Don't leave!

UlaVii

I know a lot of you have been trying to decide if you should transfer to Red Eclipse or stay here. I'm sure I wasn't the only one that was shocked at their short-notice announcement that the 90CC price for server transfers is being increased to 1000 this Tuesday. With so little time it meant the final decision had to be made now instead of later.

I'm pleased to say that Stroke my Wookie are going to stay and we are going to do what we can to improve our server and try to draw more people here. Let the doomsayers leave to Red Eclipse, at least we won't have to listen to their death-cries in general chat anymore :p

I've spoken to several guild leaders since the price increase announcement and they all want to stay. That's over 1000 active accounts so the server is far from dead, it's just not as busy as Red Eclipse. We are in much better shape than a lot of the other servers.

If you want to stay then you are not alone. I'm hoping that by letting people on other servers know they have an alternative to RE that some of them come here and by improving the quality of life on our server we will be an attractive location for future players/transfers.

What about server merges?

Some of you have waited as you didn't want to leave your guild assets and people behind, hoping that server merges would be announced. Maybe they will be but our Overlords have remained silent on the issue and we can't keep planning things on what if's and maybes. I say stay here, let's wait it out and see what "amazing" idea they come up with next. In the meantime do everything we can to make our server appealing to those on other servers that are considering transferring.

How can we improve things on our server?

Earlier tonight I asked my officers and some guild members to assist me over the next few days by posting in the other server forums and fleet chats to say "If you're thinking of going to Red Eclipse then consider Tomb of Freedon Nadd instead". Why would they come? There are lots of reasons, use your imagination :)

My guilds contribution will be that over the next few months we will get back to running the various server events as these always drew people in from other servers and that was when it was 1800CC to transfer each way. This time instead of just advertising in our own forum, I'll advertise the events in the other server forums which will hopefully get more peoples attention.

I hate you and your guild, bunch of stoopid hairy savages!

Well then don't come to our events, run your own but please open them up so other people can join in. Post about it in this forum so people know where and when. Then when outsiders look here they will see that our server actually does have an active community. Lately it seems everybody is running fun things but focusing solely on their own guilds, I know I've been guilty of that ;)

What if they keep it at 90CC?

I'm still hoping they reverse their decision about the price increase which is still easy to do as it's only words in a forum post but even if it remains at 90CC Stroke my Wookie will stay here. Don't get me wrong, if I really think the server is dead then my guild will move but I believe we are far from that. I just hope they keep it at 90CC so it's easier for people to consider giving our server a go.

What if it doesn't work and we all end up trapped on a truly dead server?

Well between now and then you can save some CC and pay the 1k cost to transfer :rolleyes:

All this could change in an instant

Bioware seem to think we enjoy having major changes to our game lives dropped on us with no notice. The reality is that it makes planning anything out impossible.

All I know is that my guild and several others want to stay. We are not asking you to join our guilds but we are asking you to stay and help us. This is our server and we're going to fight to keep it alive :sy_consular:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What are the pros of staying? I can think of a bunch of pros of moving to TRE but almost none of actually staying.

In my opinion this will affect the casual player/guild member for the worse.

For some of the players transfering to other servers is not an option. Some may be f2p / preffered, some may not have CC or the ability to buy. All of those players will be stucked here if a guild decides to flee to a "promise land".

I would rather stay on a server with players that are trying to "fight" for it, engage in group activities - open world pvp (w/o any achivment benefits - just for fun ), GSF or pvp, rather then go to TRE and play with "more" players. I would rather choose quality over quantity.

In my oppinion there will be some changes regarding servers and i will rather bet on that event to happen rather then move and stop playing with lot of my curent friends.

p.s. Everyone pays the same ammount for 1 month. Thus they are free to take the best option that applies to them. For me and it seems my guild - that is to Stay and fight for ToFN.

