Pvpers - spoiled, or unsatiable?

Greezt

Honestly, the most "difficult" part of OPG(or is it APG) I found was the fact that this map is a day old, and there is no "terminology" yet to quick-type stuff in chat to communicate to my team on the situation -- unlike how Novare is simply "E", "W", "S"... and Alderaan is "G", "S", and "mid."

The game system itself it took me exactly 2 rounds to figure out and completely understand it -- but then again, like said, I'm used to DOMINATION type matches. Its never been here in SWTOR, but there are a lot of game with similar concepts which people generally refer to as 'dom' -- no, this is not KOTH.

Its understandable people still don't get how these types of PvP settings are played. But like mentioned before, most people here grossly underestimate how people -- even solo queuers and pugs -- simply adapt to things over time.

Domination isn't that difficult. It's just different from the "pick node and defend" or "death match" mentality most are used to. The 'confusion'? I'm betting in about a month, nobody's gonna be really confused about how to play this. By then people will come up with common names for the 5 different spots, and will understand moving constantly in small groups of teams is better than laying fat on one's bottom on a single node.

My god, how people hated AHG when it first came. Many people still hate it since it promotes a slightly different game type from other WZs in that it emphasizes large-scale, all-out fighting at mid, and there really isn't too much 'clever moves' other than the 2-pylon steal people pull off against weaker teams.

If anything, I immediately noticed how the fights were better matched since this time, it's cross-faction, and not the usual Rep solos vs Imp premades... and for me, that alone is already a big plus. People should know that.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If PVP is all you do, why aren't you jumping into season 7?

I queued for Solo Ranked for a bit, I just got bored of nothing but arenas.

What I used to do is queue regs when I wanted something different, but now regs only pops one map.

It's literally just two modes right now, and it's boring.

I queued for Solo Ranked for a bit, I just got bored of nothing but arenas.

What I used to do is queue regs when I wanted something different, but now regs only pops one map.

It's literally just two modes right now, and it's boring.

You just need a slower download connection. I finally got the patch downloaded last night just in time to shut off my computer and go to bed. By the time I get to play this new map bio will already be putting up the patch to enable the rest of the maps. I will never have been forced to play the new one over and over, so that way I can continue to just hate arenas, and not this new map. :D

Honestly, the most "difficult" part of OPG(or is it APG) I found was the fact that this map is a day old, and there is no "terminology" yet to quick-type stuff in chat to communicate to my team on the situation -- unlike how Novare is simply "E", "W", "S"... and Alderaan is "G", "S", and "mid."

The game system itself it took me exactly 2 rounds to figure out and completely understand it -- but then again, like said, I'm used to DOMINATION type matches. Its never been here in SWTOR, but there are a lot of game with similar concepts which people generally refer to as 'dom' -- no, this is not KOTH.

Its understandable people still don't get how these types of PvP settings are played. But like mentioned before, most people here grossly underestimate how people -- even solo queuers and pugs -- simply adapt to things over time.

Domination isn't that difficult. It's just different from the "pick node and defend" or "death match" mentality most are used to. The 'confusion'? I'm betting in about a month, nobody's gonna be really confused about how to play this. By then people will come up with common names for the 5 different spots, and will understand moving constantly in small groups of teams is better than laying fat on one's bottom on a single node.

My god, how people hated AHG when it first came. Many people still hate it since it promotes a slightly different game type from other WZs in that it emphasizes large-scale, all-out fighting at mid, and there really isn't too much 'clever moves' other than the 2-pylon steal people pull off against weaker teams.

If anything, I immediately noticed how the fights were better matched since this time, it's cross-faction, and not the usual Rep solos vs Imp premades... and for me, that alone is already a big plus. People should know that.

I have a hard time seing uncordinated groups comunicate enough to play a domination style mode as you so cleverly point it out to be, you do enjoy posting how you imidietly noticed that, and how comon it is in other games, well maybe other games make it fun, but from what I have played of this so far it is so boring, you can so easily cap the unprotected points that you go a whole game with just running from unguarded node to ungaurded node, sometimes just running past the other team cause it isent time efficent to even fight them. Even if we concede to the idea that everyone eventually will get it, this mode will still most likly be the most boring one yet

Yeah, as the devs introduced the new WZ in the live stream, I was wondering "Why do they call it King of the hill? That's domination! ".

But my first PVP experience ever was playing UT against my buddies in our college dorm back in 2000...

