The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

When Will Nico Return?

Gidrea

When they fix the multiple, ongoing, issues with companions.

Yeah. I suspect, given all the issues with companions starting with the relationship flags in SoR and then blowing up with 4.0, they've realized that the companion code/data in the game is a hot, hot mess, and they're taking a breath to figure out how far down the mess goes -- how deep the rabbit hole really is. Even if it wasn't internally a mess before, the changes of 4.0 may have broken a touchy setup.

It absolutely SUCKS if you were relying on Nico as your highest-influence companion for combat or crafting, but if they keep throwing band-aides at the thing and having to hotfix every patch with a fix that might break something else and so on... it's just going to keep resulting in more problems for more players.

Well, if they're not going to give him back, I'd appreciate them bumping up another companion of mine to 47. The fact that I spent so much on him and now can't use him irritates me. I'm patient, but this is a bit ridiculous. :(

Well, if they're not going to give him back, I'd appreciate them bumping up another companion of mine to 47. The fact that I spent so much on him and now can't use him irritates me. I'm patient, but this is a bit ridiculous. :(

We are going to get him back the day before the game shutdowns.

Oh for the love of...

Of course you're getting him back. If they don't hotfix him in before April's patch it'll be then. A lot longer than it should take sure, but he'll be back.

I'm not gonna bet more than 5 credits on him being back in 4.3. The companion subsystem has been a source of obvious, painful, bugs since 4.0 and ongoing, and Max has pointed out issues going back to SoR at least. And I'm not going to say it should have taken less time at this point; since they've not been able to launch a major patch without breaking companions since 4.0.

I''m wondering if there's a dartboard in BW HQ's break room with a pic of the guy who was held responsible for the companion subsystem on it.

I''m wondering if there's a dartboard in BW HQ's break room with a pic of the guy who was held responsible for the companion subsystem on it.

Let's keep in mind that this game was pushed out the door WAY before it was even ready. So the bugs and the coding issues that are buried deep down aren't always the fault of bad coding. It could easily be the fact that they just never had the time to fix what they wanted to when EA said, "I don't care what's wrong with it, you're releasing it on this day, period."

Does it suck that I don't have Nico? Hell yes. Because on some of my characters, he's either my only companion or my highest influence that I'm missing for crew skills now. Hell, on some of my characters, I can't even max out how many companions I can send on crew missions, because he's missing.

Am I a fan of the fact that this stuff might get fixed in a month? Of course not. It's frustrating. Irritating. This is the only MMO that I pay for now. And it's the worst for bugs and fixes. Go figure. LOL

But... if it happens to be that the poor guy who coded this stuff just never got to fix the bugs or had to hastily finish a mess of coding just to make it playable, because someone said, "You don't get the extra time to do it right," well... then... I'll be a bit less vociferous about it.

Let's keep in mind that this game was pushed out the door WAY before it was even ready. So the bugs and the coding issues that are buried deep down aren't always the fault of bad coding. It could easily be the fact that they just never had the time to fix what they wanted to when EA said, "I don't care what's wrong with it, you're releasing it on this day, period."

Does it suck that I don't have Nico? Hell yes. Because on some of my characters, he's either my only companion or my highest influence that I'm missing for crew skills now. Hell, on some of my characters, I can't even max out how many companions I can send on crew missions, because he's missing.

Am I a fan of the fact that this stuff might get fixed in a month? Of course not. It's frustrating. Irritating. This is the only MMO that I pay for now. And it's the worst for bugs and fixes. Go figure. LOL

But... if it happens to be that the poor guy who coded this stuff just never got to fix the bugs or had to hastily finish a mess of coding just to make it playable, because someone said, "You don't get the extra time to do it right," well... then... I'll be a bit less vociferous about it.

I chose my wording with caution - not the guy responsible, but the one held responsible.

you sure about that? this is bioware we are talking about.

Hey folks,

I wanted to pop in this thread and let you know that we are still working on the Nico issue. We are still working out exactly what is causing Nico to be unavailable and to get that fixed. I don't have a timeline right now but I want to assure you that it is a priority to get this addressed as soon as possible.

-eric

pretty sure. Maybe not on the timeline part, but he's coming back.

We are going to get him back the day before the game shutdowns.

Probably. If I lived near Bioware, I'd probably tie a bottle of gin to a string and a pink umbrella and walk through their lobby with it..."Looking for Nico...Nico Okarr..." :eek::p

I had two Nicos at 50.... I hoping their safe return soon, lol... but my expectations with these guys are so low that I wouldn't be surprised at all if they reset their affection or something...

I had two Nicos at 50.... I hoping their safe return soon, lol... but my expectations with these guys are so low that I wouldn't be surprised at all if they reset their affection or something...

Oh, that sucks. My second Nico was at 29, I was just starting to get him worked up. I liked him, because it figures after I got my Theron up to 50, I found i couldn't use him on SF cause he's sucking back coffee with Miot on the shuttle. We seriously need to organize an intervention and get him back where he belongs.

Before Andryah makes him 'polish the droid' some more. *smirk* Tee hee. :o:p