Gifts Taking Over My Inventory

Rembian

I've got a lot of gifts. A lot.

Taking up vault/inventory space. I'm too lazy to go through them all, they drop everywhere, and you'd never have to stop shipping them around to toons who need em.

Can't they just make crystals drop/loot instead since they can already be used to buy gifts with this currency?

Just add the Rank 6's to fleet for the blue crystals like on Odessan, flying to Odessan on a toon that can't get there yet with a buddy who can fly there to spend the crystals there is also getting old, put that guy on fleet.

or even.. maybe.. shocking thought process here but bare with me...

Use them ? :p

I do a lot of heroics on a lot of toons. Some of my toons do nothing but heroics and have like 2 companions. I cant use them all on that toon. Shipping them around is a hassle.

I think maybe the reason they did it the way they did was to prevent getting all the same gift and leveling up comps too fast but... I mean you can already do that with the cartel market box companions.

If you don't want to use them, then just sell them on the GTN. Blues (rank 5) usually go for about 5k ea, Purples for 10-15k ea, and Legendaries for about 60-70k ea. That's not an insignificant amount of creds if you really have that many lying around. Edited by HeatRacer

Stash them in your legacy box for your next toon to use.

Dude my legacy storage is reserved for all the things being dropped by these new crates. 8 classes with 5 sets of armor each doesn't come with a low storage requirement.

1tt09GV.png

So most of my gifts remain on toons and I mail them around... just getting really old... and inventory consuming when I am out doing heroics.

sell them then.

I want to use them. I do use them, but they build up faster than I do use them. Not to mention how many different ones you get with different ranks.

It'd be way easy to provide the currency, allow me to buy what I want, and sell them if I don't want to use them, than to continuously build up in my inventory.

Dude my legacy storage is reserved for all the things being dropped by these new crates. 8 classes with 5 sets of armor each doesn't come with a low storage requirement.

1tt09GV.png

So most of my gifts remain on toons and I mail them around... just getting really old... and inventory consuming when I am out doing heroics.

must collect ALL the things...you could just get rid of some of those armor sets, use em or sell em.

Stash them in your legacy box for your next toon to use.

This. Blue/Purple Rank 5 & 6 Gifts take 3 rows worth of space, even with a stack of every single mat useable in game, and a tab for assorted gear i still have plenty of space for gifts...

Edited by XiamaraSimi

I want to use them. I do use them, but they build up faster than I do use them. Not to mention how many different ones you get with different ranks.

It'd be way easy to provide the currency, allow me to buy what I want, and sell them if I don't want to use them, than to continuously build up in my inventory.

You already do get a currency to buy gifts you want (data crystals). Anything extra is just that, extra, which you can sell at any time, either to a vendor, or the GTN. If you're too lazy to do that, that's fine, but it's not a problem that needs nerfing or reprogramming.

Edited by HeatRacer

I reserve my bottom 2 rows of inventory for blue/purple rank 5's on my characters, since everyone has a gift gathering skill. Rank 4 and below I use on the spot with whatever companion accepts them best. It's not worth it to save an inventory spot to maximize effectiveness on a rank 3 gift for some companion I might acquire someday.

Yeah, all those "remnant ___" and "conquered exarch" pieces I've been getting have just been funneled to the storage boxes of two newer characters that don't have any clutter of their own yet. I've vendored the duplicate copies that have come up and it's still about 2-3 bays from each character's storage that's being used to hold the rest until I decide what I want to do with them.

I used to make room in my legacy hold for a companion gift stockpile. Even though it only really takes up a few rows if you only reserve rank 5/6 at blue and better quality, that got to be a bit much at some point and lately I've had one of my characters holding onto the stockpile instead.

I've also got a character holding onto a bunch of the chestpieces from the free GSF pilot suits (and Nico coats as well) that I threw the free dye packs from the cantina crates into. (So each chestpiece is in 5 color schemes.) That character is also currently holding onto a bunch of the "devoted allies" weapons/offhands that I got out of Rishi/Yavin. (The "devoted allies" gear sets that I'd gotten are still just floating around in a few different characters' holds though.)

The stack size change was great for a bunch of my characters' personal cargo holds but now my legacy hold is officially "the materials hold" more than anything else it could ever be used for. Everything's in there, and it's completely filled bays 1-4. (And a good chunk of the 5th bay is being used to hold things like event currencies and Jawa scrap and other things like that.)

Legacy storage? Hello? Are you just trolling?

Someone didn't read the thread. Not surprising coming from this troll.

You already do get a currency to buy gifts you want (data crystals). Anything extra is just that, extra, which you can sell at any time, either to a vendor, or the GTN. If you're too lazy to do that, that's fine, but it's not a problem that needs nerfing or reprogramming.

Again, you get a ton of gifts. Yes, you DO get crystals as part of the quests and then on top of that you get gifts. I want the gifts part in crystal form so that it's not cluttering up my inventories.

must collect ALL the things...you could just get rid of some of those armor sets, use em or sell em.

I could... but then again I could keep the sets and use them for outfits.

This new system is such a waste of bag resources.

Someone didn't read the thread. Not surprising coming from this troll.

Someone does not get it:

I've got a lot of gifts. A lot.

1. Give them to your current companion if they take them. 2. Go to your SH and put them into legacy storage if they don't. 3. Log on on other characters and give said gifts to their companions. 4. If you have no companions who like said gifts, put them on the GTN.

All this has been laid out before you yet you persist in pooh-poohing it. Why anyone would stockpile large amounts of gifts is a complete and total mystery.

We can see who is trolling (although you will need a mirror to do so).

Gifts are not a problem when it comes to storage space.

You store them in the back of 1 character though. If a second character wants/needs them, you have to go through the process of mailing them.

Which defeats the purpose of using the legacy bank so that all characters have access to them.

I keep the 4s and the 5s in the bottom half of my last tab. 1s and 2s you can buy and I don't worry about the 3s. I dump all the 1s and 2s on them until they get in range of where the 3s would apply, stop gifting, do their storylines, and then use the 4s and 5s to get them over level 10. Haven't done the climb to 50 yet.

Gits also stacked so if you put them in a tab in your legacy bank that shouldn't be a problem. Stacking has increased now so unless you have more than what the stacking is now it shouldn't be a problem.

There are a lot of people I know that like this system as it helps them get their affection to some of their other companions to 50 without having to purchase gifts either by crystals or credits.

Crystals even have a limit and once you hit that limit you don't get anymore and I can hit the limit of the basic very easy before the week is out so that is really not a solution to your problem as there is more people that I know that cap their basic crystals in just a few days.

While I don't see the problem of Gifts to give to your companions I do want to know why there are gifts that you can't give your companions. Granted I sell the ones that do not give any of my companions influences I don't understand why these gifts even exist if they gain No Influence on any companion whatsoever and with KOTFE and getting companions from other classes I have really noticed this. What's the point of them other then selling them to a Vender for credits?

While I don't see the problem of Gifts to give to your companions I do want to know why there are gifts that you can't give your companions.

Saving them for the next character you create and for those munchkins.