YoyoXcamy @ SmW

U can't stop it. And peoples who stucked here for any other reasons will quit sooner or later. Welcome to #2 Bastion/POT 5 guys. Returning players will see only dead server. Or we can hope if SWTOR will be great again and TOFN can be fine. But tho it never happens. If u decided to continue playing going to healthfull server is a way to go.

They can't merge servers coz : 1. They can't transfer guilds and guild ships 2. Its a bad PR. They will laught and saying dat everything is fine.

Tho we will see a massively population drop this weekend coz transfer 90cc untill Tuesday.

Edited by helpmewin

I know a lot of you have been trying to decide if you should transfer to Red Eclipse or stay here. I'm sure I wasn't the only one that was shocked at their short-notice announcement that the 90CC price for server transfers is being increased to 1000 this Tuesday. With so little time it meant the final decision had to be made now instead of later.

I'm pleased to say that Stroke my Wookie are going to stay and we are going to do what we can to improve our server and try to draw more people here. Let the doomsayers leave to Red Eclipse, at least we won't have to listen to their death-cries in general chat anymore :p

I've spoken to several guild leaders since the price increase announcement and they all want to stay. That's over 1000 active accounts so the server is far from dead, it's just not as busy as Red Eclipse. We are in much better shape than a lot of the other servers.

If you want to stay then you are not alone. I'm hoping that by letting people on other servers know they have an alternative to RE that some of them come here and by improving the quality of life on our server we will be an attractive location for future players/transfers.

What about server merges?

Some of you have waited as you didn't want to leave your guild assets and people behind, hoping that server merges would be announced. Maybe they will be but our Overlords have remained silent on the issue and we can't keep planning things on what if's and maybes. I say stay here, let's wait it out and see what "amazing" idea they come up with next. In the meantime do everything we can to make our server appealing to those on other servers that are considering transferring.

How can we improve things on our server?

Earlier tonight I asked my officers and some guild members to assist me over the next few days by posting in the other server forums and fleet chats to say "If you're thinking of going to Red Eclipse then consider Tomb of Freedon Nadd instead". Why would they come? There are lots of reasons, use your imagination :)

My guilds contribution will be that over the next few months we will get back to running the various server events as these always drew people in from other servers and that was when it was 1800CC to transfer each way. This time instead of just advertising in our own forum, I'll advertise the events in the other server forums which will hopefully get more peoples attention.

I hate you and your guild, bunch of stoopid hairy savages!

Well then don't come to our events, run your own but please open them up so other people can join in. Post about it in this forum so people know where and when. Then when outsiders look here they will see that our server actually does have an active community. Lately it seems everybody is running fun things but focusing solely on their own guilds, I know I've been guilty of that ;)

What if they keep it at 90CC?

I'm still hoping they reverse their decision about the price increase which is still easy to do as it's only words in a forum post but even if it remains at 90CC Stroke my Wookie will stay here. Don't get me wrong, if I really think the server is dead then my guild will move but I believe we are far from that. I just hope they keep it at 90CC so it's easier for people to consider giving our server a go.

What if it doesn't work and we all end up trapped on a truly dead server?

Well between now and then you can save some CC and pay the 1k cost to transfer :rolleyes:

All this could change in an instant

Bioware seem to think we enjoy having major changes to our game lives dropped on us with no notice. The reality is that it makes planning anything out impossible.

All I know is that my guild and several others want to stay. We are not asking you to join our guilds but we are asking you to stay and help us. This is our server and we're going to fight to keep it alive :sy_consular:

In my honest opinion you are just being selfish here. (conquest reasons)

The best choice of action to do right now is to have all the players on the same server regardless of what title that server bears. You ask why? To put it in simple terms, a lot of players packed on the same server created a healthy economy faster queue on groupfinder/gsf/pvp/rwz. It is for the better of everyone and the game it self.

You by trying to stall / prevent these transfers pretty much are against a healthy environment. And here i have to emphasize for a greedy cause that you are doing this.

