Game has died, Nowhere to go

MadCuzBad

This is the thread that doesn't end

Yes, it goes on and on my friends

Some people started posting in it not knowing what it was

And they'll continue posting in it forever just because...

THATS GONNA BE STUCK IN MY HEAD FOR THE REST OF THE WEEK NOW.

I wish I could slap people through my monitor. :mad::p

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be fair I have 93 posts, and Menace also doesn't normally multi quote so I imagine we practically make up a 1/10 of the thread. Throw in comedy relief, bickering back and forth, people taking massive stabs at each other, and merges from other threads, and you get this.

Multi what now?

This is the thread that doesn't end

Yes, it goes on and on my friends

Some people started posting in it not knowing what it was

And they'll continue posting in it forever just because...

I don't get it ... perhaps you could link a video or something?

No one knows what might happen next but everybody still keeps doing it.

Play on,game on....

P.S.

About time for /thread?

We can't "/thread" this yet, need 2,457 replies to make it to the front page of the most replied threads ever.

Only another 274 to go. \o/

We can't "/thread" this yet, need 2,457 replies to make it to the front page of the most replied threads ever.

Only another 274 to go. \o/

MCB needs to start another thread to get merged into this one; and bollix up the count again

MCB needs to start another thread to get merged into this one; and bollix up the count again

He probably will. From what I saw in a different thread the whole quarterly stuff is coming up and we all know he prefers making his own threads vs. responding to existing ones.

Edited by JennyFlynn

What's this about Thread Merges? It's about time!

Some people are stuck posting in dying threads and they have no recourse. I mean, talk about a slap. in. the. face.!

This is far overdue, but I think the real solution should have been cross-thread posting. That would allow people to get the maximum exposure and impact and, frankly, the lack of it is why this forum is dying.

:p

Edited by AlienEyeTX

He probably will. From what I saw in a different thread the whole quarterly stuff is coming up and we all know he prefers making his own threads vs. responding to existing ones.

Right -- the thread where EA mentioning SWTOR means they're trying to prop up lagging subs, and EA not mentioning SWTOR means they're about to "pull the plug"... :rolleyes:

Ch.X is the most mechanically awful of all the chapters. Pointlessly tedious, uninteresting boss fight, and a moral "choice" where one side is cartoonishly sociopathic. At least Ch.XI more than redeems, from a mechanics and tediousness standpoint (though, again, the storyline choices are pretty shallow). Give me an honest railroad instead of "choices."

Yup, my least favourite for numerous reasons; Kaliyo, those bloody alarms blaring all the time and it struck me as being just a little too long by means of superfluous combat. The range on some of those skytroopers when you get to the final stage (upon getting out of Kaliyo's vehicle and making your way to the entrance to the building) was astounding.

I've 4 more characters to drag through that and I really dread it...to the point where I might just not do it.

Some people are stuck posting in dying threads and they have no recourse. I mean, talk about a slap. in. the. face.!

This is far overdue, but I think the real solution should have been cross-thread posting. That would allow people to get the maximum exposure and impact and, frankly, the lack of it is why this forum is dying.

Ahahahahahahaha. Oh good one. :D

Right -- the thread where EA mentioning SWTOR means they're trying to prop up lagging subs, and EA not mentioning SWTOR means they're about to "pull the plug"... :rolleyes:

Damn. It's 06:00 here, just woke up and saw it's a beautiful morning and come here to find out that the damn sky is falling...again?

Bloody hell. It's too damned early to run around in circles screaming hysterically.

Will SWTOR die in the foreseeable future? No.

If they continue to release single player content while charging MMO fees, are MMO minded players going to continue to leave? Yes.

For BioWare to have a sketchy track record with content releases and then 4 years in when players/guilds/etc are fairly established if somewhat impatient given the delays between content - just to suddenly and fundamentally shift the entire focus of the game towards single player story time, you cannot expect players who have been waiting for years for content to just be like "oh ok, that's fine."

No, just no. Do you realize that after another lengthy delay between operations (just as an example) they told the playerbase there would never be another delay like that - and now based on the Dev's open letter it is apparent this delay (which has already been surpassed) will now be doubled?

