Sorcerers can finally fly.

tyrningada

It has been over 5 months since the pvp community started to ask for class balance and IT FINALLY HAPPENED. Sorcerers now have been given new defensive-flying ability that makes this class competitive in warzones.

http://imgur.com/JOILIj3

Lets be honest. Sorcerers/Sages healers after 4.0 update are the easiest class to kill that ever existed in this game. We have terrible defensive cooldowns such as: useless phase walk with extremely long cooldown of 45 seconds, usual cc breaker and bubble that lasts only 8 seconds. Those weak abilities make me constantly die in stun lock when other players attack me.

Thanks to this new flying ability all foolish OP GUARDIANS AND JUGGERNAUTS will think twice before attacking sorcerers or sages. Just look how great it looks now.

http://imgur.com/AubC96F

THIS IS THE CLASS BALANCE WE’VE BEEN ASKING FOR MONTHS. Till Today most of the warzone teams were running with pyrotech powertechs, lethality snipers and merc healers. I especially hate those merc healers because they have the strongest defensive cooldowns, very strong burst, have immunity to interrupts and are very mobile. Those malignant mercenaries have also electro net ability that prevents me from using MY PRECIOUS BUBBLE AND THEN I DIE EASILY. Something really must be done with merc heal. There is a reason why EVERY RANKED TEAM RUNS WITH MERCENARY HEALER. I dont like those invisible sneaky little scoundrels too. They should be nerfed as well. Actually all classes should be nerfed except for my sage and other sorcerers.

^ made my day :D

Seriously though, sorcs are so bad and have such a horrible reputation that i wonder how any self respecting PvPer even dares to show his face inside a wz with one.

I would never do that, i would feel too awkward and self-conscious. Doing so would be a slap in the face of the sportsmanship ideal that a true PvPer should have respect of.

Edited by Kaedusz

LoL, that picture made me laugh... You have to love the knock back that's blows you into the funniest positions.

I ended up on the top of the dome in civil war once, when I tried to get down I fell to my death... I've been blown right over the top of Hypergates from one pylon to the other when I lept at someone on my Mara and they blew me back... And I've ended up stuck in the roof of Hutt Ball so many times I should get an achievement.

I also get the really bad knock backs or bugs like being blown into a rock or wall and you can't get out and the other team just use you for target practice or falling through the map to my death. That usually happens in Nova Coast or Makeb Arena.

As for playing sages/Sorcs in PVP, well some of us have mained sages since launch, we've played them when they were UP and OP. When they were hard and when they were easy. Don't blame all the players, blame Bioware for not being able to balance a class. Sure sages/Sorcs are one of the easiest to start playing with, but they are difficult to play "really" well. Most people just face roll and have no clue how to play the class and they rarely contribute to your team winning unless you have 8 of them all spamming rubbish and healing each other. All those mediocre and dare I say bad players just sit there and try to fluff numbers. But you can't just blame them if they are fluffing numbers because people let them free cast all match instead of shutting them down.

When I look at the score board I also look at how much damage they took, how much self healing they did, how many healers they had and then I look at the damage their team mates took. Most of the time I see that most of the Sorcs took minimal damage, same as the healers. I then look at the tanks and other melee and see they took nearly all the damage and hardly died while their healers kept them alive.

I hunt Sorcs and healers, I either keep them stunned, cc'd or I shut them down by putting huge amounts of pressure on them.

The really good Sorcs who actually get pressured will have extremely high dps numbers, huge self healing, take a considerable amount of damage and maybe not even have healers on their team and probably not died once all match.

If they dont get pressured they will have astronomical DPS figures. I can only think of 4 or 5 really good DPS Sorcs.

The mediocre and bad Sorcs will have reasonable to mediocre dps numbers, low self healing, will have taken low damage, have 2-3 healers on their team and still died multiple times. If they don't die, it's usually because they have a tonne of healers. If these guys don't get pressured their DPS is still mediocre. I would say most Sorcs fall into that category.

People really only have them selves to blame if they think Sorcs are OP or face rolling. If more players made them a priority to shut them down, then less people would roll them.

agree with op 100%.

I take huge hits from melee and cannot face tank any class on my sorc. Enemy team has to dps me down 3 times to 0, before finally killing me. Flying ability will finally make sorcs competitive!

While those mercs with a heavy armor and immunity to interrupts, and that awesome rocket out ability that perevents me attacking them for a whole gcd are completely overpowered. Those mercs need to be nerfed.

Yes, I totally agree with the OP.

Sorcs/Sages should definitely be boosted. I mean, why the hell isn't that bubble a permanent feature???

How does BioWare exxpect the Sorc/Sage to be useful to his teammates if he can't dps AS MUCH as he can heal? We all know healers are useless in PvP, only DPS matters.

And Sorcs/Sages should definitely get more cc abilties. And a healing boost.

I would be inclined to polymorph out of troll form now, but I get the feeling this is not the thread to be serious.

Nerf Mercs/Commandoes, then! They output too much dps, and have many cc immunities!

:rolleyes::p

I would be inclined to polymorph out of troll form now, but I get the feeling this is not the thread to be serious.

:rolleyes::p

Be careful. I've heard that if you stay in that form too long you'll forget your real identity and be stuck as a troll forever! :D