The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

All companions show same Artifice skill level as T7

Cuttertam

Hello,

I play a Jedi Guardian. T7 the droid has been my companion and leveling up Artifice and it's required other two skills, Treasure Hunting & Archaeology.

Kira the Padawan (The name may be wrong) has joined me and my companion screen seems stuck on T7's skills.

It would be too much of a coincidence if the Padawan had the exact same skill levels and skills for that matter.

To test this I bought Treek the mercenary.

She shows the same skills and levels.

Also I can not move or select a different NPC to check because the selection bar won't move from companion to companion so I can see if they are indeed the same.

I am afraid to hit "X" when either the Padawan or Treek is my companion because I am afraid the "X" function will delete T7's hard earned skill levels.

How should I proceed?

Edited by Cuttertam

Hello,

I play a Jedi Guardian. T7 the droid has been my companion and leveling up Artifice and it's required other two skills, Treasure Hunting & Archaeology.

Kira the Padawan (The name may be wrong) has joined me and my companion screen seems stuck on T7's skills.

It would be too much of a coincidence if the Padawan had the exact same skill levels and skills for that matter.

To test this I bought Treek the mercenary.

She shows the same skills and levels.

Also I can not move or select a different NPC to check because the selection bar won't move from companion to companion so I can see if they are indeed the same.

I am afraid to hit "X" when either the Padawan or Treek is my companion because I am afraid the "X" function will delete T7's hard earned skill levels.

How should I proceed?

Do not delete any of the crew skills. You get a maximum of three crew skills per character, not companion. Those three skills are the three skills you have, regardless of which companion you select. If you delete a skill, you are removing that skill from your character and you lose all progress made in that skill even if you choose to pick it up again later, (you start over from zero).

Do not delete any of the crew skills. You get a maximum of three crew skills per character, not companion. Those three skills are the three skills you have, regardless of which companion you select. If you delete a skill, you are removing that skill from your character and you lose all progress made in that skill even if you choose to pick it up again later, (you start over from zero).

Piit is correct. Skills are associated to the player, not the companion. The companions are just your hands for carrying out the skills. They are not the repository for the skills.

As the others above me stated, the levels of your crew skills are your own. All this effects is the level of materials you can have your companions gather or make.

Your companion's influence rating has effect on their performance while completing that task. That rating is not listed in the skills window. It's on the contacts window.

So you can see what I mean, complete this little exercise. First, take note of your companion influence. Now, open your gathering mission window. Switch between which comanion you wish to deploy. You'll notice the time to complete will change. The higher the influence, the faster they are. This used to also effect their critical chance. It may still.

Cheers,

Bowtiejones