Episode/Chapter replay feature.

Merwanor

I just wanted to chime in and vote my support for this feature. Not only the class story but also the expansion stories since I don't think those are class specific.

MMOs are very repetitive by nature so it's the stories that drive me. I'm recently coming back after taking a couple year hiatus (day 1 subscriber otherwise) and it's the stories that help me deal with the repetitiveness. So this feature would make it easy to back up and start at the beginning of the story where I last left off. There are already parts that are re-playable such as flashpoints and operations.

Bioware is touting how they're going back to their roots of storytelling with the Fallen Empire expansion. What better way to supplement that by also emphasizing the story that already exists?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And here I thought I was the only one thinking this :p I finished SoR here a few days ago and now, I can't really remember what it was about. Same with the Hutt expansion; No idea what it was about... :/ would be awesome to play that story again without the need to make a whole new character :c

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I would love the ability to replay story missions over again. That's the biggest thing I don't like about SWTOR, I have to make a brand new character and level him up just to see the one particular piece of story that I like. Even if I don't get exp, gear, or even some credits. There are certain parts of the story that I just want to see over and over again. Especially now that Knights of the Fallen Empire is coming out. That is sure to have some epic moments that I'll want to watch more than once.

• 5 months later...

I was just curious to see how many players would be curious in an episode/story mission replay feature, Star Trek online did it year ago and it was really popular with the fan base. You can reclaim old rewards and get reduced rewards/XP for already having completed it. And it was actually fun going back through the story playing your favorite chapters/missions with all your best gear and your experience as a player.

I have to say I'd love to see the same thing for TOR and think it'd be a popular feature.

I'm all for this if you remove any rewards including XP, titles and any achievements, since you've already received them. If you want the rewards, level up through the story. If you just want to play the story parts again, fine.

Like a dream sequence or flashback scene. It's already happened, you're just 'remembering' it, and like a dream, you wouldn't have the rewards again when you wake up.

Cool go be a condescending ******* somewhere else, the more people that ask for the feature, the more Bioware would be inclined to listen, I don't think it'd take much of their resources either.

Well aren't you cute.

With start at 60 tokens it won't happen. Those things have caused enough drama

Cool go be a condescending ******* somewhere else, the more people that ask for the feature, the more Bioware would be inclined to listen, I don't think it'd take much of their resources either.

Calm down chief...dr_mike is absolutely correct. Nothing condescending about it.

I'm one of those people who has asked for it for years!!! While I have alts, I have only completed the entire 1-KOTFE story on one toon...I'd enjoy a chance to replay some of the missions without actually being forced to start KOTFE on a new toon. However...as much as we've asked, Bioware has ignored it. I agree with you, it wouldn't take many resources, but that hasn't mattered...it has been asked for since launch.

At the very least it would stop me from making Sages - thirteen and counting...

Thanks for making me feel better, I'm only at 8 Inquisitors - and still can bring myself to choose the other way with Khem Val's last quest. I love that big guy too much.

Edited by CrazyCT

I see the thread got merged with an older thread, based on the fact that the old one went for ages, I'd say interest in this feature is still very strong, it'd be a great way for Bioware/EA to score some points with the fan base.

• 1 month later...

Me to

in last chapter i was litll bit distracted and screw up (spoiler)

Broonmarks quest and kill Wookie and

Hylo was angry :(

I want to replay

and khem val mission still bothers me :(

at least 1 time replay option please Bioware :o:rolleyes:

Edited by Unkind

• 4 months later...

I hope this is the right thread but there are many concerning replayable story missions so I chose the most recent. Correct me if I am wrong but according to swtor.com, knight of the eternal throne will give us the replay feature:

"Choose to play any story chapter or battle in three new challenge levels – Story, Veteran, or Master mode – whatever suits your playstyle!"

If it does mean I can replay the story I wondered if that means that your decisions you made the first playthrough are overwritten or if its more like a separate instance where nothing you do really matters?

pc

I hope this is the right thread but there are many concerning replayable story missions so I chose the most recent. Correct me if I am wrong but according to swtor.com, knight of the eternal throne will give us the replay feature:

"Choose to play any story chapter or battle in three new challenge levels – Story, Veteran, or Master mode – whatever suits your playstyle!"

If it does mean I can replay the story I wondered if that means that your decisions you made the first playthrough are overwritten or if its more like a separate instance where nothing you do really matters?

pc

Chances are that it will only let you replay the KotET chapters. I'm not going to expect anything more than that.