Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

The new Dashade is "official"

IanArgent

Probably, although with Jaesa it's possible they could try unifying the two, though I really doubt it.

Or give an option to turn her dark or light in her future story, the warrior having the option preset. They've scripted dozens of companions already and still add more, they could handle one with an option. This is basically two companions sharing the same name.

As far as I understand, the future dashade was burried in Yavin for the need of the story. That couldn't apply to Khem. On the other hand, having two dashade companions later might be a bit too much storywise.

Edited by Nkya

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't want my romanced Jaesa grey, MY Jaesa is DS pure and simple.

I don't want my Jaesa grey, MY Jaesa is LS pure and simple. But grey is one of the few ways they could go about her without overriding player choices and still keeping her as a romance option.

They better not bork Khem for non-KotFE characters when this goes live.

I wouldn't take BW's side of that bet. OTOH, if they manage to get it right, it will suggest they have gotten a firmer grip on the issues in the companion system.

I don't want my Jaesa grey, MY Jaesa is LS pure and simple. But grey is one of the few ways they could go about her without overriding player choices and still keeping her as a romance option.

Why would they have to change Jaesa? In terms of the game's internal "mechanics" she is two different companions, as much as Vette and Broonmark are.

Why would they have to change Jaesa? In terms of the game's internal "mechanics" she is two different companions, as much as Vette and Broonmark are.

And in terms of story she's the same companion who has the possibility of having two completely different personalities depending on your choice.

My only issue with them changing Khem, is that the others that have returned so far.

From other classes, they return with the influence that class had with it.

Khem being the first SI get, generally ends up having high influence due to having him all the way till tattoine.

So switching out to a different Khem, possibly means he will return at 1 influence.

I "hope" the new Khem returns with the influence he had, since he was my first to cap

Also what happens if you had used the terminal to return comps, will it simply switch to the new one? Which means those using terminal to bring back the original for crew skills, or SF etc could be left having to re level the new de shade

Even if you had Khem at max affection, it's not a big loss. Iit takes less than 80 tier 1 gifts to bring a companion up to rank 10, that's less than 10k credits.

Even if you had Khem at max affection, it's not a big loss. Iit takes less than 80 tier 1 gifts to bring a companion up to rank 10, that's less than 10k credits.

How long as it been since rank 10 was "max affection", though?

How many tier 1 gifts does it take to get a companion to rank 50?

Edited by Max_Killjoy

Well, yeah, if they're "replacing" a Companion, then perhaps they should have transferred over our Khem affection. But, whatever. My "Khem Khomplaint" has nothing to do with lost Influence. Khem has always been my favorite Companion. And, yes, when my Sorcerer was able, Khem was the first and only Companion I unlocked at the terminal. That I won't have him for KOTFE will have a chilling effect on my desire to complete KOTFE on my Sorcerer.

Well, yeah, if they're "replacing" a Companion, then perhaps they should have transferred over our Khem affection. But, whatever. My "Khem Khomplaint" has nothing to do with lost Influence. Khem has always been my favorite Companion. And, yes, when my Sorcerer was able, Khem was the first and only Companion I unlocked at the terminal. That I won't have him for KOTFE will have a chilling effect on my desire to complete KOTFE on my Sorcerer.

There's that too.

Khem was literally the first companion NPC I ever obtained in SWTOR, and still one of my favorites.

How long as it been since rank 10 was "max addection", though?

Haw many tier 1 gifts does it take to get a companion to rank 50?

If they start at Influence 10 (like many alliance alerts), not quite 5 mil (the vast majority is spent at 40->50) to do it by Rank 1 and 2 gifts from the vendor. 4675 Common crystals for Rank 5 gifts from that vendor (the cost of Blue gifts and Purple gifts per level works out to the same in CDC, so go for the Purple ones, you cut the count basically in half), 1473 Green Jawa scraps, 737 blue, or 369 purple; or 4500 CDC if you buy Rank 6 gifts (where's the vendor for those? I don't know).

Numbers taken from a spreadsheet found ava Dulfy's,

The time required to give all those gifts, though... Getting to 20 isn't so bad, even with rank 1 gifts. After that? It's ridiculous.

There's that too.

Khem was literally the first companion NPC I ever obtained in SWTOR, and still one of my favorites.

Look at it this way - the new guy is an alliance alert; I'd doubt that he will prevent you from retrieving Khem via terminal. And neither one will be forced into a role for the purposes of the story. Khem will still be the same as he was after Corellia.

Turning Jaesa grey would make her unrecognizable. It would be super lame and almost nobody would be happy. The game already recognizes the choice you made as a Sith Warrior in A Dream of Empire, but there is also a default option. Edited by OldVengeance

Who's tha new guy? Khem second cousin twice removed on his grandma side? The son he never knew from that chick he met at Tulock birthday party? His brother from another mother?

Whatever.....give the new guy to everyone else, my Inquisitor wants his morose monster back. :mad:

He's Khem's biggest fan who was locked up by Exar Kun and Vitiate...

Who's tha new guy? Khem second cousin twice removed on his grandma side? The son he never knew from that chick he met at Tulock birthday party? His brother from another mother?

Whatever.....give the new guy to everyone else, my Inquisitor wants his morose monster back. :mad:

No no you got it all wrong. Ak'ghal Usar is Khem Val's, father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate.

Personally I kind of like the idea of Grey Jaesa, possibly having joined the Zakuul Knights. In a weird way, it works for both versions of Jaesa.

Light Jaesa wanted to change the Empire from within because the Jedi were hypocrites and she wanted to help others. The Knights of Zakuul ignore light and dark and focus on their duty to the people of Zakuul and their (apparently) benevolent Emperor.

Dark Jaesa loves being Sith and believes that the powerful deserve to rule. Seeing Zakuul run in and trounce both the Empire and the Republic would likely cause her to want to sign up. A guy like Arcann, who takes what he wants and projects the image of strength, is exactly the kind of person Dark Jaesa looks up to.

Once she joins up (for either reason), her tendencies are toned down and mellowed out by Zakuulan training. Discipline causes Dark Jaesa to become more introspective and calm, while Light Jaesa sees how performing dark acts can lead to the apparent Zakuulan utopia.

Of course, she's not scheduled for season 1. Assuming we beat Arcann by the end of Season 1, it would be interesting to see how she'd take the destruction of everything she believed in a third time.

And? We're talking about how she'll be story-wise.[/QUOTe]

I imagine DS Jaesa will be one thing and LS Jaesa will be another thing, much as they are now, since they, as I said, as different from each other as Vette and Broonmark are. Why does their have to be some "leveling" of both versions of Jaesa into the same thing?

Edited by branmakmuffin

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.