Legacy HK-55 items ?

-Spc

Exactly. Anyone that wants/needs legacy gear to move mods around... you have tons of options in game already.

As for making perk items legacy Bound... that only makes sense if they are not given to every character on your account AND they are not available through collections. Neither of which is the case for these weapons.

More mountains out of molehills here, IMO, since every character you ever create on your account can and will have access to these weapons and can even delete them and pull up fresh ones later on.

I am looking forward for you to show me these tons of legacy weapons for people who use more than one sentinel and want to send weapons from one to another.

I think moving all the existing hk stuff from bol to bop was a dumb idea. Only because now you have to pay for them if you ever decide to use it on toons you deleted it from before now.

That being said, you get a bol main hand when you hit Odessen. Just how many sniper rifles/duelsabers/etc does a player really need?

Same as before Odessen is just MH and a lot of them are simply ugly.

---------------------------------------------------------

Most of classes have around 4 options for legacy weapons main hand (and i found most of them plain ugly or anomaly long or big), so giving new sub reward weapons as BoP feels like kick into gut to me.

1. .....
  2. There were multiple complaints about these things NOT being in collections, people sick on having to use up 'valuable' vault space by hoarding these things so they don't lose them. Collections means you can throw them away and not lose them.
  3. If you have multiple people using sniper rifles, just buy some gear for each. A barrel only costs about 1.2 million - you get more than half of that from running the Tatween heroics in a group and it takes 15 minutes - and 150 crystals will get you the offhand that you can rip the other mods from. If you are running multiple snipers, I can safely assume that you have plenty of characters that can run the heroics, and can do FP's or OP's for the crystals, so don't complain about the cost.

If they are legacy you can also throw them away and not lose them. Just get them with another created character.

Why would i want to spend million and a lot of crystals crystals for 220 endurance heavy main-hand and offhand when i can have 224 on several same chars with legacy weapons. And then spend these credits for items i want. Sry but i cant find any logic or sense in that. ;)

If they are legacy you can also throw them away and not lose them. Just get them with another created character.

See above - Eric Musco outright stated they were having a negative impact due to people creating characters to get legacy gear, then deleting them.

See above - Eric Musco outright stated they were having a negative impact due to people creating characters to get legacy gear, then deleting them.

I believe this issue was just on the start at 60 and not really an issue with the lvl 1 though. At least how I remember it being explained

I'm bummed at it not being legacy either due to the fact that I share weapons among alts frequently. but if they were to make weapon stamps like outfit ones, it would be a moot point and really open people like me to more of the cartel weapons as well - as it did with costume designer for the armor sets.

It was completely difference problem. People was creating lvl 60 chars, because legacy gear you got from them:

- had stats so you could use it on another chars as free gear, (also rating was almost perfect PvE gear for PvP warzones to get max expertize)

- had unique look that you could not get any other way on already created character.

What i am talking about here are legacy mod-able weapons as rewards.

- they dont have a stats so you can fill them and use 1 for several char

- and if you like them already get them on each of your chars so you dont need to create new one to get more of them. And dont tell me there are so many people who will want use same weapon look on all of their companions.

I would understand it with the helmet, but never with weapons, specially when legacy weapons are only few.

It was completely difference problem. People was creating lvl 60 chars, because legacy gear you got from them:

- had stats so you could use it on another chars as free gear, (also rating was almost perfect PvE gear for PvP warzones to get max expertize)

- had unique look that you could not get any other way on already created character.

What i am talking about here are legacy mod-able weapons as rewards.

- they dont have a stats so you can fill them and use 1 for several char

- and if you like them already get them on each of your chars so you dont need to create new one to get more of them. And dont tell me there are so many people who will want use same weapon look on all of their companions.

I would understand it with the helmet, but never with weapons, specially when legacy weapons are only few.

Did you even read what I posted? (Again, emphasis mine)

Hey folks,

What we have seen on our side is that this has created a large increase in players creating characters just to get the armor sets, and then deleting those characters. This has created a negative impact on the data side.

Now, we know that there is a lot of interest in having those appearance available to characters. So here is a list of where you can attain those appearances in-game in 4.1:

-eric

So, per dev statement, cycling characters has a "negative effect on the data side," and the "look" is available elsewhere (though the specifics of that is open to debate - the items referred to are not always identical).

That's the problem. I (and I'm sure others) use one set of legacy gear for all of our same class/mirror class characters. Even if we pull more from collections, if we want to move our weapon mods over to another character, we'd have to rip them out, put them in a legacy weapon, move them over, rip them out and put them in the HK weapon.

