between 208, 216, 220 etc is not much especially when considering the presence of a companion.

Veterans will have an easier time, having 8 alts with full presence bonus, and full gear SHOULD be able to move through this content with ease, thats called common sense.

HK-55 says: You cant just walk into TFB NiM and expect to clear it in your first run now can you? Good! Don't expect to walk into an arena with low experience and expect to clear it either, and if you do, great! Preparation Master.

The tuning is fine, the numbers are NOT off. Simple as that.

Good luck all, and if you need tips...ask! That's what we are here for. Just remember to check Dulfy's guide and other's first, most questions are already answered to your deepest desires there.

*Note* Oh and for making personal attacks on the forums, there are reprecussions for that, especially when you attack a Star Wars Community Member that has been leading the community since 2003. (Well before SWTOR). Good luck with that.

Edited by Yespa

I'm not that much into swtor, but I played WoW back then for quite a time, I was a healer and dps for a long time, so it's fair to say I'm fairly experienced in these kind of MMOs.

As I said in this thread, I didn't read any guides, didn't watch any videos, and as a combat sentinel with 216 - 208 augmented gear and a lvl36 Lana companion I had to spend 100k+ creds on repair, so I died a lot.

I'm sure many people with 100+ hours min-maxing, spanking dummies and watching the arena fights (PTS) had a much-much easier time and then they come here to show off.

Im sorry you had that experience mate. Making generalizations though about experienced players doesnt actually work, my case in example. I never play on PTS and simply logged on with 220 gear and a high level companion. I dont bother with dummies, I know my rotations. Ive never read or looked up anything bout the championship. I cleared all 10 waves without dying once. Familiarity with your class is key, knowing the situation and the right buttons is epitimal to success. Having a bit of experience helps too, but honestly if you know how to raid, it shouldnt be that tough - practice makes perfect.

Good luck on next run through though!

This is supposed to be a bridge between noobs and ops. It's not too hard, it's just forces you to learn the mechanics. I could agree to a some point that maybe one fight could use a little nerf, but from bioware perspective, they wanted to give end gamers something too. But again for us, it's completely joke. Learn the mechanics and died twice on the first try, got the speed run achievement in the second and never gonna play again

That's all well and good except the fact of who this content is aimed at? as in my opinion it suffers from a identity crisis, I can't actually tell who this content is aimed at.

If its aimed at people for a bridge between noobs and ops fine but that idea is not really compatible with pure end gamers they are 2 different sub sects.

Im sorry you had that experience mate. Making generalizations though about experienced players doesnt actually work, my case in example. I never play on PTS and simply logged on with 220 gear and a high level companion. I dont bother with dummies, I know my rotations. Ive never read or looked up anything bout the championship. I cleared all 10 waves without dying once. Familiarity with your class is key, knowing the situation and the right buttons is epitimal to success. Having a bit of experience helps too, but honestly if you know how to raid, it shouldnt be that tough - practice makes perfect.

Good luck on next run through though!

Thanks, the difficulty for me was not not knowing my class or rotation, but to figure out mechanics. For example at one boss it was hard to figure out for me, that I have to kite around 2 mobs from the three, at the 2 champ boss I tried like 5 times killing the left one first til I figured out that I should kill the right one.

Once you know the tacs, they aren't that hard. Being a ranged class or having a lvl50 companion obviously helps a lot too. Personally I had problem with boss 6,7 and 10. (The guy with the 2 rancor, the 2 champs and the final boss last phase).

Edit: Oh and don't be sorry I had this kind of experience, my long wish became true to struggle through a solo fight in SW:ToR. :)

Edited by lilathrone

For sure!

I didnt even check the hints, but im pretty sure that the hints provided by the terminals before each fight could provide the unique insight needed to overcome the fight that is next.

Yes, learning the mechanics is the trickiest part, but for some more challenging than others. I design games, and can see the bioware predictability in mechanics so its just a tad bit easier to walk in and adapt than maybe for others.

Either way yea the guides are out there, and the hints are there too.

Cheers!

The biggest issue with Eternal Championship, as it is in almost every aspect of swtor, is class imbalance.

My pyrotech went through this and it was fairly straightforward. I died a few times, didn't read guides so had to learn on the go, some of them are very tricky. The final fight especially took me a few goes to get done.

However, on a marksman sniper I found it frustrating more than anything, its difficult to use half of the abilities in any of the fights because of the need to kite, be in melee range and so on. I got to nocturna on that one but it took so long that I didn't enjoy it. I doubt I'll try again on that toon at all.

