4.3 Time to walk away for good it seems...

Jesin

Instead of merging servers for the pvp community, megaservering us, etc, they are making it to where there is a toggle for PvP/non pvp? Yup, that happens, I will be out the door. Part of playing ON a pvp server was to have wpvp. Don't like it? PvE servers were out there. Yeah, I have been a subscriber since the game launched minus two small breaks. If they do this crap, I will be (EDIT) THINKING ABOUT (EDIT) walking for good. No interest in a non world pvp game and no, "consensual" pvp flagging is not life on an open world pvp server. Part of the life there is the constant CHANCE at being attacked! People clicked YES when they started playing on the server! Edited by Jesin

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Instead of merging servers for the pvp community, megaservering us, etc, they are making it to where there is a toggle for PvP/non pvp? Yup, that happens, I will be out the door. Part of playing ON a pvp server was to have wpvp. Don't like it? PvE servers were out there. Yeah, I have been a subscriber since the game launched minus two small breaks. If they do this crap, I will be walking probably for good. No interest in a non world pvp game.

I don't see how this changes anything. Most players simply can't handle the stress, spontaneity and excitement of open world PvP. Imagine how terrifying it would be to stumble upon an enemy and have to fight them without being healed by 3 sage/sorc's :eek:

Thankfully, SWTOR PvP is all about touching pylons and with a new WZ coming, we are all finally gonna get to touch some new, different looking pylons! ! I'm sure it will be just as awesomely repetitive as the other WZ's and never ever get boring...

I don't see how this changes anything. Most players simply can't handle the stress, spontaneity and excitement of open world PvP. Imagine how terrifying it would be to stumble upon an enemy and have to fight them without being healed by 3 sage/sorc's :eek:

Thankfully, SWTOR PvP is all about touching pylons and with a new WZ coming, we are all finally gonna get to touch some new, different looking pylons! ! I'm sure it will be just as awesomely repetitive as the other WZ's and never ever get boring...

Amen to this one... I freaking LOVE WPvP... have ever since DAoC! I do enjoy WZs with a group of friends, but I FAR prefer OWPvP with them moreso. All they FREAKING HAD TO DO WAS MERGE THE PVP SERVERS!!! Is that so hard?!? Oh wait, money from server transfers... Mah bad!

Wa... a new 8v8 WZ? Or just a new 4v4 ranked one?

Amen to this one... I freaking LOVE WPvP... have ever since DAoC! I do enjoy WZs with a group of friends, but I FAR prefer OWPvP with them moreso. All they FREAKING HAD TO DO WAS MERGE THE PVP SERVERS!!! Is that so hard?!? Oh wait, money from server transfers... Mah bad!

See above... if you want to go do OWPvP, go do it. only thing that changes is not being able to gank random PvE'rs.

I can never understand why people feel the need to announce that they are quitting a game. Just quit cause no one cares. If you are not happy, move on. That's what I did ( with a previous MMO). I just quit, and when people started asking why they didn't see me in game, I notified them via Facebook or guild website or forum PM.

A toggle option for PvP, on a PvP server, doesn't mean anything, if players want to PvP. Open world PvP is not appealing to most people. Simply because it almost always means you are gonna get jumped by 2 or more FOTM advanced PvP-geared players.

I've seen what it is like with the gree event; getting wailed on by 6 players is definitely not fun; and getting grieved by 2 deception assassins gets old real fast. There is hardly ever a situation where you have one guy going around PK-ing players. Even though back when gear mattered on comps, you had a few who would suit up their comps in Dark Reaver gear, and have the comp reck you. But now, it's two FOTM DPS, or DPS/Heals, DPS/ off-heals, or DPS/tank, ganking unsuspecting players.

It's always gonna be something; sage heals are OP, nerf Operatives, mercs sux, and the list goes on, and on. Play the game until it gets boring then take a break or move on. SWTOR has always been story-driven, so PvP is incidental. I'm surprised with all the so-called PvPers that there aren't any PvP tournaments. I have no idea why it should be up to the developer to implement PvP content.

PvP is an activity that players control; it's player vs player ( i kill you or you kill me). Nothing complex about it. If you want it to be interesting then make it interesting. Guild wars, tournaments, wz contests or whatever. That's what makes pvp interesting. This guild has a beef with that guild and so they KoS (kill on sight) each other.

Edited by Yezzan

I don't get the problem, almost nothing will change, those that want open world PvP will still do so by simply logging into the PvP instance on your server.

In fact by making this change maybe server populations will start to equal out (well maybe not completely) but people who were turned off by a PvP server will start creating toons on former PvP servers which will help with server pops, people may have liked PvP but not cared for open world. If while you like PvP but also do ops it may open your PvP server to new PvE players which means you may get to run ops more often.

While doing this and a server merge would have been better, this change still opens up possibilities on servers people did not choose before, plus it also helps the I'm PvE but I accidentally flagged myself by healing a flagged person type of player.

