Current Exploit Action

EricMusco

I'm pretty sure the banning has been completed for the most part so I think you're good. I also checked on my account this morning as I sold an Unstable dualsaber for 10 mil (also transferred a bunch of credits from my alts to main). Granted, if you suddenly get an email containing a bunch of credits for no reason, I would just report it and leave it alone. Still a dev. response stating we can use the GTN again without worry, would be reassuring.

Maybe they should close the GTN down for awhile until this gets sorted out... Just a thought and if people get these exploits in the mail while the GTN is closed it'd make it easier to report them and get them banned...

Add-on: I mean if you think about it that makes sense, why would you be getting credits if the GTN is down? Course the exploiters would probably stop if they knew the GTN was done cause they are actual people not literal "bots".

Edited by DarthEnrique

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, the best thing is to NOT BUY any cartel coins, for anything , cause buying cartel coins to buy in game items and to sell them to make a profit is currently a bad thing?

Okay, got it.

Well if you're not buying them for your own personal use and posting them on the GTN for expensive prices then yeah it's an exploitation. You're milking people for credits with something that could get Bioware money if those people would go and buy the Cartel Coins themselves and you are using it for your own personal gain... Just saying... Especially if they are still currently available on Cartel Market, I mean you're pretty much taking money away from Bioware not letting people buy currently available Cartel Market items themselves.... Again just saying...

Add-on: If you are only selling the item at 200k or less where people who are f2p and preferred with a credit limit then I wouldn't say your exploiting but if you're higher then their credit limit you are cause most people who are f2p of this game are minors and are potential future subscribers, so you shouldn't be making it difficult for them and making them not want to play the game cause they can't get an item that's currently available on the Cartel Market cause someone's putting it beyond their credit limit.

Edited by DarthEnrique

Well if you're not buying them for your own personal use and posting them on the GTN for expensive prices then yeah it's an exploitation. You're milking people for credits with something that could get Bioware money if those people would go and buy the Cartel Coins themselves and you are using it for your own personal gain... Just saying... Especially if they are still currently available on Cartel Market, I mean you're pretty much taking money away from Bioware not letting people buy currently available Cartel Market items themselves.... Again just saying...

Add-on: If you are only selling the item at 200k or less where people who are f2p and preferred with a credit limit then I wouldn't say your exploiting but if you're higher then their credit limit you are cause most people who are f2p of this game are minors and are potential future subscribers, so you shouldn't be making it difficult for them and making them not want to play the game cause they can't get an item that's currently available on the Cartel Market cause someone's putting it beyond their credit limit.

Exploit-generated credits aside...

If someone is willing to spend 50 mil pixel-credits on a fugly lightsaber that looks like a bedazzled Maglight, then the person who sells it to them is not exploiting them.

If Bioware only makes that fugly lightsaber available as an ultra-rare drop from RNG Crates, then the people who resell them on GTN are providing a service by allowing others to skip RNG Crates and get the damn item they want.

This does suck for the people who would have to game for many weeks to get enough credits to buy that fugly lightsaber on GTN at that price, but short of removing GTN or instituting some sort of price cap, the people who have more credits than wisdom are always going to put certain items out of the reach of everyone else.

Edited by Max_Killjoy

omg they unlock my account and i have all the money and all mi things back i'm glad that they can sort the players who cheat from those ho play fear.

thank you star wars.

I appreciate you coming back and letting us all know that the appeal process actually works.

omg they unlock my account and i have all the money and all mi things back i'm glad that they can sort the players who cheat from those ho play fear.

thank you star wars.

That's a relief.

I cringe every time there's a "crackdown" because of cases like yours -- glad to hear you got quick resolution.

Just saying, but you need to learn a bit how things work, because you are all confused as to the reality of the situation...

No, you're NOT taking money away from Bioware, and if you think you are, then you simply don't understand the situation.

Again, just saying...

So the good news is, making money on other toons, then sending the money made to one toon in particular is OK ? One of my toons is the end all armorer of my bunch who browses the GTN for armor sets for cheap {my limit is 650K per set AT THE MOST} The money made on my other toons I send to my armorer toon in order to buy armor sets for my other toons and newly created toons.