Just noticed something - during the last boss fight, is your (healer) companion supposed to not move at all, or is this a bug or something? Doing this again, this time as an assassin tank, and I'm having trouble with Lokin not moving at all, so if I get out of his range, he just stands there and shoots at the walker, even though he's on heal mode. Only way to make him move is to switch him to switch him to passive, and then order him to attack again so he'll start healing me again.

The biggest issue with Eternal Championship, as it is in almost every aspect of swtor, is class imbalance.

My pyrotech went through this and it was fairly straightforward. I died a few times, didn't read guides so had to learn on the go, some of them are very tricky. The final fight especially took me a few goes to get done.

However, on a marksman sniper I found it frustrating more than anything, its difficult to use half of the abilities in any of the fights because of the need to kite, be in melee range and so on. I got to nocturna on that one but it took so long that I didn't enjoy it. I doubt I'll try again on that toon at all.

I don't recall many mentions of class imbalances on PTS, though the PTS was only as good as the people who tested it and if I recall correctly many of them were in very good gear and light level companions. I mean for me it was not worth downloading the whole PTS just to test out the stuff, I guess thats the biggest problem is that many people felt the same.

Just for this I am very happy to main a Balance Sage and it is the only toon I have done EC on, also the only toon I have bothered to do it.

The fights can be tough past the 6th tier but once you see the mechanics in action you can get past the challenges. Died once to Drake and Noc but after that it was more or less easy.

Sadly, EC seems to favor classes/specs that are mobile and can do damge on the move, cannot imagine doing this on a slinger...

My sage was 216 across the board with Lana at 50 influence, for the last few fights in heal role and it worked fine. Only used Unity and HM on the last 2 fights, but ppl forget about these 2 nifty "tools".

It was fun, a nice change and a good challenge overall so kudos to whoever designed this at Bioware but defo not something I will do each week. Not a collector to get all the decos and the gear is at best laughable considering sm ops have bolster and you can get better gear from them.

P.S.

If some1 wants to do it just remember everything that is at your disposal, get a single comp up as high as possible on influence and keep trying.

Sadly, EC seems to favor classes/specs that are mobile and can do damge on the move, cannot imagine doing this on a slinger...

Based on my two runs with marksmanship sniper and assassin tank, this would be my conclusion, too. Being able to attack at the same time as you're moving out of some circles or kiting something is a huge advantage.

I spent about 300k ( no joke ) on repairs yesterday trying to do this. I come to the forums and asked for help, I read the stuff at Duffy's site. I leveled up my companion affection from level 28 to 43, which didn't help much. No matter what I did I could not beat this. I could not get past the 7th fight. I was using my main, which is a vengeance jugg , in all 208/216 gear, fully augmented. I do not run group content, I do not run ops at all. Every time I have tried to run ops the people have been mean, hateful and insufferable. I am more of a casual player who has just now after 3 years of playing this game, just started trying out pvp.

For a casual player like me, this is just to hard. Maybe I don't get the mechanics, maybe it was my class. I am not sure. To get Bowdarr I asked in general for help running this. Someone who was having similar problems as me, teamed up with me in solo+ so we could finish it together and both get Bowdarr. I would advise anyone who has trouble to do the same before they quit trying this. I may try this on a different class like a sorc or pyrotech. One of the other classes that has good damage while mobile and range as well.

I spent about 300k ( no joke ) on repairs yesterday trying to do this. I come to the forums and asked for help, I read the stuff at Duffy's site. I leveled up my companion affection from level 28 to 43, which didn't help much. No matter what I did I could not beat this. I could not get past the 7th fight. I was using my main, which is a vengeance jugg , in all 208/216 gear, fully augmented. I do not run group content, I do not run ops at all. Every time I have tried to run ops the people have been mean, hateful and insufferable. I am more of a casual player who has just now after 3 years of playing this game, just started trying out pvp.

For a casual player like me, this is just to hard. Maybe I don't get the mechanics, maybe it was my class. I am not sure. To get Bowdarr I asked in general for help running this. Someone who was having similar problems as me, teamed up with me in solo+ so we could finish it together and both get Bowdarr. I would advise anyone who has trouble to do the same before they quit trying this. I may try this on a different class like a sorc or pyrotech. One of the other classes that has good damage while mobile and range as well.

As I said before I was never 100% sure who this content was aimed at.

I did state on the PTS test that they should have bolstered all gear to make gear irrelevant and someone suggested to remove the repair bills for EC as it sounds so far as if appart from Bowdaar its not going to be worth running at all.

I think half of the player base are only enjoying themselves because something is not easy while the other half bang their heads against a wall. I mean are you going to get your 300K back by doing EC? I doubt it.

As I said before I was never 100% sure who this content was aimed at.

I did state on the PTS test that they should have bolstered all gear to make gear irrelevant and someone suggested to remove the repair bills for EC as it sounds so far as if appart from Bowdaar its not going to be worth running at all.

