Kallig's name and the fall of his house. Inquisitor's backstory

Lazproperty

Before starting any class, I enjoy making a backstory to the character. I'm also really big on naming them, the lineage, family trees (nothing very detailed though) stuff like that for immersion, both for the class storyline and community RP.

During the end prologue of the SIstory, we learn that

He is descended from a powerful but forgotten sith lord named Aloysius Kallig, who was betrayed by Tulak Hord, which forced his wealthy family into hiding :eek:

I really fancy the surname 'Kallig', much more than the one I chose at first, and I was wondering if I could justify having it for my character since birth and also during slavery. :confused:

I imagine something like that : Kallig's family fled on some Republic planet to avoid the Empire's punishment assuming Tulak Hord is still hunting them down (or not, it doesn't really matter, they just couldn't stay). Having lost everything, the next two thousands years or so are spent as nobodies, farmers, merchants, maybe a few ephemeral Jedi because of the family sensivity with the force though. It's like that until the treaty of Coruscant, during which the planet autority was given to the Empire, which then enslaved the lower class including Kallig's fallen family. All of this without the Empire (or the inquisitor) knowing about the family's famous lineage except for a few erudite like Talos because it's not present in any records.

Is it plausible ? Do you have examples in real life of high-born nobles or prestigious families who had to go into hiding to survive during enemy's occupation while keeping their real name, which then lost in glory and influence over time ?

Edited by Lazproperty