Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

I'm in love with the PVP jumping beans

Icykill_

Jumping does nothing in this game You still get hit just as hard weather you jump or not. Good pvper's just laugh at the people that think this saves there life or makes them last longer. The space bar hero leet 1111zor hacks lol all my attacks still hit you the only thing that makes these attack vary is RNG..

In more skill-based games jumping is a perfectly legitimate tactic that's actually fairly effective at avoiding attacks. I'm also not just talking about FPS games, but other MMOs.

In SWTOR carebear pvp it doesn't matter, because it will go out of its way to ensure every attack is successful. Even AOEs dont need to be aimed now.

It's a habit from FPS's. Some people don't realize this isn't Halo or CoD and that bunny hopping won't make you harder to target.

I never played fps games and tend to jump around especially on my sorc/sage healer. I am always snared it seems, and while someone is beating on me, I like to heal and jump around at the same time. It's a stupid habit.

Jumping does nothing in this game You still get hit just as hard weather you jump or not. Good pvper's just laugh at the people that think this saves there life or makes them last longer. The space bar hero leet 1111zor hacks lol all my attacks still hit you the only thing that makes these attack vary is RNG..

doesn't reduce dmg, but I've punted ppl almost straight up instead of away many times. it definitely helps fighting a ranged class.

I tend to jump a lot while kiting on my scoundrel healer, roll, jump, turn around and roll into the other direction and laugh at people continuing to run in the wrong direction:D, jump, jump...

Sure, a good example of "when" to do it so that it helps.

Most of the ones I see look like they are nearly spamming the space bar all match. I'm not sure how they can even get half their abilities off if they spend 50% of the game in the air.

Anyway, I do love the healers doing it, especially sages and Sorcs. They stand out so much that all you need to say to the noobs on your team is target the person who is continually jumping. This is actually handy considering the noobs seem to mark everyone on the other team even if they aren't healers.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.