^ This. Not having these items Legacy bound blows. These freebies were near useless as it was, but now they are instant vendor material. BW needs to come correct on that oversight.

Pull a second from collections

Are these items different from the others I have in Collections? I don't really do the Collection stuff much, but in the past when I wanted to use a crystal, I could only make a new copy of the crystal on the toon who originally added it to collections. You're saying the HK items are different?

And this also doesn't help in passing the items from toon to toon without having to reinstall mods and augments.

Edited by DarthOvertone

A little warning about the change would have been nice. In my quest to be organized while they were Bound to Legacy, I moved them all to one toon until I decided what I wanted to do with them. So with that being said, I have 23 of them on one toon that they are permanently bound to. So if I try to reclaim on any other toon, I see the message "You do not have permission to reclaim this item". I see a cartel coin button that does not work. In my case I moved these to another toon, where other people may have destroyed them because they only wanted 1 or 2 and not dozens of them. So when it comes to reclaiming in the future, they will see the same message as well.

So, per dev statement, cycling characters has a "negative effect on the data side," and the "look" is available elsewhere (though the specifics of that is open to debate - the items referred to are not always identical).

And did you even read it. He made his post on 01.26.2016 and said THE LOOK will be available in patch 4.1. And patch 4.1 was posted on 2.8.2016. SO YES, my point still stand, people created new 60 lvl characters for also THAT specific look, because it WAS NOT available elsewhere until they changed it in 4.1.

So please feel free to lecture me with more false informations :D

I believe this issue was just on the start at 60 and not really an issue with the lvl 1 though. At least how I remember it being explained

I'm bummed at it not being legacy either due to the fact that I share weapons among alts frequently. but if they were to make weapon stamps like outfit ones, it would be a moot point and really open people like me to more of the cartel weapons as well - as it did with costume designer for the armor sets.

More noticeable with the start-at-60s, and a bigger impact. Everything else, every new character made by a qualifying account starts with the sets, so unless you want multiple copies for your comps, you don't need to go through character cycling to to get the extra sets of armor, and as far as I know, the only legacy weapons you can start with are Nico's blasters.

The start at 60 sets were only available to start at 60 characters, but in demand both as shells for sharing mods across legacy, and for their appearance's sake; so more people cycled for them.

Please note that per this Dulfy post, the PTS has a vendor on fleet selling legacy armors for common data crystals. Confirmed for myself that these are are up on the PTS right now. That increases my expectation that the current new-character armor kits will be converted to bind on pickup and be made collectible.

Won't help with weapons, but BW is surprisingly stingy with end-game weapons and hilts and barrels.

The start at 60 sets were only available to start at 60 characters, but in demand both as shells for sharing mods across legacy, and for their appearance's sake; so more people cycled for them.

Sorry, but one more little thing. Starting 60lvl sets was never used "as shells for sharing mods", because they were not mod-able. They were 190/188 blue rating gear (not sure exact number now). So they could be used as easy to get starting tank/heal/dps 60lvl gear for any legacy characters. Which made them unique in look and use.

Any other legacy items are just shells. (With old yavin companion legacy gear as exceptions but most people dont have that anymore)

Edited by ShawDou

Why would i want to spend million and a lot of crystals crystals for 220 endurance heavy main-hand and offhand when i can have 224 on several same chars with legacy weapons. And then spend these credits for items i want. Sry but i cant find any logic or sense in that. ;)

So, you've been waiting around for a couple of months for this sniper rifle (or pistols or sword) to come out so you can use it for it's BoL properties? Or did you already have legacy weapons that you use, making your argument for these weapons to be BoL null and void?

EDIT: Just as an FYI - Rakghoul event is running now and you can pick up a nice Legacy Sniper Rifle for 6 tokens (saber and pistols are 4 tokens each). That would take FAR too much effort though :rolleyes:

Edited by CrazyCT

what they said was creating multiple level 60 characters was hard on the database, not that the legacy gear itself was. they stopped people from having a reason to do it. we will never know what the actual reason is because they dont lower themselves to communicate with their customers.

Sorry, but one more little thing. Starting 60lvl sets was never used "as shells for sharing mods", because they were not mod-able. They were 190/188 blue rating gear (not sure exact number now). So they could be used as easy to get starting tank/heal/dps 60lvl gear for any legacy characters. Which made them unique in look and use.