I do understand many guild player have doubts about transfer, mainly because losing some of the guild and their personal assets (chaacter names), but i'm speaking of experience here when i tell you the following little story here:

My guild NGE has been on TOFN since the start through good times and bad times. 6 months ago we hit a wall with the number of capable players on the server that we needed to enjoy the content we like. Literally months went by where we couldn't find a soul that didn't require excessive months of training to be able to be used for raids. We then decided to move to TRE as a final measure. Once we made it here all it took was a single day of advertisement on the fleet to get us over 20 applications. Overall this move that we made saved our guild from leaving this game and picking up another.

While i do understand that for the content Wookies are doing the standard is not as high as our expectations for players. They fail to see the big picture. No matter how hard you will try to make this server better, unless you provide a regular amount of fresh new players in to the mix it will not be healthy. People over time especially these days will leave the game due to the lack in end game content. And the new players so as the returning ones instinctively will go to the most populated server. (Economic flooding) Eventually your situation will be more dire than it is now, and then you will be faced with an expensive transfer to resolve your situation.

I'am not here to Encourage players to transfer to TRE don't get me wrong. I'm merely here to shine some light on the other side of the coin as well.

Edit: due note before this thread was created the last post ever made on TOFN forums were nearly 3 weeks old, if that tells you anything.

Edited by Xcurtx

I must say that Curt's post makes a lot of sense. I'm just afraid that this move by SMW is more like an act of stubbornness rather than a rational choice. In my opinion the complications of staying are far worse than moving. Sure players will be left behind, but like has been said, a transfer is not only better for the guild, it's better for the game too. It kinda feels like you are ignoring the inevitable. ToFN is only going to get worse during the summer in my opinion, and by the time BW actually going to do something we are probably gonna have a dead server for several months, maybe even a year.

Whether you play PvP, raid, casual player, GSF or whatever you would benfit from a transfer. The only people who would suffer are the players who rarely play the game anyway. I'd say the majority would benefit. It does come out as selfish indeed - just the way I interpret the post.

Although Curt comes up with some understandable arguments, i completely disagree on the part "being selfish".

This has nothing to do with a selfish decision. Knowing the Wookies, it would only be a great challenge to try and conquer conquest on TRE. It's not about conquest. It's about keeping a great server alive. It's another call out to other guilds to organize and join great server wide events. It's another call out to other guilds saying: let's stand strong together and convince people to actually come to ToFN instead of TRE so we all survive whatever Bioware will be throwing at us.

It's also about going down challenge road instead of easy road. We could all go to TRE and say "we submit". Let's submit to server lag that is not being fixed. Let's submit to not receiving decent server merges. Let's submit to leave our history behind, our stories, our memories, our accomplishments. Let's submit to start "all over again". And how many times are people going to submit to doing that over and over again?

Let's not submit! Let us say, we stand here! Let us say we organize, we stand together and we stand strong. And IF there should be an invisible force leading everyone to a specific place or server, let it be merged accordingly. Until then, how about grow some big *********** balls and do whatever it takes to save this great server of ours. So to Curt and your great NGE guild, but also to every great guild (small or big) out there: tell everyone to gather and join ToFN instead. And drag everyone with you that feels like making a stand. Because we all are not so easy to submit!

Although Curt comes up with some understandable arguments, i completely disagree on the part "being selfish".

This has nothing to do with a selfish decision. Knowing the Wookies, it would only be a great challenge to try and conquer conquest on TRE. It's not about conquest. It's about keeping a great server alive. It's another call out to other guilds to organize and join great server wide events. It's another call out to other guilds saying: let's stand strong together and convince people to actually come to ToFN instead of TRE so we all survive whatever Bioware will be throwing at us.

It's also about going down challenge road instead of easy road. We could all go to TRE and say "we submit". Let's submit to server lag that is not being fixed. Let's submit to not receiving decent server merges. Let's submit to leave our history behind, our stories, our memories, our accomplishments. Let's submit to start "all over again". And how many times are people going to submit to doing that over and over again?