If this is not OK then I will stop doing it, but I see it said so far that it is alright for me to continue ? If things have changed please let me know, mucho thanks!

if Bioware would just let people buy credits for real money like you can buy cc all this wouldnt happen. Instead of giving money to gold sellers Bioware would get the money and that would completely remove gold sellers. I personnaly have a lot of money and would spend it on credits.

No, if gold sellers sell gold 5 times cheaper than Bioware people will still go to gold sellers ... maybe a few less. Nice idea though.

Just saying, but you need to learn a bit how things work, because you are all confused as to the reality of the situation...

No, you're NOT taking money away from Bioware, and if you think you are, then you simply don't understand the situation.

Again, just saying...

Well clearly Bioware doesn't agree I don't know when people are gonna get it through their heads that Bioware is banning people who are selling stuff at outrageous prices innocent or not because their outrageous high prices are a contributing factor in why there's a credit exploit, don't be mad at me people can't gouche players anymore, you all did that to yourselves, what goes around comes around, clearly no one understands what that means, your screwing other players and causing credit exploits you are part of the problem so now you're getting your just deserts.

Don't blame me for Bioware finally doing their damn job. Kudos to you Bioware now maybe we'll start seeing decent prices on the GTN again. Keep up the good work!

Well clearly Bioware doesn't agree I don't know when people are gonna get it through their heads that Bioware is banning people who are selling stuff at outrageous prices innocent or not because their outrageous high prices are a contributing factor in why there's a credit exploit, don't be mad at me people can't gouche players anymore, you all did that to yourselves, what goes around comes around, clearly no one understands what that means, your screwing other players and causing credit exploits you are part of the problem so now you're getting your just deserts.

Don't blame me for Bioware finally doing their damn job. Kudos to you Bioware now maybe we'll start seeing decent prices on the GTN again. Keep up the good work!

I doubt BW gives even a single tiny damn about what prices are on GTN -- this has nothing to do with targeting high price sellers for the sake of targeting high price sellers.

I doubt BW gives even a single tiny damn about what prices are on GTN -- this has nothing to do with targeting high price sellers for the sake of targeting high price sellers.

Be in denial all you want not my problem. I see it for what it is Bioware is tired of credit exploits they know a contributing factor for these credit exploits is people posting high priced items on the GTN . Is it my fault it was a contributing factor? No. So take your anger out on me all you want you'll be talking to a wall from here on out. I'm just glad Bioware's finally putting a stop to it. So again Kudos to Bioware for trying to end this exploit and trying to show players why it's happening by banning high price sellers who are contributing to the problem. Keep up the good work Bioware.

You mean there were stuff {armor sets, dye modules, weapons, etc} cheaper then 7 million credits ? I mean come on, I go to GTN to get armor sets from old packs people try to sell, but asking 60mil+ for a armor set is really pushing it. It'd take me years to even get that much credits alone!

Be in denial all you want not my problem. I see it for what it is Bioware is tired of credit exploits they know a contributing factor for these credit exploits is people posting high priced items on the GTN . Is it my fault it was a contributing factor? No. So take your anger out on me all you want you'll be talking to a wall from here on out. I'm just glad Bioware's finally putting a stop to it. So again Kudos to Bioware for trying to end this exploit and trying to show players why it's happening by banning high price sellers who are contributing to the problem. Keep up the good work Bioware.

So you think that the high prices cause the exploits? :confused:

This guy and his "GTN prices are too high, people are ripping us off!" rant again ... classic. ;)

This guy and his "GTN prices are too high, people are ripping us off!" rant again ... classic. ;)

It's not a rant it's the truth, and sorry to burst people's bubbles but I'm NOT the only player who feels that overpricing is killing the game for them, my boyfriend has complained about it to me, my best friend has complained about it to me, my sister, who doesn't even play this game, thinks it's wrong, and she's an MMOer more then I am and she absolutely refused to come anywhere near this game cause of how bad it is when she's found more user-friendly MMOs, and I've heard more in the game then in this forum but I guess those just don't feel like coming on here and getting scrutinized, harassed, down right degraded, trolled, and completely distressed by a nonuser-friendly forum, wow so many terms of service broken there.

