The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

New Chapter: Visions in the dark - Post your thoughts

Shwarzchild

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could someone tell me what happens depending on your choice of Resilience, Transcendence, Sacrifice?

From what someone in chat said it's tank/dps/heals stuff but I'm not certain about that, I keep going for Transcendence.

Why can't we kill her for real if we got the choice?

Probably to flash your DS epeen or something. You can also Flirt with her which leads nowhere as well.

I didn't do anything specific (my Jugg was a heartless bastard through the game though - 10k DS points, no idea if that affected it)

I got the option on my Neutral, DS and LS toon.

Probably to flash your DS epeen or something. You can also Flirt with her which leads nowhere as well..

Which is the problem, you can't affect the story too much. It doesn't fit the previous class story when all the NPC is keep kicking you about how "weak" you are.

So why does Bioware give us the option(KILL)? I wish we could have more freedom on the story choice.

So Satele, former Grandmaster of the Jedi Order, should just stand there and let you chop her down because you willed it?

What you choose to do and what actually happens often diverges in RL, why would it be any different in game?

Honestly... I struggled with it. I think my Agent was probably the worst character to do this chapter with though. He got pretty sick of being manipulated and half-lied-to during his class story, and now he's back at square one. Plus, he doesn't in any way want to take the throne, and he's getting pretty sick of everyone telling him he's basically the chosen one without really TELLING him anything.

And I swear if anyone tells tells him he has to do something because blah-blah DESTINY:

- force cloak

- sneak behind

- shiv in the kidneys

Honestly? This chapter was the first where I have felt REALLY outof place on my main character. And the running around to pick up components for absolutely no reason other than to string out the time and make me fight things that, apparently, see through stealth (again).

I got it all felt very Dagobah and Yoda and also KOTOR2 (which I loved) but it was TOO much of a copy to me. I felt like I'd fallen into someone else's story. That said, I can see it working really well on Sith. Jedi, maybe a bit less so. My Agent, however, very nearly applied the barrel of his brand-new and totally-useless Sword of Gith, ahem sorry special magic force rifle, to his mouth....

So Satele, former Grandmaster of the Jedi Order, should just stand there and let you chop her down because you willed it?

What you choose to do and what actually happens often diverges in RL, why would it be any different in game?

Why not? My character is a extremely powerful Sith(with all the spirit's power plus all the Dark Side knowledge) as well.

It should let you fight her and give you a real chance, rather than just let the NPC decide.

Seriously, I'm tired of "you can't do this", "you are weak", "no you need to improve" when the class story obviously made you a very very powerful figure.

We should use the power our character has learned from the past to fight Arcann.

Edited by Slowpokeking

Why not? My character is a extremely powerful Sith(with all the spirit's power plus all the Dark Side knowledge) as well.

It should let you fight her and give you a real chance, rather than just let the NPC decide.

apparently Satele disagrees with your assessment on your relative power and rather than make a fuss of it, get's her point across in the most succinct way possible.

apparently Satele disagrees with your assessment on your relative power and rather than make a fuss of it, get's her point across in the most succinct way possible.

But she was obviously wrong. The whole "jedi and sith are not good enough compare to Arcann" is nothing but garbage. Even Lana/Koth was able to kick his *** by surprise. He also got half of his own face covered for a reason. The guy is not that powerful at all, he just got the damn fleet.

The story just doesn't make that much sense when they toss of almost all off your previous achievement and ability.

Force Walk? No you no longer have them.

Ghosts? No you don't have them anymore.

Force Storm ability? No, you only got to fight Arcann with your lightsaber.

I don't feel it's my character anymore.

Edited by Slowpokeking

How dare an urgent opportunity requiring your attention arise when you don't want it to!

Theron and Lana should know better, only deliver the emergencies and alerts in tiny bites to their mighty outlander, and only when said outlander wants it.

AHHH you realize lana and the rest aren't real...right??? and theres no real opportunity?? Im mean if you like really get into role play hey more power too you but some of us after a day at work just wanna run around and do dailys and get ther old compainions and stuff I don't wanna get into a long go here go there thing right now

But she was obviously wrong. The whole "jedi and sith are not good enough compare to Arcann" is nothing but garbage. Even Lana/Koth was able to kick his *** by surprise. He also got half of his own face covered for a reason. The guy is not that powerful at all, he just got the damn fleet.

Even the most powerful of people can be temperarily beaten when they're close to the edge of a 'cliff', tired from battle and has no idea of the enemy right behind him ready to drop a giant piece f machinery to nudge him over the edge. And even then, he still survives.

