Game has died, Nowhere to go

MadCuzBad

There is no debate here. Solo stuff is alive rest of the game is dead. end of story.

A new PVP game type, a new arena, and yet people say they're ignoring PvP. Tough crowd.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say TEC is a harbinger* of things to come for Group PvE - you don't build an on-ramp to group content without plans to put something at the far end of it. As someone else said - if you want to see more group content, play TEC. Move their metrics.

(* - choice of noun deliberate)

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol wha.... name a game on the xbox one that that goes for 80$ for the standard price of admission. Not to mention in the long run you can always go play that game without restrictions years later, unlike SWTOR. I still go back and play the metal gear solid series and the force unleashed every now and then.

Sorry, you're right, I was looking at a couple of Deluxe Editions - Still $60 for a game, so 4 months of saving up. But it IS funny that you are defending the replayability of totally on-rails games, where you can't change any aspect, over this game that in that 4 months of subbing, you could unlock almost everything to remove those restrictions, and would still have at least 8 times the game that MGS or TFU have.

A new PVP game type, a new arena, and yet people say they're ignoring PvP. Tough crowd.

Its because of the underlying issues within SWTOR PVP, as the class balance and gear grind ruins it all. Not to mention arena PVP is terribru and isn't creative in the slightest. If they fixed the class balance and eliminated the gear grind, that would be enough to bring in myself to actually take another stab at PVP in this game to see if its a worthwhile element. Until then ill stick to battlefield 4 with my AEK anyway....

I had but never on-line.

OK, so I assume you mean you played RPGs? Or did you mean you played previous Battlefront's offline only? Just trying to figure out where you came from - there's no right or wrong answer :)

I got into MMOs back during SWG. Swore I'd NEVER pay a monthly fee to play a freaking game...haven't not played MMOs since.

OK, so I assume you mean you played RPGs? Or did you mean you played previous Battlefront's offline only? Just trying to figure out where you came from - there's no right or wrong answer :)

I got into MMOs back during SWG. Swore I'd NEVER pay a monthly fee to play a freaking game...haven't not played MMOs since.

I never played battlefront on-line I always played offline and with story mode.

Other SW games I have played include kotor 1&2, jedi knight series and TFU 1 & 2

Edited by Jedi_riches

Sorry, you're right, I was looking at a couple of Deluxe Editions - Still $60 for a game, so 4 months of saving up. But it IS funny that you are defending the replayability of totally on-rails games, where you can't change any aspect, over this game that in that 4 months of subbing, you could unlock almost everything to remove those restrictions, and would still have at least 8 times the game that MGS or TFU have.

While the story for primarily most MGS games are the same, the gameplay makes each run fresh and new with plenty of things to do each time. I can approach each situation differently utilizing different weapons, equipment, paths, etc. etc. I can go in with full non lethal stealth evading patrols and sneaking through their defenses, using CQC to stop patrols or simply toss a empty mag to go around. Maybe instead I just want to go in full Rambo with a light machine gun gunning through my path, or maybe I want to throw a poisonous snake at the enemy and wait for him to pass out. All this and many more mechanics is what makes the replay ability of the game higher than SWTOR. Not to mention MGS is one of those stories were you going to have to replay it multiple times to understand it because of how complicated it is. However this is assuming I get the game at full price and at launch... last I check I got the latest MGS for 30$, so two months in time to swtor, and over 250+ hours into it.

I never played battlefront on-line I always played offline and with story mode.

Other SW games I have played include kotor 1&2, jedi knight series and TFU 1 & 2

All exceptional games :)

Both Battlefront and JK:JA (online) were by far my favorite games EVER...nothing will ever compare. SWG is close, but it was so totally different that I don't classify it as anything similar to the other 2...MMOs, to me, occupy a different type of game entirely...far more social and group dependent.

Its because of the underlying issues within SWTOR PVP, as the class balance and gear grind ruins it all. Not to mention arena PVP is terribru and isn't creative in the slightest. If they fixed the class balance and eliminated the gear grind, that would be enough to bring in myself to actually take another stab at PVP in this game to see if its a worthwhile element. Until then ill stick to battlefield 4 with my AEK anyway....

PvP has the lowest "grind" of any of the repeatable elements of this game. I'd like it if you didn't have to keep a spare set of armor in inventory to be "efficient," but it's nothing like the gear grind for ops gear. (And, recall, I hate grinding).

Balance is a can of radioactive worms, especially since they can't seem to make PvP balance changes without messing with PvE balance. Whoever it was that suggested balancing classes by Expertise bonus had what I thought was at least a not-bad idea, but messing with expertise could put you into a situation where getting PvP gear might not be the "most efficient" thing to do. And I also have to wonder if the actual balance differences are magnified because the min-maxers all flock to the FotM classes for the slight edge it gives them, bringing their own personal expertise and min-maxed gear to those classes, magnifying the apparent imbalance.

All exceptional games :)

Both Battlefront and JK:JA (online) were by far my favorite games EVER...nothing will ever compare. SWG is close, but it was so totally different that I don't classify it as anything similar to the other 2...MMOs, to me, occupy a different type of game entirely...far more social and group dependent.

