The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Game has died, Nowhere to go

MadCuzBad

http://www.swtorprogress.com/swtor-server-status.php

Kids are still delusional, OMG LOOK AT THOSE PACT SERVERS! GAME ISNT GOIng Anywheres guys!! We EAt the spoon from the hand of the great EA truth bowl.. gimmie mOAAAR!!!

See you guys in a year.... LOL

NOT!!!

Ha ha ha. Love it. Hey, according to the posts in that link, the game was dead 3 years ago. Fascinating, isn't it?

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ha ha ha. Love it. Hey, according to the posts in that link, the game was dead 3 years ago. Fascinating, isn't it?

To be fair that actually was a low point in the game which caused it to go f2p. I'm not saying it was going to die, but that wasn't exactly something to brag home about back then.

To be fair that actually was a low point in the game which caused it to go f2p. I'm not saying it was going to die, but that wasn't exactly something to brag home about back then.

Are the graphics any more current than the posts? I really have no idea, but since I took the time to look at the entirety of the link, and noticed a 4 year old and a 3 year old post as the only things there, I was curious.

Are the graphics any more current than the posts? I really have no idea, but since I took the time to look at the entirety of the link, and noticed a 4 year old and a 3 year old post as the only things there, I was curious.

Meh disregard my earlier post... I have no idea when that was posted... I thought it was around the late 1.0 cycle but it looks closer to launch as it has 198 servers. No idea about that... doesn't look valid anyway honestly.

No such thing.

The only pvp-ers that stay on this game for longer than a few weeks are those that do other things as well. If you PVP only... you will leave after a while.

So that's why no pure pvp guild exists.

That right there sums up the attitudes of a small but very loud group of people on these forums. Absolutely amazing that I have played this game since launch and have ALWAYS 100% of the time belonged to guilds that did PVP 100% of the time. The guild I have been in for over 2 years now on Harbringer ONLY does PVP and we top 10 on conquest almost every single week.

Absolutely amazing and disgusting attitude this little cult has.

Edited by MadCuzBad

Stop taking little sound bites out of an entire thread. Read the whole response I left and not 1 little line and I explain everything you are asking. A sentence taken out of context is a pre text.

You could learn quite a lot.. if you took your own advice here. ;) You would also be taken more seriously in the forum.

I see you still putting peanut butter on both sides of your bread.

Edited by Andryah

You could learn quite a lot.. if you took your own advice here. ;) You would also be taken more seriously in the forum.

I see you still putting peanut butter on both sides of your bread.

Over 50k views. I think my opening statement is taken very very seriously. Its just people like you who pew pew it TBH.

Over 50k views. I think my opening statement is taken very very seriously. Its just people like you who pew pew it TBH.

Read your own thread ... the majority of posts, and thus one could conclude views, are in opposition to your point of view.

Read your own thread ... the majority of posts, and thus one could conclude views, are in opposition to your point of view.

Yes by the same small cult of cheerleaders. Also most people don't do what I do. I am here trying to avoid a collision with a perfect storm. Most people get aggravated, unsub and vanish. They feel its not worth playing and move on. They usually don't come here and try to make a positive change like I have. Not all, but most just leave and move on.

Edited by MadCuzBad

Yes by the same small cult of cheerleaders. Also most people don't do what I do. I am here trying to avoid a collision with a perfect storm. Most people get aggravated, unsub and vanish. They feel its not worth playing and move on. They usually don't come here and try to make a positive change like I have. Not all, but most just leave and move on.

There is nothing positive about the way you post chicken little.

This "just a tiny number of vocal ______" thing reminds me of when levelsync was coming out, except that it was a few of the biggest supporters of Bioware's move to levelsync who insisted, just insisted, that the critics or skeptics were just "the same tiny number of people posting over and over".

(Also reminiscent -- the way they also always had to include an attempt to make any disagreement with their position a matter of some imagined personal fault on the part of those disagreeing...)

It's just another psychological failsafe for a certain sort of person, who can't grasp that other people have different priorities, experiences, and positions from their own.

Edited by Max_Killjoy

Yep.

Keep in mind though.. he has never let facts slow him down, much less think objectively about the feedback he is receiving on the topic. :)

You seem to have a very inflated view of yourself. I think creating this thread and having so many posts and views has blown your ego out of proportion.

Harbringer is sucking whatever life is left out of all remaining servers. It is happening on every server. Shadowlands which is reportedly the second highest populated server has had entire guilds of people transferring. Its even worse on slower servers. One of Shadowlands largest guild Republic and Imperial Bowling League is now in mass on TheHarbringer. This phenomenon is happening all over. Harbringer now is the "GO TO" server and people are flocking there daily. As a result Harbringer is kept on life support longer and the other servers are paying a heavy price as people leave for a stronger population.

For anyone who came from Star Wars Galaxies prior to the release of this game would have remembered the same phenomenon on a server called Starsider. SWG's issue was a little different for the reason why it happened there but the results are the same and perfectly predictable. It is a very simple process that is inevitable when this type of pattern starts.