I can never understand why people feel the need to announce that they are quitting a game. Just quit cause no one cares. If you are not happy, move on. That's what I did ( with a previous MMO). I just quit, and when people started asking why they didn't see me in game, I notified them via Facebook or guild website or forum PM.

A toggle option for PvP, on a PvP server, doesn't mean anything, if players want to PvP. Open world PvP is not appealing to most people. Simply because it almost always means you are gonna get jumped by 2 or more FOTM advanced PvP-geared players.

I've seen what it is like with the gree event; getting wailed on by 6 players is definitely not fun; and getting grieved by 2 deception assassins gets old real fast. There is hardly ever a situation where you have one guy going around PK-ing players. Even though back when gear mattered on comps, you had a few who would suit up their comps in Dark Reaver gear, and have the comp reck you. But now, it's two FOTM DPS, or DPS/Heals, DPS/ off-heals, or DPS/tank, ganking unsuspecting players.

It's always gonna be something; sage heals are OP, nerf Operatives, mercs sux, and the list goes on, and on. Play the game until it gets boring then take a break or move on. SWTOR has always been story-driven, so PvP is incidental. I'm surprised with all the so-called PvPers that there aren't any PvP tournaments. I have no idea why it should be up to the developer to implement PvP content.

PvP is an activity that players control; it's player vs player ( i kill you or you kill me). Nothing complex about it. If you want it to be interesting then make it interesting. Guild wars, tournaments, wz contests or whatever. That's what makes pvp interesting. This guild has a beef with that guild and so they KoS (kill on sight) each other.

Learn to read, kid. I said thinking about it. Looking for discussion on this. Of course, reading for comprehension is lacking these days....

I don't get the problem, almost nothing will change, those that want open world PvP will still do so by simply logging into the PvP instance on your server.

In fact by making this change maybe server populations will start to equal out (well maybe not completely) but people who were turned off by a PvP server will start creating toons on former PvP servers which will help with server pops, people may have liked PvP but not cared for open world. If while you like PvP but also do ops it may open your PvP server to new PvE players which means you may get to run ops more often.

While doing this and a server merge would have been better, this change still opens up possibilities on servers people did not choose before, plus it also helps the I'm PvE but I accidentally flagged myself by healing a flagged person type of player.

That is not what life on a pvp server is ABOUT. It is about playing on a server where you can be attacked and should be on the lookout for it. If you don't want this, you should be on a pve server.

Same argument people have against solo ques for wz's. He want's forced pvp participation. Just like premades want forced participation from the solo community. Both parties realize that their actual time played in pvp combat in their preferred way will be reduced significantly if changes are made (i.e. toggleable pvp combat for pvp servers and a solo que for reg wz's.) I am against toggled pvp for pvp servers, that's just plain stupid since you chose to play on a pvp server....you have a choice and knew what you were doing when you made it..As for going against Premades in reg WZ's since there is no "solo" que/group que for regs, that topic has been beaten to death ad nauseam.

Same argument people have against solo ques for wz's. He want's forced pvp participation. Just like premades want forced participation from the solo community. Both parties realize that their actual time played in pvp combat in their preferred way will be reduced significantly if changes are made (i.e. toggleable pvp combat for pvp servers and a solo que for reg wz's.) I am against toggled pvp for pvp servers, that's just plain stupid since you chose to play on a pvp server....you have a choice and knew what you were doing when you made it..As for going against Premades in reg WZ's since there is no "solo" que/group que for regs, that topic has been beaten to death ad nauseam.

Actually there is a solo queue, right click and you will see "queue solo". ;)

Remove that so we HAVE to group up or give groups their own little queue and we're golden.

What astonishes me are 2 things :

- A complaint that there won 't be any *dedicated* PvP servers anymore

- All current *dedicated* PvP servers being nearly empty right now.

Because no one likes being ganked by a group of Shadows and Assassins, but those who do gank love pvp servers.

Because no one likes being ganked by a group of Shadows and Assassins, but those who do gank love pvp servers.

I honestly had no idea that people actually play swtor for "owpvp". The zones are so limited where there is even a possibility of such pvp... lol. Wrong game imo for owpvp. I loved WAR because it was built for that type of PVP, along with having wzs. SWTOR is truly not built at all for real owpvp. If it was, I would partake. It's not.

I honestly had no idea that people actually play swtor for "owpvp". The zones are so limited where there is even a possibility of such pvp... lol. Wrong game imo for owpvp. I loved WAR because it was built for that type of PVP, along with having wzs. SWTOR is truly not built at all for real owpvp. If it was, I would partake. It's not.

I have done a few OWPVP/RP events on BC.

I honestly had no idea what was going on, just a mess of green and red names, along with 10 fps.

I honestly had no idea what was going on, just a mess of green and red names, along with 10 fps.

That's exactly what I got of the one owpvp event I went to on the Harbinger. Just healing the greens around some hillock on Belsavis. I think I got some achievements out of it or something, but it was really boring.

rofl. Yeah.... this game's "optimization". I never set foot into owpvp here, because it's just not made for that. Technically, or stylistically it fails there from what I can tell.