I have a hard time seing uncordinated groups comunicate enough to play a domination style mode as you so cleverly point it out to be, you do enjoy posting how you imidietly noticed that, and how comon it is in other games, well maybe other games make it fun, but from what I have played of this so far it is so boring, you can so easily cap the unprotected points that you go a whole game with just running from unguarded node to ungaurded node, sometimes just running past the other team cause it isent time efficent to even fight them. Even if we concede to the idea that everyone eventually will get it, this mode will still most likly be the most boring one yet

Not to mention the massive advantage sorcs and ranged have.

As a melee if you do somehow manage to get to a node before the zerg, all they have to do is push you back or kill you from a distance.

Coordinated groups split in 4s, each with a pocket healer and ranged dps.

This happens in premade groups, so if I queue solo with no TS it's not going to be fun.

At least in previous maps you had a nice field of vision to know where to go next efficiently.

Edited by Ruhun

Not to mention the massive advantage sorcs and ranged have.

As a melee if you do somehow manage to get to a node before the zerg, all they have to do is push you back or kill you from a distance.

Coordinated groups split in 4s, each with a pocket healer and ranged dps.

This happens in premade groups, so if I queue solo with no TS it's not going to be fun.

At least in previous maps you had a nice field of vision to know where to go next efficiently.

Bottom line you dont like the map and arent willing to adjust your play style. We got it.

Pocket healers have advantage regardless, and ranged dps cant cap anything without being in your range so... re-evaluate how you are approaching the map and youll be fine if you are willing to make some adjustments and not treat everything like death match.

Edited by Floplag

Bottom line you dont like the map and arent willing to adjust your play style. We got it.

Pocket healers have advantage regardless, and ranged dps cant cap anything without being in your range so... re-evaluate how you are approaching the map and youll be fine if you are willing to make some adjustments and not treat everything like death match.

Ranged have an advantage because they can burst me down and take the node.

I can't do anything about it, they either lure me off the node and cap it or kill me and cap it anyway.

If I approach the node ranged burst me down while I get to it. It's a no win situation.

It's not like I ignored objectives just to deathmatch before. Just ask Lhance. I stop caps, defend if I have to, etc.

Edited by Ruhun

Im enjoying the hell out of the new map and think that a 2-day period where this is all that pops is fine. Like someone else said, if they didnt do it this way, people would complain that they never got a APG pop all night and just more NC and CW etc.

And we can sit here and call out every wz in the game for imbalances specific to that WZ. AHG is a stealthers delight. Voidstar is great for dot spread/aoe. NC very much favors a high mitigation + healer comp.

People b;tch for 2+ years about no new warzones, we get one, and they b;tch bc its not exactly what they want. It may not be AMAZING, but its passable. And the 2 day into will end in a day. Chill the F out. You forum complainers are a f-in joke.

Edited by AndriusAjax

Im enjoying the hell out of the new map and think that a 2-day period where this is all that pops is fine. Like someone else said, if they didnt do it this way, people would complain that they never got a APG pop all night and just more NC and CW etc.

And we can sit here and call out every wz in the game for imbalances specific to that WZ. AHG is a stealthers delight. Voidstar is great for dot spread/aoe. NC very much favors a high mitigation + healer comp.

People ***** for 2+ years about no new warzones, we get one, and they ***** bc its not what they want. It may not be AMAZING, but its passable. And the 2 day into will end in a day. Chill the F out. You forum complainers are a f-in joke.

Except that all those situations can be countered.

There is no counter for this ranged/sorc paradise.

There is no counter for tunnels and no visibility.

Edited by Ruhun

People b;tch for 2+ years about no new warzones, we get one, and they b;tch bc its not exactly what they want. It may not be AMAZING, but its passable. And the 2 day into will end in a day. Chill the F out. You forum complainers are a f-in joke.

First of it is hilarious that you complain about other people complaining, I mean really, if you really think everything is fine then you wouldent need to complain about the complainers. Also of cause you think the periode where this is the only one is fine, you have just said you enjoy this one, so of cause you would think it is fine

Except that all those situations can be countered.

There is no counter for this ranged/sorc paradise.

There is no counter for tunnels and no visibility.

there is a counter for ranged hitting u at your node; call for help. admittedly, they could use some more los granting objects for such situations

counter for tunnels/visibility? i dont follow. I dont find them that hard to navigate as wither melee or ranged. and people who say that they get lost in them must be the worst map users in the world. the map is simple, albeit a little windy.