Let's not submit! Let us say, we stand here! Let us say we organize, we stand together and we stand strong. And IF there should be an invisible force leading everyone to a specific place or server, let it be merged accordingly. Until then, how about grow some big *********** balls and do whatever it takes to save this great server of ours. So to Curt and your great NGE guild, but also to every great guild (small or big) out there: tell everyone to gather and join ToFN instead. And drag everyone with you that feels like making a stand. Because we all are not so easy to submit!

A server is mere hardware, the environment is what is created by players. You can create that environment anywhere again it does not matter what server bears what title. it could have ended up with everyone going to TOFN not TRE. However it didn't. And the 'stand' that you are taking is not helping it's harming. In the long run you will just be alienating your friends / guildies from the game as they're forced to play on an empty server with no life, ridiculous prices on gtn, and several hours worth of queue times on groupfinder functions. Maybe a few months from now i'll be able to say ' I told you so', we'll just have to see about that part.

Anyway i said what i wanted may the readers of this thread decide on their own accord not due to an external influence.

It's great that you offer access to the hardest raid-based achievements and gear to people that couldn't get them otherwise but the fact is you only help people that pay you and you just have to consider the small number of people that profit in your raid team. I'm sure I'm not the only one that read your posts and thought "he only wants people to transfer so he has more customers" :p

A server is mere hardware, the environment is what is created by players

Exactly why I did not reach my decision easily. I have to consider hundreds of people within my own guild and their connections to the people outside. They are not just a member count, they are people that I know and feel responsible for. With the incredibly short notice they gave us there is no way we could move even 75% of our guild in time and I'm just not willing to abandon the rest. We have loads of active players who have already spent all their monthly CC plus we also have people on holidays and work trips who have no chance. We are not forcing anybody to stay, if people want to transfer then they can. I am just asking them to stay and encourage others to do the same.

You call me selfish based on the decision you assume I made on my own. It is true that I chose a path I felt was right but when I presented it to a conclave of over 20 officers and esteemed members they unanimously decided to stay. So that means you are calling my guilds and the other guilds decision to stay selfish.

If you look at our track history you will see that we are one of the most giving guilds in the game. We run events that help hundreds, by now thousands of players achieve things they could not do themselves or within their own guilds. Even before the 90CC cost we had people that would temporarily transfer to ToFN for the events. Apart from a few paid nights on Hateful Entity we have never asked for anything in return and the credits we did make on those nights were then given out as prizes and rewards for people on our other events.

Running the events on Red Eclipse and helping so many more people was and definitely still is a super tantalising thought but to do that I have to give up on the people here and me and my officers are not willing to do that.

I pleaded with our self appointed "Guild Point of Contact" Tait Watson via email and received no response. I wrote in all the threads I thought would grab the managements attention to do mergers. I was even one of the fabled few that was online when the "complimentary" transfer screen was live so imagine my excitement at seeing it and thinking mergers were really here.

Obviously I am furious/upset at the devs/managements total silence on the server merge issue but what are we to do? I wanted to be all "put your bodies on the gears" but the reality is that this is a game and our only source of protest is refusing to pay our subscriptions. But then we end up disconnected from the thing we want to play. Clearly the decision makers know this fact which is why they feel they can treat us all in the appalling way they do.

Cool new items like the Weapon Tunings should be things we look forward to but when they ignore the hundreds of people in their forums asking/pleading/begging for mergers and then write some bollocks about their latest "ignore the problem, look over here instead" gimmick it simply serves to infuriate people. They wonder why people are so venomous and it is directly because of their own lack of action. We get that there are bugs and oversights but it's the lack of communication that really does the damage. I can't express how furious I am that they have let things carry on to this point.

Anyhow, I detract.