But yeah progression guilds who fall apart are all stupid because they don't see how awesome kotfe is, right?

Thanks for reminding me ... the investor call is up for anyone interested to pick over it.

http://investor.ea.com/eventdetail.cfm?EventID=171833

It's late so I haven't had a proper read over it but a simple text search for the word "star" in the comments and earnings release and not one mention of this game what so ever?

I find that personally concerning but then I predicted the quarter in question would be crap, it always is ... it's what comes next that counts and as long as there is nothing new on the horizon means there is no positive long term future for this game.

See ... balance, I play it both positive and negative as I see it. ;)

Thanks for reminding me ... the investor call is up for anyone interested to pick over it.

http://investor.ea.com/eventdetail.cfm?EventID=171833

It's late so I haven't had a proper read over it but a simple text search for the word "star" in the comments and earnings release and not one mention of this game what so ever?

I find that personally concerning but then I predicted the quarter in question would be crap, it always is ... it's what comes next that counts and as long as there is nothing new on the horizon means there is no positive long term future for this game.

See ... balance, I play it both positive and negative as I see it. ;)

I have never read these before. But I had a few minutes so I read this one. No mention at all about SWTOR that I could see. We are like the bastard child nobody wants to talk about it seems. This is amazing. I am not sure what to read into this but I have to honestly say I really do not think that is good that we are not even mentioned. Maybe I'm wrong. I don't know much about these earnings things. But common sense tells me if you have something worth mentioning you mention it. And the lack of even mentioning SWTOR does not seem positive to me.

Oh, well tha'ts not so bad.

Thought you might have meant this:

10 million credits for anyone that can manage to video themselves viewing that clip for the full 10 hours with not skipping. :)

What can I say? I love the classics.

I have never read these before. But I had a few minutes so I read this one. No mention at all about SWTOR that I could see. We are like the bastard child nobody wants to talk about it seems. This is amazing. I am not sure what to read into this but I have to honestly say I really do not think that is good that we are not even mentioned. Maybe I'm wrong. I don't know much about these earnings things. But common sense tells me if you have something worth mentioning you mention it. And the lack of even mentioning SWTOR does not seem positive to me.

It's actually not uncommon that franchise-licensed games are contractually-bound from seeking outside investment. This is why a lot of licensed games end up being quite rubbish.

Will SWTOR die in the foreseeable future? No.

If they continue to release single player content while charging MMO fees, are MMO minded players going to continue to leave? Yes.

For BioWare to have a sketchy track record with content releases and then 4 years in when players/guilds/etc are fairly established if somewhat impatient given the delays between content - just to suddenly and fundamentally shift the entire focus of the game towards single player story time, you cannot expect players who have been waiting for years for content to just be like "oh ok, that's fine."

No, just no. Do you realize that after another lengthy delay between operations (just as an example) they told the playerbase there would never be another delay like that - and now based on the Dev's open letter it is apparent this delay (which has already been surpassed) will now be doubled?

But yeah progression guilds who fall apart are all stupid because they don't see how awesome kotfe is, right?

Where is this sudden and fundamental shift you speak of? When I read this, the first thing I thought of was Chapters 1-3 of the main game, and how you could easily level to 50+ w/out ever stepping foot into a FP/WZ/Op, or any group, for that matter.

The ops here are nothing special. PvP here is toothless, and the FPs aren't spectacular either. None of those "made" this game, but essentially having 8 games in the beginning? That likely lead to lots of people at least playing. I know it's what brought me in. SP/MP/MMO didn't matter, I started with a SW, and then had to see what was different about x, y and z.

You have won this thread. Flawless victory.

Well many of my friends went preffered, just buying passes, lvling toons and stuff. Seems that people are slowly leaving, yet many are staying and hope for a better tomorrow.

You can still see it on sites like Parsely, reddit, that people are posting things, doing things. Its not over yet, but Bioware needs to do something.

We here at the forum are proud to present you with this gold-plated internet, in recognition of your brilliant post.