How to get expertise pre-50

Trietxan

I know people are going to hate that I have revealed this secret, but I am tired of seeing people complain about 50's being OP, bc they have expertise. Truth is, you have to take into account how many datacron stats they have and how many more talents they have than you.

For those of you who are uninformed. You can have expertise as early as level 34.

This capability comes from the genius modding system in this game. There is a PvP weapon vendor next to the PvP daily mission box. You spend 330 commendations to buy a weapon. The weapons have expertise on them. The expertise is fortunately on the enhancement part of the weapon. Therefore, you can remove the mod from the weapon and place it on another piece of gear. So, for the price of 330 commendations you can purchase an expertise enhancement. For the hardcore PvPers like myself, this is a low cost, because I had reached a point where I had 1000 Mercs and 1000 WZ comms and was buying the PvP green boxes and selling the gear for credits since I wasn't 50 yet and already had a 50 box that is unique and can't be opened.

I know those that have figured this out already will not like seeing this secret revealed on the Forums, but it should help resolve the debate of no expertise vs. 50's. Now if you are still crying that you can't get expertise til 34, I'm sorry, but this is not a twink game.

you found that a single expertise mod made a noticeable difference?

You can rebuy it and equip the mod in several different pieces of gear.

Its not all that difficult to get 330 commendation if you're leveling mostly through pvp. It goes really fast if you're consistently good and get a lot of medals per game.

• 3 weeks later...

You do realize they are changing this right? didnt they already state its a 'bug' that you can take them out atm or something.

There is supposed to be ZERO (0) expertise on sub 50 gear so it doesn't affect the 1-49 bracket come tuesday.