You probably already seen it before if you have, but if you haven't you will probably enjoy it, and if you have, its always hilarious to watch.

I almost cried at the end of EP7 when Luke didn't look like Jedi Academy Luke :(

Plus it really needs Kyle Katarns dry sarcastic humor to play off Lukes serenity :)

Oh and agreed JA Luke aged much better than Mark Hamill did :)

Edited by Jedi_riches

You probably already seen it before if you have, but if you haven't you will probably enjoy it, and if you have, its always hilarious to watch.

God...so many memories of that game...still looks good too.

I gotta ask...why would you play an MMO if you're really looking for a solo player game? How many single player games do you pay $15 a month for?

Ooo, let me: I play what's available to play. If nobody's on, or nobody wants to run FP x, or Op y, I find things to do. Newsflash: I did the same thing when I first started that I do today, and, shock: I do the same thing in every MMO I've ever played. I won't be found hanging out in a central hub, or the forums, complaining because the people I prefer to group with aren't available, I'll be too busy doing other things, or, conversely, discussing those things on the forums.

a definition of a genre doesn't change in 4 years, as it did not change in the past 20....

This is absolutely correct. So this "it's an MMO and people should be grouping for everything" argument can finally be flushed, not that I've seen it in this topic, yet. For the last ~2 decades, I've been playing MMOs. If I didn't have a group for something I wanted to do, I did something else, or I solo'd it, or tried to. I have never sat around complaining that I can't fill a group for specific content. I'll fill it, eventually, or someone else will want to run it later on, and I'll get it then. I do that here and I do it in DDO, I did it in Aion, and Rapplez. I did it in Guild Wars and Runes of Magic. I'm not dependent on the community to be able to play, if I'm in the mood to play, I'm in game, and if I can't get a group, I solo. Been that way for nearly 20 years, and sometimes, gasp, I'll even play SP games, the horror.

Ooo, let me: I play what's available to play. If nobody's on, or nobody wants to run FP x, or Op y, I find things to do. Newsflash: I did the same thing when I first started that I do today, and, shock: I do the same thing in every MMO I've ever played. I won't be found hanging out in a central hub, or the forums, complaining because the people I prefer to group with aren't available, I'll be too busy doing other things, or, conversely, discussing those things on the forums.

Why did you quote me if you weren't going to answer any of my questions Bob?

Why did you quote me if you weren't going to answer any of my questions Bob?

That is an answer to your question. I play the game I'm having fun in. If I can get a group together, I'll do that, if not, I won't be fussing about on Fleet about "the game is dead because I can't get my FP", and I won't be here starting a new thread every week either, if I'm playing, I'll be too busy playing, either working on an Alliance, or running some chapters, or even a new alt. It's not that I didn't answer your question, it's just that it's not the answer you wanted. I guess I could have condensed it even further: I don't.

That is an answer to your question. I play the game I'm having fun in. If I can get a group together, I'll do that, if not, I won't be fussing about on Fleet about "the game is dead because I can't get my FP", and I won't be here starting a new thread every week either, if I'm playing, I'll be too busy playing, either working on an Alliance, or running some chapters, or even a new alt. It's not that I didn't answer your question, it's just that it's not the answer you wanted. I guess I could have condensed it even further: I don't.

Fine Bob, you play what you want (like that's not common sense). This is why I don't quote you though...your reality and mine are not the same.

Fine Bob, you play what you want (like that's not common sense). This is why I don't quote you though...your reality and mine are not the same.

They are exactly the same, it's just that our outlooks differ. You see "no pvp pops" and get on the "the game is dead" bandwagon. I see "merge the servers so I can get pvp pops" and laugh, because even if they did a megaserver, I wouldn't be adding to anyone's PvP queue pops. We've been down that road though.

They are exactly the same, it's just that our outlooks differ. You see "no pvp pops" and get on the "the game is dead" bandwagon. I see "merge the servers so I can get pvp pops" and laugh, because even if they did a megaserver, I wouldn't be adding to anyone's PvP queue pops. We've been down that road though.

As I said, you see things 100% different than I do.

I see players with issues and I support their effort to get their issues addressed. You laugh.

As I said, you see things 100% different than I do.

I see players with issues and I support their effort to get their issues addressed. You laugh.

I do, and I do because it's funny. The hardcore pvpers are long gone. They went where pvp matters. I've been called a carebear by those that remain, including the OP, despite my background as an Asmodian on an Elyos dominated server in Aion. PvP matters, there. Ranks mean something, there are consequences for failure. So yes, when the carebears that stuck with PvP here complain, I do laugh.

I do, and I do because it's funny. The hardcore pvpers are long gone. They went where pvp matters. I've been called a carebear by those that remain, including the OP, despite my background as an Asmodian on an Elyos dominated server in Aion. PvP matters, there. Ranks mean something, there are consequences for failure. So yes, when the carebears that stuck with PvP here complain, I do laugh.

Keep going...I find it quite revealing.