The other guild leaders I spoke with felt the same. We don't want to abandon our guild members and at least for now we are self sufficient and willing to work towards a better server. So that brings us back to the final decision, stay or go, fight or flight. You made your choice but the rest of us refuse to abandon our guild members and community so if we're going to stay then we need to work hard to help our server. We know this path could lead to destruction but I for one see that as motivation to work harder.

Don't get me wrong, I do believe that a merge is the best solution and it would save me and the rest a whole lot of time and effort however the server isn't dead just yet and hopefully we'll survive until they merge us. If I see my guild members suffering with no chance of improvement then of course I will initiate a mass move but for now we'll do what we can to keep the server alive :)

It's great that you offer access to the hardest raid-based achievements and gear to people that couldn't get them otherwise but the fact is you only help people that pay you and you just have to consider the small number of people that profit in your raid team. I'm sure I'm not the only one that read your posts and thought "he only wants people to transfer so he has more customers" :p

Exactly why I did not reach my decision easily. I have to consider hundreds of people within my own guild and their connections to the people outside. They are not just a member count, they are people that I know and feel responsible for. With the incredibly short notice they gave us there is no way we could move even 75% of our guild in time and I'm just not willing to abandon the rest. We have loads of active players who have already spent all their monthly CC plus we also have people on holidays and work trips who have no chance. We are not forcing anybody to stay, if people want to transfer then they can. I am just asking them to stay and encourage others to do the same.

You call me selfish based on the decision you assume I made on my own. It is true that I chose a path I felt was right but when I presented it to a conclave of over 20 officers and esteemed members they unanimously decided to stay. So that means you are calling my guilds and the other guilds decision to stay selfish.

If you look at our track history you will see that we are one of the most giving guilds in the game. We run events that help hundreds, by now thousands of players achieve things they could not do themselves or within their own guilds. Even before the 90CC cost we had people that would temporarily transfer to ToFN for the events. Apart from a few paid nights on Hateful Entity we have never asked for anything in return and the credits we did make on those nights were then given out as prizes and rewards for people on our other events.

Running the events on Red Eclipse and helping so many more people was and definitely still is a super tantalising thought but to do that I have to give up on the people here and me and my officers are not willing to do that.

I pleaded with our self appointed "Guild Point of Contact" Tait Watson via email and received no response. I wrote in all the threads I thought would grab the managements attention to do mergers. I was even one of the fabled few that was online when the "complimentary" transfer screen was live so imagine my excitement at seeing it and thinking mergers were really here.

Obviously I am furious/upset at the devs/managements total silence on the server merge issue but what are we to do? I wanted to be all "put your bodies on the gears" but the reality is that this is a game and our only source of protest is refusing to pay our subscriptions. But then we end up disconnected from the thing we want to play. Clearly the decision makers know this fact which is why they feel they can treat us all in the appalling way they do.

Cool new items like the Weapon Tunings should be things we look forward to but when they ignore the hundreds of people in their forums asking/pleading/begging for mergers and then write some bollocks about their latest "ignore the problem, look over here instead" gimmick it simply serves to infuriate people. They wonder why people are so venomous and it is directly because of their own lack of action. We get that there are bugs and oversights but it's the lack of communication that really does the damage. I can't express how furious I am that they have let things carry on to this point.

Anyhow, I detract.

The other guild leaders I spoke with felt the same. We don't want to abandon our guild members and at least for now we are self sufficient and willing to work towards a better server. So that brings us back to the final decision, stay or go, fight or flight. You made your choice but the rest of us refuse to abandon our guild members and community so if we're going to stay then we need to work hard to help our server. We know this path could lead to destruction but I for one see that as motivation to work harder.