I'm sorry if you guys feel like you're doing nothing wrong but it does appear that more people think as I do more then you guys may know. Isn't there a saying about if one person thinks or feels a certain way about something the likelihood is there are others? Just cause I speak out against it doesn't mean I'm the only one. Anyone ever think I'm voicing other people's opinions as well as my own? Oh wait that's not at all possible. Sorry you're ruining the game for people. Again it's not my fault. Oh well, you'll all get yours in the end as they say.... I'm done for the night. I don't have time to talk to people who don't think before they speak. Night night.

Edited by DarthEnrique

It's not a rant it's the truth, and sorry to burst people's bubbles but I'm NOT the only player who feels that overpricing is killing the game for them, my boyfriend has complained about it to me, my best friend has complained about it to me, my sister, who doesn't even play this game, thinks it's wrong, and she's an MMOer more then I am and she absolutely refused to come anywhere near this game cause of how bad it is when she's found more user-friendly MMOs, and I've heard more in the game then in this forum but I guess those just don't feel like coming on here and getting scrutinized, harassed, down right degraded, trolled, and completely distressed by a nonuser-friendly forum, wow so many terms of service broken there.

I'm sorry if you guys feel like you're doing nothing wrong but it does appear that more people think as I do more then you guys may know. Isn't there a saying about if one person thinks or feels a certain way about something the likelihood is there are others? Just cause I speak out against it doesn't mean I'm the only one. Anyone ever think I'm voicing other people's opinions as well as my own? Oh wait that's not at all possible. Sorry you're ruining the game for people. Again it's not my fault. Oh well, you'll all get yours in the end as they say.... I'm done for the night. I don't have time to talk to people who don't think before they speak. Night night.

I don't "play the GTN". I don't like the high prices.

I'm just not going to pretend that they cause exploits... or that there's something inherently evil about people charging what some other people will pay, even if I think anyone paying 50 mil for a bedazzled maglight is a bit daft.

Edited by Max_Killjoy

I don't "play the GTN". I don't like the high prices.

I'm just not going to pretend that they cause exploits... or that there's something inherently evil about people charging what some other people will pay, even if I think anyone paying 50 mil for a bedazzled maglight is a bit daft.

I do play the GTN , and I do agree with your statement regarding causation.

This exploit was a bit different, which is probably all I can say about it here, but the usual sites can provide more context for anyone curious.

Prices on the GTN be they high or low or absurdly so in either direction are NOT causing exploits. It's a free market economy in a virtual sense and while it is possible to see some flash absurdity in such a market when something is wrong (as in this recent case) it is not actual valid free market price ranges that are at fault in any way.

The GTN is simply one of number of possible instruments in game to attempt to launder ill gotten credits, or muddy up the waters to make it easier to hide. Guild banks, mail, trade, gifting, etc. are all equally possible methods to either launder or muddy the trail, or try to commit some other violation of ToS.

On the plus side.. for us as players... the GTN is actually the best visibility port hole into anything irregular, which in turn means we can report what we see directly to the studio and maybe get an exploit squelched sooner rather then later. So I actually see the GTN as an enabler for detection and reporting by players in some cases which can expedite a solution.

Yeah, we need to put a cap on these insane credit amounts people have. It doesn't matter if they have been playing the game for years and earned it all through crafting, or playing the GTN. It is causing undo distress on the rest of the player base.

Down with capitalism!

You DO NOT NEED those over priced items, they are vanity. Thus there is no rip off, having items you don't need at a price you PERSONALLY can't afford doesn't kill the game.

Someone paid REAL money for them to get on to the GTN for you to pay NOT REAL money to buy. There is no such thing then as a "rip off" ... stop being so alzy and acting so entitled and work for your vanity items or pay REAL cash like the people who put them there.

I'm sorry if you guys feel like you're doing nothing wrong but it does appear that more people think as I do more then you guys may know.

Second thread you've had a whinge fest and still very few people supporting your view at all ... in fact more seem to disagree with you and think you're just whinging and should suck it up and work for what you want like everyone else it would seem.

Isn't there a saying about if one person thinks or feels a certain way about something the likelihood is there are others?

There are always people who have a sense of self entitlement in the world ... they unfortunately can't be avoided some times. Doesn't make them right or their whinging any less whiney.