And having his face covered is a testimant to his power, he took a bombing run to the face and lived mostly in tact.

Even the most powerful of people can be temperarily beaten when they're close to the edge of a 'cliff', tired from battle and has no idea of the enemy right behind him ready to drop a giant piece f machinery to nudge him over the edge. And even then, he still survives.

And having his face covered is a testimant to his power, he took a bombing run to the face and lived mostly in tact.

He got himself beaten twice by super underdogs. Why didn't he use the Force to throw the machinery away? How is it impressive compare to REAL powerful Sith who could destroy the will of fleet or entire planet?

Why he couldn't use Force to protect his face?

Edited by Slowpokeking

He got himself beaten twice by super underdogs. Why didn't he use the Force to throw the machinery away?

Again, he was caught by surprise. "Yes, I will throw away the thing I don't even know is coming at me!"

How is it impressive compare to REAL powerful Sith who could destroy the will of fleet or entire planet?

So he's not powerful because Valkorion is over powered?

Why he couldn't use Force to protect his face?

Because the force can't defend you from everything. Unless you're a planet eating abomination like Vitiate, and even then he can succum to mortal wounds when caught off guard.

Again, he was caught by surprise. "Yes, I will throw away the thing I don't even know is coming at me!"

Where is his Force Insight?

So he's not powerful because Valkorion is over powered?

Vitiate was not the only one who got such feat, the Dread Masters were able to destroy entire fleet's will as well. Darth Nihilus could do the same thing.

Because the force can't defend you from everything. Unless you're a planet eating abomination like Vitiate, and even then he can succum to mortal wounds when caught off guard.

it can, Darth Jadus used it to defend himself from the explosion of the ship. Compare to that, the bomb was nothing.

Edited by Slowpokeking

Where is his Force Insight?

What is force insight exact? I can't find anything about it through google search.

Vitiate was not the only one who got such feat, the Dread Masters were able to destroy entire fleet's will as well. Darth Nihilus could do the same thing.

Yes, and? They are the most powerful force users to exsist. Why does that downgrade Arcann's power?

it can, Darth Jadus used it to defend himself from the explosion of the ship. Compare to that, the bomb was nothing.

It is never explained how Jadus escaped the explosion, but remembering the fact that he planned it all he most likely escaped the ship before it was destroyed. Teleport powers sure are useful.

What is force insight exact? I can't find anything about it through google search.

Super reflex the Jedi/Sith got, this is what let them be able to reflect blaster fire.

Yes, and? They are the most powerful force users to exsist. Why does that downgrade Arcann's power?

They are Sith and some were defeated by the Jedi, so why did the Emperor/Satele Shan and Marr say about Jedi/Sith way couldn't defeat him?

It is never explained how Jadus escaped the explosion, but remembering the fact that he planned it all he most likely escaped the ship before it was destroyed. Teleport powers sure are useful.

We don't see him teleport out from the ship.

We don't fight the Dread Masters, or Revan with some "special training that is different from the Jedi/Sith way", why do we need to use it for Arcann? He was not the problem the fleet is.

Because we didn't have time to prepare with Revan or the Dread Masters, they were making their move quickly. Both Arcaan and the Fleet are the problem.

Super reflex the Jedi/Sith got, this is what let them be able to reflect blaster fire.

The reflexes that act on what they know I coming their way? Plus, any feeling that something was about to happen Arcann would assume would be the Outlander using his father's power.

They are Sith and some were defeated by the Jedi, so why did the Emperor/Satele Shan and Marr say about Jedi/Sith way couldn't defeat him?

They were saying that to defeat Arcaan and use Valkorions powers better, you need to move past the old ways. Satele herself speaks of how Arcann beat her and she's the Grandmaster of the order.

We don't see him teleport out from the ship

We don't see the ship explode. We hear about it.

Edited by Codedrago

Because we didn't have time to prepare with Revan or the Dread Masters, they were making their move quickly. Both Arcaan and the Fleet are the problem.

Shouldn't we spend out effort on the Fleet? They were what caused the defeat of the Empire/Republic, not wasting time on Arcann.

The reflexes that act on what they know I coming their way? Plus, any feeling that something was about to happen Arcann would assume would be the Outlander using his father's power.

Yes, Mace Windu was able to sense Anakin's approach when he arrived during the fight against Palpatine.

Shouldn't we spend out effort on the Fleet? They were what caused the defeat of the Empire/Republic, not wasting time on Arcann.

Arcann controls the fleet from the throne, that's why Valkorion keeps telling you that you need to take it. TO control the fleet you need the throne.