Don't get me wrong, I do believe that a merge is the best solution and it would save me and the rest a whole lot of time and effort however the server isn't dead just yet and hopefully we'll survive until they merge us. If I see my guild members suffering with no chance of improvement then of course I will initiate a mass move but for now we'll do what we can to keep the server alive :)

1 I don't need more costumers nor is the reason i made my post here. Those that want what we're offering will pay the price to come to us regardless of where we are. (Talking from experience during last year summer sales on ToFN we had customers from every single EU server)

2 Server merges at this point and possibly in the future are impossible. They have no means of transfering guilds, flagships, legacy bays. And that is the sole reason they won't do. I.E.: NA servers POT5 and Jung Ma. prime time 20-100 people online both factions combined, on the entire server, not just the fleet, on every possible instance.(And has been like that for 1.5 years now) Simply put it they don't care.

3 Good luck with your Sisyphean task i honestly do hope you succeed.

Edited by Xcurtx

Wookies and their players are of course free to make their own choice whether to move or not to, currently prices are 90 CC per character to move from one server to another, a price which will be increased to 1000 CC per character and server transfer this Tuesday. Already, guilds like

1. Mint Imperials
  2. Honour
  3. Outbreak
  4. Vodka & Balalayka
  5. The Black Forge
  6. Not Good Enough
  7. Ruthless
  8. Righteous
  9. Retribution
  10. Ix Kohorta
  11. Sith Brotherhood
  12. Eternal Serenity
  13. Breakthrough

have moved from ToFN to TRE, and that is only the names I have seen around fleet, I am sure many more have moved as well but managed to avoid me seeing them. Why I mentioned the price increase for moving server is just so you all know what if you are not moving now, later on it will be more than ten times more expensive. Sure, for now ToFN might feel fine, if you are only doing solo content like the chapters, or lucky enough to be in Wookies, you have some guildmates to do content with. But the situation is clear, the server is depopulating and I hope for your own sake that you won't regret this decision.

Edited by RikuvonDrake

But the situation is clear, the server is depopulating and I hope for your own sake that you won't regret this decision.

That sentence is so interesting. "The server is depopulating". I read that sentence in multiple threads in multiple posts. Like "it" has an own life. The server is populated by people who can make decisions. Guilds are a thriving force for a server, because they have the power to organize really big events if those guilds collaborate with each other. Which makes people who are not in a guild say "hey what is going on on this server, this is awesome!" And perhaps they will even join a guild, because they also want to be part of events that are organized just for a guild.

What i am saying here is: it's people making decisions, not the server. Depopulating servers are the result of choices being made by people. Those same people could also make the decision to stay or join on ToFN because there are other people there that are willing to organize great server wide events. So everyone can have a lot of fun.

But instead of taking responsibility for the fun of everyone (so also people who are not in a guild), i read a lot of arguments that benefit the specific guild particularly. It's a process of creation, but instead everyone runs away with their tales between their legs, afraid of what is to come, instead of creating something unique.

It's not a server decision. It's a decision made by human beings.

I see you edited your post Samwilks, you do know the original is still sent via mail when you make it so I saw what you said about my guild. So let's deal with what you really think about us:

Stroke my wookie a guild with a total lack of ambiton.

You constantly go for the the planets in conquest with the smallest least competetive guilds in it which just shows your unwillingness to try for a challenge. you want people to stay, why should they? Guilds like you are ruining any conquest chances for smaller guilds. I do agree however that TOFN players need to start getting together and making some events. something ambitous. perhaps even a server wide PvP tournament.

Conquest

Obviously the system is going to favor larger guilds but if you actually studied the conquest history then you would see that we do everything we can to help small guilds take planets. Sure we push on planets that the guild is missing like Yavin 4 this week but that is because we have people that want the title+achievement. We have always allowed people to temporarily join us that want these things on any week. For a long long time whenever we had a multi-million point lead I would travel to every planet multiple times a week to let people know they can still get the title just as I have been doing today for people that want the Yavin 4 rewards.

We have had rather tough CQ challenges in the past and I'm sure we will in the future. We have always done our best to rise to any challenge. You say that by us even participating in the conquest we are forcing little guilds to leave the server. I don't follow your logic. How much better do you think they are going to fair on Red Eclipse?