Just cause I speak out against it doesn't mean I'm the only one. Anyone ever think I'm voicing other people's opinions as well as my own? Oh wait that's not at all possible. Sorry you're ruining the game for people. Again it's not my fault. Oh well, you'll all get yours in the end as they say.... I'm done for the night. I don't have time to talk to people who don't think before they speak. Night night.

Form your following then ... lets see this revolution! Heh ... you're funny. ;)

considering how easy and fast it is to make credits right now through regular gameplay - no exploits needed? inflation is first and foremost caused by easy credits coupled with virtually no viable credit sinks. what few credit sinks we DO have left? are negligible. vendor decorations that are sold for credits are ridiculously cheap. I have just found yesterday, that cost of installing augment kits was actualy lowered post crafting changes/creation of mk9 kits. training is now free. pulling mods still costs a bit, but with introduction of appearance tab and its very marginal unlock/"save item" costs - its not nearly as commonly done (not to mention with no new ops - fewer and fewer people are running content that calls for that kind of minmaxing in a first place)

good looking decorations/armors/etc on vendors? predominantly require event currency - currency that can only be aquired through event participation.. which generates even more credits into the world. I used to be that person who was content to have about 200k per character. now all my characters are sitting on several million and I'm not even really trying. I'm just getting it through questing - going through the story line

and we are wondering why GTN prices are so high? they merely reflect overabundance of credits out in a world and not all of that overabundance was created through exploits.

and the funniest thing is.. people actualy complain about 6% GTN fee. how unfair it is. dear maker....

P.S. people keep bringing up "usual sites" I don't know what you all are referring to - google gives me nothing current. no I'm not interested in actualy participating in exploits, but rather I would like to know what to avoid. I'm thinking I narrowly escaped issues with this one, seeing as I predominantly use "select all" button for gathering/deleting mail and the only mails that get opened individually are story related ones.

You mean there were stuff {armor sets, dye modules, weapons, etc} cheaper then 7 million credits ? I mean come on, I go to GTN to get armor sets from old packs people try to sell, but asking 60mil+ for a armor set is really pushing it. It'd take me years to even get that much credits alone!

depending on how many high level characters you have? more like couple of weeks or less. the more alts you could do dailies/weeklies on, the faster it will go.

Edited by Jeweledleah

Regarding credit sinks, I think it might be a good idea to introduce something into the game that is desirable but costs a ton of credits to purchase. A Manaan Mansion for example, that costs maybe 200,000,000 credits to purchase and unlock all rooms. Or a couple light sabers or mounts that go for tens of millions.

Throw some stuff into the game that will encourage rich players to dump credits into credit sinks.

Edited by Aeneas_Falco

depending on how many high level characters you have? more like couple of weeks or less. the more alts you could do dailies/weeklies on, the faster it will go.

Just two, a start at 60 and one I grinded with because i loved the storyline so much I just kept going, out of 8 toons only the start at 60 and the one I worked with the most are at level 65, my next highest level is 29. So doing heroics normally helps because then that way I can get the monies through legacy supply crates to one of my level 65s to unlock/turn in at Odesson. Then get the monies from the stuff by selling to vendors there and emailing to my main toon. though most of the time I get upwards of about 500-700K each time. A planetful of Heroics normally nets me between half to three quarters of a million credits

Though the most I send to my main toon is about 700K, I need credits for the toon in question to get planet to planet as it is!

You DO NOT NEED those over priced items, they are vanity. Thus there is no rip off, having items you don't need at a price you PERSONALLY can't afford doesn't kill the game.

Someone paid REAL money for them to get on to the GTN for you to pay NOT REAL money to buy. There is no such thing then as a "rip off" ... stop being so alzy and acting so entitled and work for your vanity items or pay REAL cash like the people who put them there.

Despite the needlessly antagonistic tone of this poster, I basically agree with his point. The "rip off artists" who post items on the GTN at exorbitant prices are listing their *own* property there. The stuff belongs to them. They don't have to give it away for cheap or even fair prices. There's no moral obligation to buyers.

If you don't like their pricing, remember their name and boycott them. You're not obligated to pay them what they're asking for. Give your business to someone you deem more reasonable.

Edited by Hebruixe