The sad reality for me playing this game is that different than SWG, this could have been avoided or at least massively reduced by this game having a server to server que system. This game is built on que based game play for an enormous amount of game play both PVP and PVE alike. Not having this system up and running is a deathblow to a potentially awesome game.

SWG's fix to what happened with Starsider was a little different. SWG need to create a mega server because it relied so heavily on open world PVP and an ops system strictly based on groups forming without an form of a que system needed or used. Two different issues, but same exact predictable results.

This shift of players from all servers to TheHarbringer is not going to change. As a matter of fact it is 100% predictably going to enhance as the player base on any other server other than TheHarbringer lightens up. The exact same thing happened to SWG when Starsider was determined to be the GOTO server. The only thing that saved a full out total disaster is that Starsider was so populated the lag was absolutely unplayable a lot of the time. It was bad enough that small groups of guild would goto Flurry for some lag relief and still have decent open world PVP.

That problem most likely wont happen here because even with all the the hordes of players leaving their less populated servers to goto TheHarbringer, TheHarbringer while still the most populated server hands down gets all the refugees, it seems the amount of people quiting the game is just as much.

I am not going to debate the population issue. As far as I am concerned, the population of the remaining 8 servers besides TheHarbringer is without any doubt on decline. Anyone who argues that will have to argue it with someone else. I do not want to debate a completely obvious fact to any normal thinking person. Either way anyone who comments on the fact that all 8 servers have not been on a downward trend can do it without a response from me. Go troll someone else. I have had enough of debating with the small cults about this issue.

Bottom line is this. What are you planning on doing about this immanent issue that is not coming our way, but it is here right now. This issue will get progressively worse each day that more people transfer to TheHarbringer. I have lived thru it and it is without any doubt predictable with absolutely no other possible outcome at its current state. What is going to be done about this perfect storm heading our way?

Edited by MadCuzBad

Harbringer is sucking whatever life is left out of all remaining servers.

Speak for yourself, and yourself, only MCB. Harbinger is a west coast server, and I'm East coast. I find minimal lag on Shadowlands, and that's where I'm going to stay. I tried Harb for a while, didn't like the lag.

You can keep it as well as your premise that it's "Sucking the life" out of the game. I'll never go there again.

Edited by xordevoreaux

Speak for yourself, and yourself, only MCB. Harbinger is a west coast server, and I'm East coast. I find minimal lag on Shadowlands, and that's where I'm going to stay. I tried Harb for a while, didn't like the lag.

You can keep it as well as your premise that it's "Sucking the life" out of the game. I'll never go there again.

Other than ping problems and the lack of RP, or simply wanting to be left alone, their is literally no reason to be on any other server right now. Anyone who wants to do group related stuff that doesn't involve RP should literally move to Harb, and that needs to change.

Other than ping problems and the lack of RP, or simply wanting to be left alone, their is literally no reason to be on any other server right now. Anyone who wants to do group related stuff that doesn't involve RP should literally move to Harb, and that needs to change.

I will speak for myself here. I 100% agree with you!

Flawed analysis, AGAIN, filled with opinion and largely absent fact. Did you really need a brand new thread to keep posting the same nonsense over and over again. Take it back to your original thread.

To any new readers... the OPs context is strictly PvP play, and specifically group play. To him, there is nothing in this game but group queued PvP. So.. take that as context.

This thread should be folded back into the OPs other thread, IMO. http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=875472

Edited by Andryah

I call B.S. Both my guilds grew this weekend on Shadowlands. I've 467 members/240 accounts on pub, and 453 members / 202 accounts imp side. That's not any definition of dying or dead in my book.. They group, They do HM FPs. They run together doing heroics.

There is no great inevitability that Harbinger is this inescapable black hole that all players are going to be sucked into.

We have minds and experiences of our own, and we'll decide for ourselves, thank you. I don't see my guildmates saying "I'm quitting to go Harb." I'm seeing them say "Thanks for the invite!"

I call B.S. Both my guilds grew this weekend on Shadowlands. I've 467 members/240 accounts on pub, and 453 members / 202 accounts imp side. That's not any definition of dying or dead in my book.. They group, They do HM FPs. They run together doing heroics.

There is no great inevitability that Harbinger is this inescapable black hole that all players are going to be sucked into.

We have minds and experiences of our own, and we'll decide for ourselves, thank you. I don't see my guildmates saying "I'm quitting to go Harb." I'm seeing them say "Thanks for the invite!"

I'm not saying everyone is jumping ship to get to that goldmine, but since they made separate instances for PVE and PVP, the main reason to join those servers, their is no other reason not to be on the highest populated server anymore. It may inevitably have a snowball affect for those who aren't truly dedicated to a guild on their server, but who knows... I'm not saying people are going to transfer, but the main incentive to join other servers than the ones with the highest population besides the above mention cons is gone.

Well let me ask you a question. If you had to bet your life saving, would you say more people are leaving Shadowlands for TheHarbringer, or would you say more people are leaving TheHarbringer for Shadowlands? End of story.