Question about the new, new havoc squad

Jedi_riches

Do we know much about the new members, for example what ranks they are? I only ask because I am doing a trooper playthrough at the moment using the havoc sets from the recent pack and I am not sure if only the CO wears the 'officer' set or if it's just that major jorgen's squad is simply full of sergeants and there are no member of a higher rank?

I know it's not really important, i just would like to know so that I can put my own squad into the 'correct' uniforms.

Personally, I try to follow Clone Wars era color designations of the Phase 1 clone armors (green for sergeant, blue for lieutenant, red for captain and yellow for commander).

About the new havoc - I'm assuming Jorgan's XO is lieutenant, and everyone else is a sarge.

Personally, I try to follow Clone Wars era color designations of the Phase 1 clone armors (green for sergeant, blue for lieutenant, red for captain and yellow for commander).

About the new havoc - I'm assuming Jorgan's XO is lieutenant, and everyone else is a sarge.

Its actually a nice idea using the CW colour schemes, though whether or not I can get a hold of a green colour item so early in the game for Jorgan is a different matter.

I would make sense that Jorgan's XO being another officer rank, but that being the case only the CO wears a officer set the rest use the rest? but isn't a officer an officer? meaning that his XO should be in the same armour as Jorgan too.

Its actually a nice idea using the CW colour schemes, though whether or not I can get a hold of a green colour item so early in the game for Jorgan is a different matter.

I would make sense that Jorgan's XO being another officer rank, but that being the case only the CO wears a officer set the rest use the rest? but isn't a officer an officer? meaning that his XO should be in the same armour as Jorgan too.

I use dyes, they make unifying squad gear a tad easier. I got no idea why Jorgan's second-in-command wears the same gear as the rest, maybe it's because Jorgan, being the only sniper in the squad I think, needs more mobility?

Actually Jorgan is referred to as "Major" meaning he took full command of the squad afterwards and has the rank to back it up. That's why he's in the officer outfit.

Actually Jorgan is referred to as "Major" meaning he took full command of the squad afterwards and has the rank to back it up. That's why he's in the officer outfit.

My assumption comes from the fact that the trooper had also attained the rank of major at the end of class chapter 2, yet his XO remains a lieutenant. I could be wrong about the ranks of the new Havoc, maybe Jorgan's second is a captain.

I use dyes, they make unifying squad gear a tad easier. I got no idea why Jorgan's second-in-command wears the same gear as the rest, maybe it's because Jorgan, being the only sniper in the squad I think, needs more mobility?

The problem with dyes is their inconsistent appearance in cut scenes, especially when it comes to companions.

My assumption comes from the fact that the trooper had also attained the rank of major at the end of class chapter 2, yet his XO remains a lieutenant. I could be wrong about the ranks of the new Havoc, maybe Jorgan's second is a captain.

Actually I think your XO got a promotion too (captain) when you became a major and I think that the person you did not choose as your XO becomes a lieutenant. I might be wrong about that though.

Perhaps Jorgan's XO is a Lieutenant or captain and that Bioware just decided to have Jorgan be the only member of Havoc to wear that armour. I guess we don't know enough about the new Havoc to be sure.

Actually when you promote to Major who you pick to become XO becomes Captain, the other becomes a LT, the others IIRC Junn becomes a LT, and Vik becomes a Sgt.

Actually when you promote to Major who you pick to become XO becomes Captain, the other becomes a LT, the others IIRC Junn becomes a LT, and Vik becomes a Sgt.

Actually I think that Yunn is a sgt at the end of the original story, in fact I think he is called Sgt Yuun in the alliance list in kotfe. I think your squad ends up being 1 x Major, 1 x Captain, 1 x Lieutenant and 2 x sgt's.

Actually I think that Yunn is a sgt at the end of the original story, in fact I think he is called Sgt Yuun in the alliance list in kotfe. I think your squad ends up being 1 x Major, 1 x Captain, 1 x Lieutenant and 2 x sgt's.

Yuun definitively gets promoted to LT in the Trooper story - it's just not reflected in the companion list.

Edit:

All squad members get a promotion after the gauntlet mission.

Edited by killershrike