I think people simply enjoy complaining. I could play devils advocate all day and point out imbalances... but its exhausting. The mode isnt nearly as broken as people are claiming. You fellas just like to b;tch

Edited by AndriusAjax

there is a counter for ranged hitting u at your node; call for help. admittedly, they could use some more los granting objects for such situations

counter for tunnels/visibility? i dont follow. I dont find them that hard to navigate as wither melee or ranged. and people who say that they get lost in them must be the worst map users in the world. the map is simple, albeit a little windy

The tunnels don't allow me to view which node is getting zerged.

Every map had that before, so I would race to the node when our Pug didn't call.

I can call, sure, but the map is massive and they will not get to me in time.

The map is ultimately poorly designed.

Yes, I love to *****.

I love being frustrated for an extended period of time.

Also, SWTOR is literally perfect. There are no balance issues and this map is amazing.

Edited by Ruhun

First of it is hilarious that you complain about other people complaining, I mean really, if you really think everything is fine then you wouldent need to complain about the complainers. Also of cause you think the periode where this is the only one is fine, you have just said you enjoy this one, so of cause you would think it is fine

I complain about complainers bc squeaky wheels get grease. And if im of the opinion no grease is needed, i will let that be known bc grease is added/wasted.

Every map had that before, so I would race to the node when our Pug didn't call.

Yes, I love to *****.

Also, SWTOR is literally perfect. There are no balance issues and this map is amazing.

Ruhun, im not trying to call you out personally, but I feel the map is fun. On my sage is very fun, on my VG its also very fun. Nothing is perfect and balance is a lie. We have to deal with it the best we can. Could swtor do better with balance? Ofc. But im not going to trash a perfectly passable game mode bc of problems inherent in the game.

Edited by AndriusAjax

Ruhun, im not trying to call you out personally, but I feel the map is fun. On my sage is very fun, on my VG its also very fun. Nothing is perfect and balance is a lie. We have to deal with it the best we can. Could swtor do better with balance? Ofc. But im not going to trash a perfectly passable game mode bc of problems inherent in the game.

Sages and VG will have a blast. You destroy people from a distance.

I'm on Jugs and Maras all day. I need to get up close and personal, and if I am going to play objectively and not deathmatch as others assume I do I am going to have a very, very hard time.

Yes, I love to *****.

and I dont "view" areas getting zerged. I hover my mouse over the person on the map, and check their health. Thats still do-able.

Sages and VG will have a blast. You destroy people from a distance.

I'm on Jugs and Maras all day. I need to get up close and personal, and if I am going to play objectively and not deathmatch as others assume I do I am going to have a very, very hard time.

I had fun on my guardian as well. Though, I would vote for more LoS on the nodes for your particular example of getting picked off at range by a sage and slinger.

Edited by AndriusAjax

and I dont "view" areas getting zerged. I hover my mouse over the person on the map, and check their health. Thats still do-able.

In other maps if we have mid I make sure the other node we have is in my FoV, because if I'm pugging chances are no one is going to call. It used to be simple like that, fun.

I complain about complainers bc squeaky wheels get grease. And if im of the opinion no grease is needed, i will let that be known bc grease is added/wasted.

well if there is enough squeaky wheels as you say then obviously there is a problem, the mode is boring, I have done a match in it where I was near the top of objective and I practically never had to fight anyone, simply run around takking the buffs and going to uncapped opjectives with the green one or adding the blue or yellow one to things we already have, thats not pvp thats a walking simulator and thats not what I play swtor for

In other maps if we have mid I make sure the other node we have is in my FoV, because if I'm pugging chances are no one is going to call. It used to be simple like that, fun.

Trust me, I kno all about noncalls. I hover over their name and keep my eyes on their health bar. It works better imo and applies to the new wz fine

well if there is enough squeaky wheels as you say then obviously there is a problem, the mode is boring, I have done a match in it where I was near the top of objective and I practically never had to fight anyone, simply run around takking the buffs and going to uncapped opjectives with the green one or adding the blue or yellow one to things we already have, thats not pvp thats a walking simulator and thats not what I play swtor for

Dont take the power ups. Or hand them off. You made that choice

I had fun on my guardian as well. Though, I would vote for more LoS on the nodes for you particular example of getting picked off at range by a sage and slinger.

I'm still not getting that node. Ranged has no reason to chase me because I'm not hurting it.

so you are saying I should play inefficently to have fun? what dose that say for the game mode?

I dont know. Ask all the huttball deathmatchers.

Some people cant handle objective play. Some people need the simpleness of "kill him" as their only objective. I really dont wish my favorite mmo to make wzs catered to that market however. Its a little... simple.. for my taste. You enjoy yourself however. Do what makes you happy :)

Edited by AndriusAjax