Tempted Apprentice Lightsaber SOUND BUG - "bleep boop tweeeeet"?

Ahkreeah

I got that new, nifty looking [Tempted Apprentice's Lightsaber] from a box. After upgrading and augmenting it, I decide to try it out. Instead of the usual activation sound, it makes a distorted yet distinct droid sound, a bleep boop. When swung, it makes no sound at all, being silent as the grave, except for a cut off droid bleep on occasion. Funny as it sounds, I think someone mistyped or just linked the wrong sound library to this saber. Please address this issue with the next bug fix when possible? Edited by Ahkreeah

Thanks for the report!

This a bug we are aware of. The saber is missing its ignition sound, which is intended to go with the "bleep bloop" noises. This will be fixed!

-Tait

Awesome! Two thumbs up.

Yea not getting that nice snap hiss ignite sound from the video. I hope they fix it soon. I really would like the kylo ren ignite sound the the arbiter's lightsaber. That would be cool! Edited by mastahtobus

Thank the Maker! I love the look of this hilt but when I heard it activate I died a little inside. The dual bladed version and the shoto seem to be fine although none of them seem to hum like other sabers when they are wielded. Additionally, I discovered that the lightsaber sounds fine upon activation in conjunction with a shoto (tested on a marauder) and continues to use the correct activation sound afterwards even if the shoto is unequipped.

Orbb: I can confirm this. I discovered last night that if I equip the shoto, then exchange it for the regular saber, the sound set works until you zone. Then you have to do it again. I was on my guardian, so leaving the shoto equipped as a second weapon wasn't an option, but good to know for a sent/mara that if they use one of each they're good to go until this gets fixed. And I feel you on the dying inside bit; this saber uses the ignition sound of Luke's RotJ saber as one of the effects (about 50% of the time), which I and many others have been waiting for since pre-launch :-P Edited by TestofFaith

Thanks for the report!

This a bug we are aware of. The saber is missing its ignition sound, which is intended to go with the "bleep bloop" noises. This will be fixed!

-Tait

When will you fix the ignition sound sir?

Thanks for the report!

-Tait

Tait can you confirm that ignition on that onehanded lightsaber should be same as on tempted apprentice dualsaber currently has in same pack? Because this is probably best lightsaber ignition sound i have ever heard 4+ years trying out ALL lightsabers including mission rewards.

Edited by Divona

Tait can you confirm that ignition on that onehanded lightsaber should be same as on tempted apprentice dualsaber currently has in same pack? Because this is probably best lightsaber ignition sound i have ever heard 4+ years trying out ALL lightsabers including mission rewards.

Divona, I am so glad I am not the only one. I been looking for a ROTJ luke type lightsaber since the second year of this game launching. No it's so close but it's bugged. :-(. Dev's PLEASE fix soon. It might seem minor but it means alot to some SW fans.

Divona, I am so glad I am not the only one. I been looking for a ROTJ luke type lightsaber since the second year of this game launching. No it's so close but it's bugged. :-(. Dev's PLEASE fix soon. It might seem minor but it means alot to some SW fans.

:)

I prefer lightsaber sound that you can actually hear when igniting/idle and in combat. Also lightsbers size should be more realistic than most we have currently ingame eg oversized and unrealistic big sticks. This lightsaber probably is closest to movies in terms of size, sound and hilt look. I think many underestimate this hilt because it is silver quality and sound is currently bugged.

Edited by Divona

:)

I prefer lightsaber sound that you can actually hear when igniting/idle and in combat. Also lightsbers size should be more realistic than most we have currently ingame eg oversized and unrealistic big sticks. This lightsaber probably is closest to movies in terms of size, sound and hilt look. I think many underestimate this hilt because it is silver quality and sound is currently bugged.

Yea, I've always liked the ROTJ Luke saber. Some of the sabers in the game look.. odd. I would like to see them re do the sounds for the Unstable Arbiter saber to more resemble kylo's. The effect of the saber is pretty cool though, but they could make the beam a bit thicker and more plasma looking. The ignite sound for that saber is unimpressive to say the least. Especially for being so damn hard to get.

Edited by mastahtobus

Just tried the Tempted Apprentice Shoto then switched back to the regular Tempted Apprentice saber. It does let the sound work until you load. Then you just have to switch back and do it again to make the cool ignition sounds work. It's kind of a pain but adleast a workaround til the dev's fix it. :D

Thanks for the report!

-Tait

Would it be possible to just remove the beepity boopity? Thanks :)

• 2 weeks later...

(Edit: Just noticed this mentioned on the previous page! Leaving it here in case anyone else missed it)

A workaround while we wait:

- Equip the Tempted Apprentice Shoto

- Ignite the lightsaber (Sound FX working correctly)

- Equip the Tempted Apprentice Lightsaber in place of the Shoto

You should now hear the correct FX when the Lightsaber is switched on and off. This does not persist through logout, so would need to be done each time you log on.

Edited by JarenWelen

So I take it that I'm the only one that ACTUALLY likes the beep boop sound of the saber? I think it's kinda fun and unique. Which is why I got two of them for my Sentinel. At least can we get a full and shoto sized sabers with the beep boop sound. Would definitely rock them in a raid just for fun.