The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

[Relic of Devastating Vengeance]Conditions where it may be best in slot

So, this thread had me think about something, and I wanted some feedback from the experts in the field.

Thanks to Bant's work we theorize that for dps and heal classes, Serendipitous Assault and Focused Retribution are best in slot at all gear tiers. I am not aware of any exceptions to this.

However, we also know that the power proc and mastery proc are wasted when you are level sync'ed, because Mastery and Power are capped.

Considering, though, that tertiary stats are not hit as hard with the nerf bat in the level sync downgrade, would it be superior to use DV for its crit bonus proc when fighting in the hardest of the level sync content, for instance NiM Pilgrim, Revanite Walker, the Ziost Worldbreaker Monolith, and the Ancient Threat? Does anyone know the answer to this?

Somewhat related, I once tried to find out the gear specifically for low-level content: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=850320 (though I didn't look at relics and stims)

The main advantage is additional Expertise (in case you're doing Open World PvP) and Defense Rating, though I agree with NikSunrider and Gyronamics that it is debatable whether it's worth building a separate gear set for it.

Edited by Jerba

It is BiS on certain classes... I think Watchman sent is actually one. I know either Rage or Vengeance Jugg is one (not sure which). But the difference is like 0.15%. Someone did the math just after 4.0 dropped, so it doesn't take into account the 4.0.3 nerfs.

IIRC it's Serendipitous Assault is the one it replaces, not Focused Retribution. Might be wrong on that.

~ Eudoxia

Edited by FlavivsAetivs

IIRC it's Serendipitous Assault is the one it replaces, not Focused Retribution. Might be wrong on that.

~ Eudoxia

So I was wondering if the best choice for the examples I gave in my OP would be DV and the clicky alacrity relic, Primeval Fatesealer, to replace SA and FR

I probably wouldn't try to get a whole separate pair of 224 unassembled relics just for those, but the crafted versions of the 220 relics aren't too difficult to craft and might be helpful for those four bosses (Revanite Walker, Worldbreaker Monolith, Ancient Threat, and Nightmare Pilgrim.) Yes, the extra crit on the token version of the relics and the larger proc make those best in slot, I guess, but its only 88 critical rating (between the two ultimate exarch and exarch mk-26) and 36 critical on the proc/12 alacrity on the on-use.

But I would imagine 600+ alacrity on use and 650+ critical proc does make a notable difference, especially for healers on fights like Ancient Threat.

Edited by phalczen