First Rogue One trailer is out

DarthDymond

The 2-minute trailer came out today.

Since I first heard about them, I'll admit I was a bit leery about the "anthology" movies and how they might... I don't know, 'dilute' the brand, I guess.

But this trailer has me pretty well sold on Rogue One - I'm 100% looking forward to it now. As long as it doesn't disappoint, that'll get me onboard with the anthology series in general too.

(Only thing I'm a bit 'iffy' on is the guy who seems to be beating up Stormtroopers with a stick - but I'm willing to wait and see what that's all about in-context.)

[X-post for those who don't check out the Star Wars sub-forum :p]

Edited by DarthDymond

It looks good... Then again, I said the same thing about the Force Awakens trailer. Also, the character in this... Isn't she from one of the Star Wars Novels? Luke goes with her on a rebel mission or somthing.

You mean the rebel from Heir to the Jedi? No, that was Nakari Kelen. The rebel they focused on in the trailer is named Erso.

The trailer looks excellent. AT-ATs in action again. Old school Rebellion taking on the Empire. December 16 cannot get here soon enough.

Note the actress who plays Mon Mothma is the same one who played her in Revenge of the Sith, Genevieve O'Reilly. That's a good move on Disney's part. Her scenes in Revenge of the Sith were cut but they are in the Deleted Scenes of the DVD.

I'm also curious if the guy in the goatee could be a pre-Jedi Kyle Katarn, who in the EU was a Rebel operative very much involved in Operation Skyhook.

Regarding the Imperial officer in the white uniform, I know a lot of people will assume he is a Grand Admiral ( he very well could be ) but the guess here is that he is more likely ISB ( Imperial Security Bureau ) like Colonel Yularen was in the original Star Wars movie.

Edited by Tahirri