I think half of the player base are only enjoying themselves because something is not easy while the other half bang their heads against a wall. I mean are you going to get your 300K back by doing EC? I doubt it.

This and the rewards are not really worth it for those that have the gear so I see after getting Bowdaar less people doing it except this week for the competition but even then not sure it is worth it if people are having to spend that much in repairs.

If this content was meant for those that have the gear and know their rotation then they succeeded in something but if it was for those that don't then they didn't from what I am hearing here and in game.

I know people in my guild that are not going to do after getting bowdaar as they not going to want to spend that kind of credits on repair. They would do it if they have some sort of rewards for groups as mostly in our guild we have friends and significant others that like to do things together but unfortunately that doesn't seem to be what bw is aiming for anymore. Most everything they do anymore is for solo (which is nice) and when they do throw in a group activity (like EC) they give no rewards at all but oh well .

I think those that have the gear and know their rotations will enjoy it but again that is going to be a small group.

Check you've got all the abilities enabled on the companion? In healer stance at 42 influence there is no way they should die that fast if at all.

When I did it my healer comp at 50 inf was able to more or less kite both the boss and a beast whilst I focused down one of the other beasts further away and would run over to the comp if I needed heals at any point.

All his abilities are turned on. I know the mobs all have buffs which increase their damage when more than one of their surrounding circles are overlapping, so I assume what happened was that Nico couldn't handle that kind of stacking buff for more than a few seconds. Are you saying that your companion can? It seems unlikely that Nico is bugged (but I suppose anything's possible), so I can't figure out what's going on. I don't know why mine went down so fast, but it happened three times in a row, so it wasn't a fluke. Do they hit harder at the beginning of the fight maybe?

When will I FINALLY learn that marksmanship sniper is not the ac and spec I want to bring into situations like this first? Half of the time, I felt that my worst enemy was "okay, now I'm gonna cast ambust - eeeexcept that red circle just appeared and instead of casting I have to run. Okay, I'll just cast it now...oooh, yellow stuff on to ground, better move again... Maybe I'll just spam my basic attack while I'm moving!".

That's my main and my spec and I'm too attached to it to want to change! :o Sometimes it really does feel like a major handicap though. I see a lot of people here saying they are having trouble with their snipers/gunslingers, especially on fight 6, so at least I'm not alone. This is why I always have the "instant charged burst when going into cover" utility on, in spite of some guides advising against it. It's the only way to be able to throw out a higher damage attack while still being semi-mobile. I can drop, shoot, and run.

I did state on the PTS test that they should have bolstered all gear to make gear irrelevant and someone suggested to remove the repair bills for EC as it sounds so far as if appart from Bowdaar its not going to be worth running at all..

The tutorial specifically states that there is no penalty for dying, so either that needs to be changed or that sentence taken out, because it is misleading. I do agree that repair costs discourage working on EC fights.

you don't get any of the influence until after you click "I've had enough fighting for today" option o nthe terminal that starts the rounds. THAT allows you to turn in the solo quest you picked up and gives you influence. then you can pick up that solo quest again, and redo one through 5 (or through 6 if you so wish) rinse repeat. which means that you can definitely get bowdaar even if you never get past boss 6.

It's possible that you can't gain any more influence this way after you reach rank 10 with Bowdaar. I never received any influence with him for turning in the solo quest after completing 5 fights and I was already at 10 when I started.

All his abilities are turned on. I know the mobs all have buffs which increase their damage when more than one of their surrounding circles are overlapping, so I assume what happened was that Nico couldn't handle that kind of stacking buff for more than a few seconds. Are you saying that your companion can? It seems unlikely that Nico is bugged (but I suppose anything's possible), so I can't figure out what's going on. I don't know why mine went down so fast, but it happened three times in a row, so it wasn't a fluke. Do they hit harder at the beginning of the fight maybe?

Those mobs can't be hurt unless weapons are fired within melee range. Nico is a ranged comp, as soon as he fires at them from outside the range he will die. The answer is to switch to a melee companion for that fight.

And yes, its another part that just hasn't been balanced between various classes and companion types.

Those mobs can't be hurt unless weapons are fired within melee range. Nico is a ranged comp, as soon as he fires at them from outside the range he will die. The answer is to switch to a melee companion for that fight.

And yes, its another part that just hasn't been balanced between various classes and companion types.

That must be what's going on. I was hoping that the few shots he takes while the mobs run towards him wouldn't be too bad (I tried to run as close to them as possible before telling him to attack) but it must be doing a number on him anyway. Unfortunately the only two companions I have with high influence are both ranged. Ugh. :( Thanks for the tip though. At least I know what to do next.

Edited by CloudCastle