Game has died, Nowhere to go

MadCuzBad

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not about what I may want or not want to believe.

It's about whether the observable evidence is verifiable, and about whether that evidence actually supports the claim being made.

lol wow

how about you ask anyone that has characters on harbinger?

here it goes mrs. denial; i transferred to harbinger before kotfe. it had 4 instances every night. now it has 1-2.

but but but but but but but

lol this white knight denial is utterly ridiculous.

I just didn't envision you being on the "sky is falling" side of the argument when the actual queue times remain unchanged.
woah you think queue times mean something and fleet instances don't?

this is completely ridiculous now.

lol wow

how about you ask anyone that has characters on harbinger?

here it goes mrs. denial; i transferred to harbinger before kotfe. it had 4 instances every night. now it has 1-2.

but but but but but but but

lol this white knight denial is utterly ridiculous.

I been on harb for almost three years... and the most I have ever seen were three instances besides the launch of a expac and shortly after, let alone on at night. Bioware stated they had the "highest amount of players since three years ago" which I presume was around the release of a new movie, Christmas, and the launch of a recent expac, but most of the people burned out on it and left.

Is this what you think Ian? You think people are just hangin out other places? FINE!!!!!!!!!! I DON'T CARE!

It's MY belief that less people is because of less players.

Tux, I never go to the fleet unless I need to upgrade my gear. I then run to the fleet and get off quickly. I normally hang out in my stronghold or Odessan. Most of our guild is like that. We hate the fleet.

I been on harb for almost three years... and the most I have ever seen were three instances besides the launch of a expac and shortly after, let alone on at night. Bioware stated they had the "highest amount of players since three years ago" which I presume was around the release of a new movie, Christmas, and the launch of a recent expac, but most of the people burned out on it and left.
there were 4 when i joined.

also your quotation is a little off.

"highest amount of players since three years ago" should be "highest amount of subscribers since three years ago"

yes, 15$ subs that people had to pay for to get the expansion. if you want to conclude that mean most players, or that people didnt just unsub after one month like 90% of the people i know, then be my guest. the denial train seems to be packed.

Tux, I never go to the fleet unless I need to upgrade my gear. I then run to the fleet and get off quickly. I normally hang out in my stronghold or Odessan. Most of our guild is like that. We hate the fleet.
what does this have to do with anything?

if you were never on fleet then you were never there. it's a relative comparison.

You know. I've been either playing or following this game since before it launched and if I had a dollar for each thread that has said this game is dead or dying I would have enough to higher someone to count the number of threads claiming this while I drive around town in a gold plated bugatti

People who avoid the fleet has ALWAYS avoided the fleet, its no different now than it once was. People who go their for a quick crew training skills, for gear, to pick up a mission, or to store something is in and out and has been like that probably since the launch of strongholds.

If fleet has 20% of the population total playing, and fleet was considerably smaller, than it would be safe to say that the overall population of the game is smaller.

People who avoid the fleet has ALWAYS avoided the fleet, its no different now than it once was. People who go their for a quick crew training skills, for gear, to pick up a mission, or to store something is in and out and has been like that probably since the launch of strongholds.

If fleet has 20% of the population total playing, and fleet was considerably smaller, than it would be safe to say that the overall population of the game is smaller.

Nope it's not safe to say that because of a changing player base and guild ships.

there were 4 when i joined.

also your quotation is a little off.

"highest amount of players since three years ago" should be "highest amount of subscribers since three years ago"

yes, 15$ subs that people had to pay for to get the expansion. if you want to conclude that mean most players, or that people didnt just unsub after one month like 90% of the people i know, then be my guest. the denial train seems to be packed.

Oh come on Pagy... I know I haven't been here that long but you should know if anything im on the "game is dying train" if anything :D.

My bad with the quotes however, and im pretty sure most of the people who got sucked into KOTFE did the 1-9 chapter and left already.

You know. I've been either playing or following this game since before it launched and if I had a dollar for each thread that has said this game is dead or dying I would have enough to higher someone to count the number of threads claiming this while I drive around town in a gold plated bugatti

Ayup.

That's why they amuse me. To further amuse myself, I'm keeping track of some of the naysayers' names so that, in future, when they start up again, I can cheerfully remind them that their prediction of the game's demise ("it won't last another _____") was codswallop.

Or that the dynamic of the player base has shifted to more non fleet oriented players.

Nope it's not safe to say that because of a changing player base and guild ships.

Guild ships have been out for a long time, and strongholds even longer, and these provide the same functions for the most part unless your a conquest player, and even then it takes two mins to move the ship.

People who avoided the fleet at all costs has always done so, those who stay on fleet doing whatever seemed to have dwindled lately.

I'm going to be that contrary one. :) Back before strongholds and guild ships et alia, Fleet was where it was at. Everyone was there and yep, some huge numbers because there really wasn't anywhere else to hang.

We are now dispersed. I don't know if you're right or not. I suspect not but A) neither of us have actual numbers (anecdotal but not actual) and B) so long as the lights are on, I'm here (or unless EA/BW does something that irks me badly in which case I'll slope off without pullin' a drama llama all over the boards).

None of my guild/friends hang on Fleet anymore unless they're gathering for an OP and even then they're more likely to be on the GS.

Oh come on Pagy... I know I haven't been here that long but you should know if anything im on the "game is dying train" if anything :D.

My bad with the quotes however, and im pretty sure most of the people who got sucked into KOTFE did the 1-9 chapter and left already.

welcome aboard then, the chicken-little dining car gets packed by 7.

the veal is my favorite!

Edited by Pagy

I suspect, strongly, this plays a big part.

I also suspect the game is nowhere near "death".

That update was two years ago...and while instances have been raised theirs usually only two as of late on harb, and the second one is only filled up 2/5.

This game isn't near death, but its heyday and prime is over it seems.

Edited by peter_plankskull

Oh, I couldn't leave these forums without telling a couple people they won't have me to kick around any more ;)

Not that I'm planning on leaving, mind you. The game, or the forums. I'm a terrible person and enjoy Forum PvP. And that queue pops quickly.

I used to be on fleet while I played, since December however I never go to fleet anymore.

!) There is absolutely no need to be there, unless your quickly picking up quests or gear, or training (class or crew skills)

2) Cargo holds/Legacy cargo holds are in Strongholds, as are GTN, so no need to be on fleet for those,

3) Pugging raids is now done mainly in the various end game channels (So no need for fleet there).

4) training dummies are in your starship so no need to go to fleet for that.

5) Rakghoul event every month (avoid fleet at all costs during that annoying event)

Even when I'm queu'd for GSF I don't bother standing on fleet. there is no point any longer. So making assumptions on how dead a server is by the number of Fleet instances is simply not going to give you an accurate reading on the true population.

That update was two years ago...and while instances have been raised theirs usually only two as of late on harb, and the second one is only filled up 2/5.

This game isn't near death, but its heyday and prime is over it seems.

Ebbs and flows, ebbs and flows. I've played enough MMOs to know this is normal. "Plateau-ing" not "death". Hell, they're still cranking out content which argues against death throes.