In-game Security Key Vendor

Valethar

In-game Security Key Vendor

Only available to players who have purchased or downloaded a security key and linked it to their Star Wars: The Old Republic account, this unique vendor sells exclusive gear and items

Is this the same 'exclusive' vendor the folks who paid for the Collector's Edition get? :eek:

After the enormous QQ Tsunamis about the CE, prior to the wipe, I hope not. Think I might need to break out the Draeger again, just in case. :D

Edited by Valethar

Most likely is.

I bet everyone who bought collectors is very happy they paid for a collectors, all we really needed is $6 for a security key for the "exclusive Vendor".

Im not even shocked from it, I guess Bioware joined up with the rest of the bastard companys, although my money is it being something EA suggested.

Its not

EDIT

Exclusive Collector's Edition Store: Unique in-game vendor with an assortment of items

In-game security key vendor! Only available to players who have purchased or downloaded a security key and linked it to their Star Wars: The Old Republic account, this unique vendor sells exclusive gear and items

come on guys, really? its not that hard to understand is it?

Edited by PlasticCupMan

Most likely is.

I bet everyone who bought collectors is very happy they paid for a collectors, all we really needed is $6 for a security key for the "exclusive Vendor".

Im not even shocked from it, I guess Bioware joined up with the rest of the bastard companys, although my money is it being something EA suggested.

If you're done jumping to conclusions and being outraged, no. The security key vendor is separate and entirely different from the Collectors' Edition vendor.

NO it's not. If you read the website. The security key vendor is a unique vendor ONLY available to people who have applied the security key to their account. It is completely separate from the CE vendor and may not be accessed by CE owners unless they have applied a security key to their account.

The CE vendor is still only accessible to CE owners, regardless of whether or not they have a security key attached to their account.

There is nothing saying that it is the same vendor. It very well may be a completely different vendor.

Unless we hear from Bioware/EA about it, we'll find out in game.

In beta it was a separate vendor (located outside the VIP lounge)..I haven't checked since early access started but I don't have any reason to believe it has changed. It seems to be a vendor available to anyone who has an authenticator. CE gets their's included, yes, but if you buy one after launch you'll should get access to that vendor too.

Edited by Targuran

It's most likely so that the vendor you go to in game might be located at the same place but they hold different items depending on what your account is registered with.

do you have CE you will see some wares and if you have a Key you will see those as well etc.

It is not the same vendor.

The security key vendor is located in a different location. The CE vendor is in the lounge.

The security key vendor is just a way to get more people to use security key functionality. It is in Bioware's interest to do so because it reduces overhead costs of CSRs dealing with "my account got hacked" issues.

Isn't there a security key (physical) inside the CE? This means CE's have either access to both shops or it is actually the same shop. For the CE-owners I hope the shops are different, although I don't mind having a chance to access it (until we get a conclusion)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.