Would You Like a Green Screen In Game?

KidLee

Watched the video. Interesting idea, and I'm not against it, but given how we've seen the company deploy its development efforts to date, I'd first like to see a major patch that does nothing but address a huge load of bug fixes -- I'm talking hundreds of fixes -- rather than new features or content, just one big bug fix extravaganza, before heading on to anything new.

It's like a water balloon. If you squeeze it in one area, the water goes elsewhere, and people will point to different areas on the water balloon as to where they want to see it squeezed next.

Edited by xordevoreaux

I'd just like an option that allows me to take better shots of my character. Fed up with the pretty restricted in game camera system, although I have a few tricks to get a better close up of my characters face.

It irks me if the companion is there that they crane their neck to stare at the character.

Maybe out of combat could offer a couple of options:-

1) Limited free camera to rotate around character without such limited zoom steps.

2) Pre-set poses for companions and character. (There is a single example of a mutual emote for character and companion, the companion dance).

It is these small things that allow players to promote the game with better screen shots, or fill out their characters story.

not sure what you meant by green screen. after seeing the vid, no thank you. if that's what you meant by green screen as in not seeing your own character.

Rather then me trying to explain to you what a green screen is, Google it.

You have much to learn. :D

Edited by KidLee

Green screens are usually used to clip out original backgrounds in recorded/photographed environments to instead supplement it with your own so to speak. Like you'd take a picture of your character infront of the green screen, cut out all the green easily via Photoshop and the likes and replace it with something else or just have a cut out of your character alone. Say you wanna photoshop your own Jedi toon into a picture with Yoda and Luke, you could easily do so with the use of a green screen. You could now too, it just requires far more editing.

They also tend to do it in movies for like special FX scenes and stuff. Many 'car ride' scenes especially in older shows/films are done before a green screen and then the landscape/roads they drive on are added in later.

@OP; Nice idea as long as it doesn't take away from bug fixes and content that actually matters/has priority right now.