Curious - how is the PVP here?

RogueScout

Just wondering how is the PVP here? Balanced? Active? Regs pop frequently?

Regs pop frequently. Primetime is usually late afternoon to early morning for regs. Imps generally win more, but the average skill level of each side is essentially the same. This is probably due to there being more PvP focused guilds on Imp side. Solo ranked rarely pops unless you can do a lot of convincing on fleet. Team ranked can pop almost every night. You just have to let people know you are queuing.

Regs pop frequently. Primetime is usually late afternoon to early morning for regs. Imps generally win more, but the average skill level of each side is essentially the same. This is probably due to there being more PvP focused guilds on Imp side. Solo ranked rarely pops unless you can do a lot of convincing on fleet. Team ranked can pop almost every night. You just have to let people know you are queuing.

Thanks m8, appreciate the info.

Skill level the same lol wut? pubs cant kill anything these days. i never seen a pub won a match (unless i had to went pub for some odd reason for a few matches)

All time we get pubs in mathc (which is pretty rare) it ends with non stop farming them for 55+ kills cheevos.

Imperial PVP is pretty strong guild wise, but there are still many *******s out there.

65 pvp regs almost all time just slows at the late night/early morning

Edited by mathcorerus

I mean there are only really a handful of good imp players and if you take them out of the equation, there is very little difference between the two sides.

Pffft lol...

And if you take Steph Curry and Klay Thompson off of the Warriors, they'd be about even with the rest of the NBA. But that's not how it works.

Edited by ace_boogie

If it's anything like my experience today, Pubs are complete idiots.

Mark the healer. Shout out "focus healer". Everyone ignores healer but me. 5 matches like that of the empire just destroying people. Reminds me of why I gave up on PvP in MMOs in the first place. Lol.

If it's anything like my experience today, Pubs are complete idiots.

Mark the healer. Shout out "focus healer". Everyone ignores healer but me. 5 matches like that of the empire just destroying people. Reminds me of why I gave up on PvP in MMOs in the first place. Lol.

^^Pretty much this.^^

I played 70 matches the friday before last for the Centurion title. One I managed to carry cause the imps sucked. In total, we won about 5ish matches, out of 70.

I mean, there are days/nights where that's different and good PvP'ers decide to queue pub side. Often a friend and I will queue together and we'll usually win a higher percentage of matches working together, but if our team still sucks there's not much we can do about that.

~ Eudoxia

It doesn't help that nearly every healer you see is a Sorc. I didn't realize how strong they were until I tried to solo one as a dps, as I'm still fairly new to PvP (actually had to get a set of 190 gear just to get the expertise buff). Against an Agent healer or Merc I could deal damage. Maybe not kill them, but deal a decent amount of damage and keep them from really focusing on the rest of the group. Sorcs (and I assume Sages) are a different matter. Immunity bubbles, massive mobility, able to take to 2-3 dps while healing themselves and keeping the party up seems a bit ridiculous.

Sorcs (and I assume Sages) are a different matter. Immunity bubbles, massive mobility, able to take to 2-3 dps while healing themselves and keeping the party up seems a bit ridiculous.

I have full 204 gear, and pretty much this. It takes several geared DPS to down a sorc/sage, period. They nerfed the burst on Shadows so every time you burst them down they can heal up before you can get another set of burst damage in.

Thankfully there's a lot of ************ about Sorc and Operatives on the PTS server, so if we're lucky we're looking at nerfs to these classes in 4.3.

~ Eudoxia