Any other legacy items are just shells. (With old yavin companion legacy gear as exceptions but most people dont have that anymore)

188 gear, that I recall. I forgot they were static stats, since I already had a mostly complete set of Yavin comp armor I didn't need the stats, per se. (Which I'm holding onto for now, since I sometimes use bits of it in outfits)

At any rate, a burst of people cycling characters, and now we can't have nice things (per the people in this thread - I don't care). This probably woke them to an issue they didn't know they had concerning the character database. I don't expect any more legacy items being given to starting characters after that.

what they said was creating multiple level 60 characters was hard on the database, not that the legacy gear itself was. they stopped people from having a reason to do it. we will never know what the actual reason is because they dont lower themselves to communicate with their customers.

There's legacy gear in every slot available in-game right now; and they just added Kallig's Lightsaber (and possibly Kallig's Countenance) a little while back. Legacy gear isn't going anywhere(And they added new legacy orange shells to the armor vendor on fleet in the PTS). What we won't be seeing again is legacy gear given to starting (L1 or L60) characters, to remove the incentive to create a character, transfer their stuff, and delete it. They've already converted one item from BoL to BoP (HK Helm); I won't be surprised to see more gear go that way.

So, to everyone suggesting that, to get more copies of an item for cosmetic purposes, cycle a new character; be aware that was what killed the BoL for start-at-60 gear; per specific developer commentary.

So, you've been waiting around for a couple of months for this sniper rifle (or pistols or sword) to come out so you can use it for it's BoL properties? Or did you already have legacy weapons that you use, making your argument for these weapons to be BoL null and void?

EDIT: Just as an FYI - Rakghoul event is running now and you can pick up a nice Legacy Sniper Rifle for 6 tokens (saber and pistols are 4 tokens each). That would take FAR too much effort though :rolleyes:

Can i ask you, what is wrong with reason that i dont like actual legacy snipers and would like to have more options to use? There are soooo little legacy weapons compared to anything else in game that getting one less is big difference.

So, to everyone suggesting that, to get more copies of an item for cosmetic purposes, cycle a new character; be aware that was what killed the BoL for start-at-60 gear; per specific developer commentary.

At any rate, a burst of people cycling characters, and now we can't have nice things (per the people in this thread - I don't care). This probably woke them to an issue they didn't know they had concerning the character database. I don't expect any more legacy items being given to starting characters after that.

I now see this conversation is pointless and made it to the point that it is all players fault. BW created something for us, some didnt used it in a way BW wanted so they changed it and punished others for it.

I for example never created more chars to get any of legacy gear for cosmetics, i only use legacy for ease of gear grinding for multiple characters. There are sooooo many cartel items for cosmetic purposes i dont know what to wear first. And i suppose most of people here WHO WANTED THEM TO STAY BoL neither use them in outfit designer but use them as they were intended.

I was only suggesting that with BoL items both player bases (for mods/for look) could use them, but now when they are in collections only one player base can use them.

I also dont think creating lvl 1 Character is some big problem for them. If it was, then they would already remove cantina crates, people were and maybe even still are creating and deleting thousands of new chars to get First Grand Statue of Mandalore from cantina pack and BW never made anything to stop them or tell them not to do it.

Btw i didnt know about Kallig's Lightsaber become legacy, will have to make a look and maybe create new inquisitor, for it. At least something good from this thread :)

Edited by ShawDou

BW did announce they were moving the HK items to collections, which is a great idea. However, they did NOT announce they were removing the BoL status from the items. This caught a lot of people off guard, especially those who gear swap between characters.

In the past, they have made certain special items ultra low CC cost - 1 CC for some like the Hutt Trainer, Holodancer and other CE/SE pre-order items. You cannot unlock the HK items in this fashion. The button is there, but it's a dead link, nothing happens when it's clicked.

Personally, I feel as if BW should handle legacy items in a better, more efficient manner, especially when they're flooding us with legacy gear via the alliance boxes.

I had suggested at one point they put a "Legacy" category within collections, and all legacy gear, regardless of how obtained, would be stored in that category. Those items would retain their legacy status and could be swapped among characters at will. You could destroy the item at will knowing you always had access to it.

An added benefit would be that any special items, such as the HK helmet, would be unlocked automatically upon account log in. This way you're not flooded with items in your mail such as during a new character creation. I currently get around 40 mails when I make a new character. Approximately 75% of the items are destroyed, one at a time, because I have no need of storing them.

BW's database development has been sub-par at best. It works, but just barely, and any changes could throw the whole thing out of sync. Fellow closed beta testers know this first hand with the GTN debacle.