Don't get hung up on it, the conquest system is just one tiny part of the game. I'd focus more on having an active and well running guild and then the CQ score becomes a reflection of that.

Events

I would love to say to my guild "XYZ guild is running a server event to do ABC at this time and date" but so far I have not been given that opportunity.

Sure we do most of our events in-guild but that is a perk of being in our guild plus a lot of the one-off events are tests to see how they do before scaling up to server-wide. People in my guild know this as they usually hear me muttering during events about how little details could be tweaked this way or that.

Running Game - Screenshot 1 Screenshot 2

An example from last week was our first Running Game. Run through cleared raid instances as fast as you can, "accidents" encouraged! The concept was ok but there were a few things I didn't like about it so probably not going to do that one server-wide. The big thing I didn't like was that it's hard to scale. We can only have 16 in the instance and whilst we could run multiple races either back-to-back or in parallel it just feels too fiddly.

Some other events we have run server wide, all of them several times, helping hundreds of people:

The House Party - Screenshot

50 in your stronghold achievements

PvP Massacre - Screenshot 1 Screenshot 2

Organised murder across every planet on both factions, completing every locations PvP achievements

Base Invaders - Screenshot 1 Screenshot 2

Destroying base defenses across every planet on both factions for the achievements

Datacron Teleports - Screenshot 1 Screenshot 2

We teleported people to every datacron on both factions plus we have done the most requested like Fleet+10 and the Rishi 4 countless times. This helped improve peoples stats across the server which I should of boosted all areas.

Starfighter Flight Academy & Fight Nights - Screenshot

We used to run a weekly GSF night in collaboration with 3 other guilds but they had trouble getting enough ppl to keep it going so instead of struggling to keep it running we ended it and just encourage ppl to q normally. I run the Flight Academy classes to teach people the basics to get them into flying. I've been mega slacking with those since my focus has been elsewhere.

We do run a (mostly) monthly 1v1 PvP Tournament but it is for guild members only Screenshot 1 Screenshot 2. I'm not interested in running a server wide event for this as I can't be bothered dealing with the issues that will bring, I'd rather just enjoy it :)

I don't get paid for the time I spend organising and running these events. I just wanted to help as many people as possible and thought these events would be fun for all. I do have plans for future server events but I want to wait and see what is going to happen with ToFN first. In the meantime I am focusing on my own guild but we're still conceiving and testing things for when we're ready to open the doors on the next server event we run.

I am not stopping anybody else running an event, I wish they did. If you want my guild to join in then shoot me a message and I'll consider our involvement.

Instead of saying my guild is **** because we aren't doing enough for our server you should be asking yourself what you can do to help.

UlaVii, I don't think anyone in their right mind would claim that you and your guild are not doing good things for your server. In the end, this argument according to many of us is more about trying to center the European player base on one server for everyone's gain. However, with the recent increase of transfer character prices I think we can kinda claim this discussion to be over, way less people will move, I wish both you guys at ToFN the best and hope you can have the same approach to us on TRE :)

Sorry for the delayed reply, been working on-site for a couple of days and then went out last night for a friends leaving party. Woke up this morning expecting to feel mega hungover but felt fine. Then 2 hours later the headache kicked in, sneaky bugger!

In the past I have stuck with the ToFN forum and in-game fleet/planet chat. Depends what we're doing. If it's Makeb or Rishi datacrons then normally just shout out in fleet/planet chat. We ask guild members to let us know when they have collected the piggy datapackets on Rishi and then we have 2-3 days advertising. That entirely depends on if the datapacket farmer minds waiting.

In the past I stayed away from posting events in the general forum as I figured it was something for people on ToFN but moving forwards I will start posting a copy of event invites there. I expecting the usual mix, ppl from both factions here and then some travelers from other servers that will transfer for the event and leave afterwards. Some might might stay or at least leave a character over here. I don't mind either way at this point, at least they come and enjoy themselves, more the merrier :)